(SOLVED) Unmountable: No File System Disk 1 after Ugrade to 6.8.3

Hello

After updating to 6.8.3 last night and rebooting Disk 1 (8G) drive tossed out this message "Unmountable: No File System"

I was in the server last week as I am planning a upgrade of mobo/cpus and case.

Pretty Much this build and it is fired up ready for drives

Disk 1

File system is xfs

Somewhat new drive believe was added about 1 year ago

Diagnostics file attached

-nv file system check results attached

Didsome reading this morning but wanted to have the good guys look at this before throwing stones at it :)

Thanks

nv file system check.rtf tower-diagnostics-20200405-0920.zip

Edited by snuffy47

Remove the n flag from the options and re-run

But, the drive is toast now

5 Reallocated_Sector_Ct   PO--CK   100   100   010    -    840

840 reallocated sectors is way beyond my comfort level

And also set up notifications.  This has probably been going on for a while.

• Haha 1

@Squid Thanks for the quick reply.

-n results attached

I do have notifications and I recieved errors for this disk on last parity check but thought maybe because I was in the case last week I had disrupted something

I do have a replacement dive for it though but hopefully this drive is not toast lol.  Is there something I can do early when you see reallocated sectors to prevetn complete failure.

n file system check.rtf

Took out of Maintenance Mode and Started Array

The drive still has Unmountable: No File System :(

Update I ran the -nv and -v results again on this disk and received different results

The -v flag now says to run -L

Might have some how messed up my reporting earlier not sure.

tower-diagnostics-20200405-1206.zip

nv 2 file system check.rtf v 2 file system check.rtf

Edited by snuffy47
update

See attached screenie opps forgot to attach 

On a different note I rebooted my server and the same drive re offended to Unmountable

I followed the same proceedure above and attached files of results

Currently array is out of maintenance and Disk 1 is in array without the Unmountable message

Kinda unsure what is next 

Updated added the SMART History information for Disk 1 if that helps with anything

i have a new drive that can replace it if needed or can I move the data to some of my other drives that have room.  Lookin gfor suggestions on best path forward to return array to healthy :)

nv 3 file system check.rtf tower-diagnostics-20200406-1052.zip v 3 file system check.rtf vL 3 file system check.rtf

Capture.JPG

ST8000DM004-2CX188_ZCT0P3KA-20200406-1418.txt

Edited by snuffy47

Okay after sleeping on this was thinking I should move my user shares off of Disk 1 and replace with new drive - stop me if I am thinking about this wrong

For sure the help above solved the Unmountable message and big thumbs up for that.

Planning on using MC in terminal and have attached my user shares on Disk 1 fr reference.  These user shares use all disks

If I want to move the folder movies from Disk 1 to Disk 7 I would use MC in terminal and   mv /mnt/disk1/movies /mnt/disk7.....  Am I on the rght track here 

USerSharesCapture.JPG

movies Capture.JPG

I want to say a big thanks to all that helped with the UNMOUNTABLE problem

Going to mark this as SOLVED and move on as what I am going to do now is likely really not related and more geared around data moving and disk replacement

Update thinking about using UNBALANCE Plugin to do my data moving as it looks very simple :)  If you feel this is a grave error for user shares drop me a PM will likely start later today clearing Disk 1

Again Big thumbs up for all the help you UNRAID gurus provided to fix this for me.

13 hours ago, snuffy47 said:

Okay after sleeping on this was thinking I should move my user shares off of Disk 1 and replace with new drive - stop me if I am thinking about this wrong

Not clear there is anything wrong with the original, but if you insist on replacing it, as noted

On 4/5/2020 at 9:40 AM, Squid said:

But, the drive is toast now

5 Reallocated_Sector_Ct   PO--CK   100   100   010    -    840

840 reallocated sectors is way beyond my comfort level

no need to move any data off. Just replace the drive and its data will be rebuilt on the new drive.