[Support] Djoss - QDirStat

Support for QDirStat docker container

Application Name: QDirStat
Application Sitehttps://github.com/shundhammer/qdirstat
Docker Hubhttps://hub.docker.com/r/jlesage/qdirstat/
Githubhttps://github.com/jlesage/docker-qdirstat

Make sure to look at the complete documentation, available on Github !

Post any questions or issues relating to this docker in this thread.

Edited by Djoss
  • Like 3
  • 3 weeks later...

just found and installed this great little Docker and am doing my first scan.

I do have some questions:

> once this rather lengthy scan is done (about 20TB of data), is it persistent by default, or will I have to do something to "save" the scanning results?  (is that what "Write to cache file" is for, maybe?)

> I am still scanning, so maybe that's why, but the menus become unresponsive at some point when I click my way through them, and I have gotten black screen artefacts in its UI...I am afraid to do a page-reload bc I don't know whether the progress is persistent (is it?), but is this expected behaviour while scanning is in progress?

> I noticed the "Filemanager from here" menu item...does it have its own filemanager or does it somehow route me to my installed Krusader Docker?

Since I do a lot of manual balancing of data between my disk shares, this Docker will be a lot of help as the Disk Usage function in Krusader isn't persistent and takes too long to be practical for my purposes.

6 hours ago, tillkrueger said:

> once this rather lengthy scan is done (about 20TB of data), is it persistent by default, or will I have to do something to "save" the scanning results?  (is that what "Write to cache file" is for, maybe?)

If you want to keep the result of the scan to consult it later, you need to save it using the "Write to cache file" function.

> I am still scanning, so maybe that's why, but the menus become unresponsive at some point when I click my way through them, and I have gotten black screen artefacts in its UI...I am afraid to do a page-reload bc I don't know whether the progress is persistent (is it?), but is this expected behaviour while scanning is in progress?

I also experiment some slowdown in the UI when scanning.

Reloading the web page as no effect on the application, since you are just accessing the app'UI via VNC.

> I noticed the "Filemanager from here" menu item...does it have its own filemanager or does it somehow route me to my installed Krusader Docker?

The file manager is not supported in this container.  However, you can use the "Open Terminal Here" function.

• Like 1
  • 2 months later...

Hi,  

im trying to get this to work. In the UI i get the top menu items and nothing is displayed. There is a red circle with an X that says 

server disconnected code 1006.

I left all docker settings to the default.

Any ideas? I really want to get it to works.

thank you

H.

EDIT:

Nevermind... its working. Either it needed time to load, or I was using it in my iPad and it does not support the interface.

Thank you very much for this!

H.

Edited by hernandito
  • 3 months later...
  • 10 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...
On 2/7/2020 at 3:32 AM, G@n0nD0rf said:

Is it possible to scan on disc level? I have enabled disc shares but I can't see them in QDirStat.

To make additions unRAID paths available to QDirStat, you need to edit the container settings and add a new "Path".  This is how a path in unRAID is mapped to a path in the container.

16 hours ago, subagon said:

Is there any way to increase the size of the QDirStat window? I use another docker, MKVToolNix, which has two docker variables to adjust the screen size. They are, DISPLAY_WIDTH & DISPLAY_HEIGHT. I tried adding these to the QDirStat docker but it didn't cause any change.

You already have I the container settings "Display Width" and "Display Height" that you can adjust.  No need to add additional variables.

• 3 months later...

For some odd reason, qdirstat isn't able to delete anything. I keep getting this error when I try (this is from the console, but it's the same error message the gui has):

/storage/Saidar # rm syslog.log 
rm: remove 'syslog.log'? yes
rm: can't remove 'syslog.log': Read-only file system

This is the only Docker I've got that has a problem creating and removing files. Any thoughts?

On 6/17/2020 at 2:52 PM, DBJordan said:

For some odd reason, qdirstat isn't able to delete anything. I keep getting this error when I try (this is from the console, but it's the same error message the gui has):

/storage/Saidar # rm syslog.log 
rm: remove 'syslog.log'? yes
rm: can't remove 'syslog.log': Read-only file system

This is the only Docker I've got that has a problem creating and removing files. Any thoughts?

By default, /storage is configured read-only.  You can change this by editing the "Storage" setting (make sure to switch to the Advanced View in container's settings).

• Like 3
  • 5 months later...
On 2/10/2019 at 1:39 PM, Druminstein said:

server disconnected code 1006.

Getting this as well.

looks at the logs i am also seeing this marked in red

23/01/2019 22:55:39 rfbProcessClientProtocolVersion: read: I/O error

EDIT: clearing cache fixed it.

anybody knows how the cache is cleared here? I got the same error.

I tried removing the cache directory in the config directory, but still the same error.

Edited by mugennas
  • 11 months later...