[6.8.0] Unresponsive

5 minutes ago, trurl said:

For future reference see this post about how to report bugs:

https://forums.unraid.net/bug-reports/stable-releases/report-guidelines-r68/

So in addition to diagnostics, you should try to reproduce the issue in SAFE mode to eliminate any plugins.

Ok got it!.. sorry for that.

4 minutes ago, bonienl said:

First thing to do is start your system in "safe mode" without plugins and retest.

Rebooting in safe mode now...

And the fact you have allocated 40G to docker image also makes me suspect you have misconfigured docker applications. I usually recommend 20G. Have you had problems with docker image filling? Making it larger will not fix it, it will just make it take longer to fill.

There are 2 different ways you can get problems with misconfigured dockers:

1. If you have an application that writes to any path that isn't mapped, it will be writing into the docker image, filling it up. Common mistakes are not using the same upper/lower case as in the mappings, or not using an absolute path (beginning with /).
  2. If you have a host path that is not actual storage, that path is in RAM. This includes any path to an Unassigned Device that isn't actually mounted.
2 hours ago, trurl said:

And the fact you have allocated 40G to docker image also makes me suspect you have misconfigured docker applications. I usually recommend 20G. Have you had problems with docker image filling? Making it larger will not fix it, it will just make it take longer to fill.

There are 2 different ways you can get problems with misconfigured dockers:

1. If you have an application that writes to any path that isn't mapped, it will be writing into the docker image, filling it up. Common mistakes are not using the same upper/lower case as in the mappings, or not using an absolute path (beginning with /).
  2. If you have a host path that is not actual storage, that path is in RAM. This includes any path to an Unassigned Device that isn't actually mounted.

Yes I increased the docker image to troubleshooting "image filling" in the past and I'm just lazy not recreating a smaller image :)

It seems to be my unifi-video container thats gets out of hand. Just trying to understand what changed in the docker engine between 18.09.2 and 19.03.5 that I need adapt to.

Thanks for the support!  I guess we can consider this issue closed for now as it is a docker issue and not an unraid issue.