email server?[solved]

squirrellydw

slighty off topic what email service do you recommend that supports IMAP at a resonable price?  Don't say google, I am using them now and would like to try something different and to be honest I don't trust them.

I've always liked to roll with my own domain, that way if I ever change providers I can take my email addresses with me. 

I know you don't say Google, but for $10/year you can get your own domain and all the Google Apps stuff.  But, if you don't like Google, there are plenty of high quality shared web hosts that support pretty much unlimited IMAP addresses.  I use sharkspace as my web host and am very happy with them.  But I ended up ditching the included email to have Google host it, as their spam filters are stellar.

I have my own domains through Godaddy and use Google Apps for free. I believe you can sign up for that service for free if it is for personal use. Only reason why I use Google Mail with my own domain is I'm able to get email from every where.