Missing Dockers

I am running 6.6.7 and have been using the Plex docker for years with no problem.

I have added Duplicati in the last 2 weeks and it has been running OK too.

In the past couple of days I have added Sabnzbd, Sonar and Radarr as well.

I have just come from work and found that all dockers are missing from the dashboard, that I can't access any docker and that if I click on the docker tab in Settings that this is responsive.

It appears that one of all of the dockers have crashed, please see attached diagnostics file

tower-diagnostics-20190307-1652.zip

i have it scheduled for every hour, nd I have just noticed that I had set a new downloads folder (for Sonarr / Radarr / Sabnzbd) to use the cache drive.

I guess that this is going to max out the CPU & memory?

I have now switched off the cache drive for this share and increased the mover period

However I have managwd to start the Sabnzbd docker again, but after 10 mins the dockers have locked up again.

I am looking to reboot after added another 8GB of memory.

Edited by clevoir

Maybe not relevant to this specific problem, but a couple of things you should consider changing.

1)

Mover is logging all your file moves. Takes up a lot of room in your syslog, and they aren't anonymized currently. When you change the mover schedule you should also tell it not to log.

2)

Your docker image is very large. Often people will do this when they have been filling their docker image due to some misconfigured application. Of course making it larger doesn't fix the problem, it just makes it take longer to fill.

But in your case it doesn't look like you are filling it, and it is only using a reasonable amount of space. But you have allocated an unreasonable amount. Delete that 100G docker image, recreate it at 20G. That will give you back a lot of cache space.

Then you can reinstall your dockers exactly as they were using the Previous Apps feature on the Apps page.

Doesn't look like you're running any VMs, so 8GB RAM might be fine. I don't know.

I'll start another post about your RAM. After reviewing your diagnostics again I don't have anything to add about your RAM usage.

Thanks for your reply, I have now switched mover logging off.

My cache drive is 500GB, even with a 100GB docker image (the size was a guesstimate on my part), I still have 400GB left?

Apart from the high memory & CPU usage, which is likely to be the cause of my problems, does anything stuck out as to why my dockers locked up?

15 minutes ago, clevoir said:

My cache drive is 500GB, even with a 100GB docker image (the size was a guesstimate on my part), I still have 400GB left?

37 minutes ago, trurl said:

making it larger ... just makes it take longer to fill.

If it isn't larger than it needs to be, then filling it more quickly would let you know sooner that you had something setup wrong. I always say if you are using more than 20G you are doing something wrong. It will typically be quite a bit less than that and not growing.

And it's easy to keep up with. Your screenshots are showing it with only 5% of that 100G used. And Fix Common Problems will also warn you.

And you would get some space back for other things as mentioned already.