[Support] SpaceinvaderOne - Macinabox

On 10/9/2024 at 3:59 AM, aglaze said:

I appreciate the info here. On my end, I am able to boot into vnc fine. I run into issues when attempting to passthrough my rx6600. I have edited the config.plist at NVRAM>Bootargs with agdpmod=pikera. My xml appears to have the gpu and sound on the same bus/slot and appropriate functions, but it doesn't have "multifunction="on". When manually updating the xml, it does not retain the edits. I'm hoping there is something obvious that I am missing so it will be retained. As a note, I am on Unraid 6.12.13. Any help from you or the greater Unraid community would be appreciated!!

Hey all

Can someone sort of explain how I update the config.plist file? I tried doing it using the Opencore Configurator but I couldn't figure it out. 

13 hours ago, HomerJ said:

Hey all

Can someone sort of explain how I update the config.plist file? I tried doing it using the Opencore Configurator but I couldn't figure it out. 

Sorry I can't put a screen capture but you need to go on the top right of your screen, right click on the configurator icon and mount the partitions. It will appear in osx and you'll be able to edit it.

Google how to mount the partitions for open core configurator.

• Thanks 1
On 10/9/2024 at 3:59 AM, aglaze said:

I appreciate the info here. On my end, I am able to boot into vnc fine. I run into issues when attempting to passthrough my rx6600. I have edited the config.plist at NVRAM>Bootargs with agdpmod=pikera. My xml appears to have the gpu and sound on the same bus/slot and appropriate functions, but it doesn't have "multifunction="on". When manually updating the xml, it does not retain the edits. I'm hoping there is something obvious that I am missing so it will be retained. As a note, I am on Unraid 6.12.13. Any help from you or the greater Unraid community would be appreciated!!

Yer its a version 6.x.x issue I just do what i need to save, switch to edit template and make fine edits in xml veiw. If you switch between the gui and code view it will do that. They fixed it with version 7.x.x buts its still beta. Make sure multifunction is in there otherwise it will not work. If you go through space invader ones youtube videos and the passthrough ones it explains how to edit the gpu passthrough. See if you dont make the edits and have multifunction on the card becomes 2 devices and will not work. Sorry for getting back so late tied up in real life.

watch this video Advanced GPU passthrough techniques on Unraid (youtube.com)

It explains all edits you need to make, why and what. Space invader one is a god sent, his videos are worth there weight in gold. When you get time check all his videos out because they will save you hrs of research. 

Edited by 2strokeunraid
helping member
  • Thanks 2
On 10/11/2024 at 3:34 PM, HomerJ said:

Hey all

Just google Dortania's OpenCore Install Guide, yes its alot of reading but if you wanna get it done right take the time. Don't use opencore configurator or any of those config apps they brake opencore most of the time and cause nothing but pain. Simply get a plist editor and read up on how to edit. watch a few youtube vids on howto edit config plist also :)

• Thanks 1

Just a quick question. 

Here is a screenshot of my XML detailing the GPU. 

Screenshot_20241013-233512.thumb.png.1bd681e481d9301364ab874e67b48129.png

Would someone be able to check it and confirm that it's correct and that there are no errors which would stop video and audio from being passthroughed?

I followed a post a few pages back to check it and make changes, but it looked to me that no changes were required, which might be related to the fact that I'm running the latest unRAID beta. 

Thanks heaps!!