[Support] - Storj v3 docker

• 1 month later...

I'd like to learn more about Graceful Exits. I have everything up and running, but there are still chances of gaps in availability when the container updates, I restart my server, etc. What does "leaving a Satellite" (Storj's words) mean for this docker?

Should I avoid auto-updating this container and run a Graceful Exit each time it goes offline? Or is there a time limit that I need to re-appear online before I'm considered "offline"?

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
On 5/15/2022 at 7:46 PM, rm414 said:

I'd like to learn more about Graceful Exits. I have everything up and running, but there are still chances of gaps in availability when the container updates, I restart my server, etc. What does "leaving a Satellite" (Storj's words) mean for this docker?

Should I avoid auto-updating this container and run a Graceful Exit each time it goes offline? Or is there a time limit that I need to re-appear online before I'm considered "offline"?

Anyone have an answer for this? I would like to update the server, but I want to know if Graceful Exit is needed before I update the server, or if I can do the update (usually about 5 minutes) and be okay for the downtime. Or is it needed when you want to leave the network/project entirely?

Anyone have an answer for this? I would like to update the server, but I want to know if Graceful Exit is needed before I update the server, or if I can do the update (usually about 5 minutes) and be okay for the downtime. Or is it needed when you want to leave the network/project entirely?

You’ll be fine. The polling for availability is over a long period. Server updates won’t be noticed.
  • Like 1