Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

Unraid

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

[Plugin] Nvidia-Driver

Featured Replies

  • Author
2 hours ago, Gvon said:

it's a silence data corruption no log no drive error only when i check zpool status -v cache

is this PCIe/ZFS I/O corruption bug?

Sorry but I can't help with that since I don't think the Nvidia Driver is able to cause issues with ZFS and this is of course the first time I hear of such a thing.

You only can research or report that in the ZFS GitHub issue tracker or the Nvidia developer forums.

  • Replies 5.9k
  • Views 1.1m
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Most Popular Posts

  • To utilize your Nvidia graphics card in your Docker container(s) the basic steps are:   Add '--runtime=nvidia' in your Docker template in 'Extra Parameters' (you have to enable 'Advanced

  • Recompiled the drivers and they are now just working fine (to get it working scroll down):   Please do the following (this is only necessary if you upgraded before I recompiled the dri

  • I'm currently spinning up my build VM and compiling the drivers again, currently drivers for 6.11.0 stable are not available...

Posted Images

  • Author
8 minutes ago, Alex_75 said:

Here is the file

I'm not 100% sure but please try to remove --runtime nvidia and instead add --gpus all from the Extra parameters.

33 minutes ago, ich777 said:

Sorry but I can't help with that since I don't think the Nvidia Driver is able to cause issues with ZFS and this is of course the first time I hear of such a thing.

You only can research or report that in the ZFS GitHub issue tracker or the Nvidia developer forums.

this is what i found maybe related ?

Random screen freezes on Linux with driver 595.71.05 where even the keyboard stops responding — that's effectively a kernel freeze, which could block ZFS I/O mid-write.
https://forums.developer.nvidia.com/t/595-71-05-screen-freezes-on-linux-wayland/369122

Graphical corruption after suspend/resume with Xid 13 errors on 595.71.05
https://forums.developer.nvidia.com/t/graphical-corruption-after-suspend-resume-with-nvidia-xid-13-595-71-05/368627

  • Author
54 minutes ago, Gvon said:

this is what i found maybe related ?

Maybe but I can't tell, it would be best to create your own Forum entry there.

55 minutes ago, Gvon said:

where even the keyboard stops responding — that's effectively a kernel freeze

Are you sure, who says that? I'm not sure if the keyboard really hangs because he mentions that he thinks that it's hanging. However from what I see this is an Xid error 79 (GPU falls from the Bus - most of the times a incompatible BIOS setting or even outdated BIOS.

55 minutes ago, Gvon said:

Xid 13 errors

I don't think that you have an Xid error or do you?

https://docs.nvidia.com/deploy/xid-errors/analyzing-xid-catalog.html

1 hour ago, ich777 said:

I'm not 100% sure but please try to remove --runtime nvidia and instead add --gpus all from the Extra parameters.

I've troubleshooted with chatgpt. I don't know what happened with the upgrade to 7.2.6 but i delete my docker image and reinstalled it and now all is working well

  • Author
1 hour ago, Alex_75 said:

I've troubleshooted with chatgpt.

Most of the times a really bad choice if we are talking about Unraid and 3rd party drivers.

However glad that all now is working.

8 hours ago, ich777 said:

I'm not 100% sure but please try to remove --runtime nvidia and instead add --gpus all from the Extra parameters.

This fixed the issue for me in Plex after upgrading to Nvidia Driver Version: 580.159.03. I was getting this error when starting Plex:

docker: Error response from daemon: unknown or invalid runtime name: nvidia

Edited by Naratov

  • Author
2 hours ago, Naratov said:

This fixed the issue for me in Plex after upgrading to Nvidia Driver Version: 580.159.03. I was getting this error when starting Plex:

I don't think that this fixed it, is it possible that you've installed the Nvidia driver and didn't restart the Docker service or did not reboot?

The message that you are seeing means exactly that.

  • Author
Just now, Alfredo said:

Below is a script for the User Scripts plugin. It ensures that the CDI runtime is properly configured and that Docker is aware of the new devices, whether during a fresh boot or after an update.

Please don't do that.

This is not necessary! The plugin is now fixed!

BTW, I would strongly recommend that you use:

--gpus=all

17 minutes ago, ich777 said:

@Alfredo & @xinud did you post something here? It seems I can't find your posts anymore?

Yes, I deleted it — everything is now working with --device nvidia.com/gpu=all without my script, which is odd since both the plugin and Unraid were already up to date. Yesterday Plex was crashing, today it just works.

Thanks for your work on the plugin.

On 5/12/2026 at 3:09 AM, ich777 said:

Maybe but I can't tell, it would be best to create your own Forum entry there.

Are you sure, who says that? I'm not sure if the keyboard really hangs because he mentions that he thinks that it's hanging. However from what I see this is an Xid error 79 (GPU falls from the Bus - most of the times a incompatible BIOS setting or even outdated BIOS.

I don't think that you have an Xid error or do you?

https://docs.nvidia.com/deploy/xid-errors/analyzing-xid-catalog.html

just to update here my problem zfs mirror data corruption fixed i don't really sure what causing it, i try different sata port still same corruption report, no more corruption complain when i change docker system from cache0 to cache1

-tried rebuild docker system on cache0 still have corruption report

-move docker system to cache1 fixed

Note i have appdata and docker system on cache0 zfs mirror overlay2 data corruption complain on both drive.

  • Author
2 hours ago, Gvon said:

just to update here my problem zfs mirror data corruption fixed i don't really sure what causing it, i try different sata port still same corruption report, no more corruption complain when i change docker system from cache0 to cache1

Probably this would be best to report in the General subforums since if this is a general issue that should be reported and this is the wrong place to report such things.

6 minutes ago, ich777 said:

Probably this would be best to report in the General subforums since if this is a general issue that should be reported and this is the wrong place to report such things.

sorry about that You're absolutely right.

On 5/13/2026 at 5:34 PM, ich777 said:

@Alfredo & @xinud did you post something here? It seems I can't find your posts anymore?

I was going to say that I got mine working using "--gpus=all" which is great.

but then was going to ask a follow-up question about how to specify a specific GPU for a container. However, further research I found I could use --gpus='"device=1"' which seems to work for me now as well

Thank you!

GTX 1660 Ti - --runtime=nvidia broken after upgrading to 7.3.0 (no HW transcoding anymore)

After upgrading from 7.2.4 to 7.3.0, my GTX 1660 Ti no longer works with Plex using --runtime=nvidia.

•  Container fails to start with “bad parameter” / “command failed” when using --runtime=nvidia or --gpus all

•  Works fine with no GPU parameters (software transcoding only)

•  docker run --rm --gpus all nvidia/cuda... test works successfully

•  Tested on drivers 580.159.03, 590.48.01, and 595.71.05

•  Plex-Media-Server container from Previous Apps

It was working perfectly on 7.2.4 (I think this is the version I left to go directly to 7.3.0). Seems like a compatibility issue with the new Docker version in 7.3.

Anyone else with cards (16xx series) having this issue?

  • Author
2 hours ago, marlinz357 said:

Anyone else with cards (16xx series) having this issue?

As pointed oit in the previous threads use --gpus=all

Hello,

I'm trying to upgrade my server from Unraid 7.2.4 to 7.2.6 and I am getting these error messages telling me not to reboot:
Screenshot 2026-05-16 at 2.27.02 PM.png

Any idea why this is happening?
I have a GTX 1080 in the server.

  • Author
50 minutes ago, bschaeff18 said:

Any idea why this is happening?

I would recommend to reboot, please note that your next reboot will take a bit longer since the plugin tries to download the driver and after the reboot you have to visit the plugin page and select for your GTX1080 the legacy driver version 580.x, click Update & Download, wait for the download to finish and then reboot once more.

30 minutes ago, ich777 said:

I would recommend to reboot, please note that your next reboot will take a bit longer since the plugin tries to download the driver and after the reboot you have to visit the plugin page and select for your GTX1080 the legacy driver version 580.x, click Update & Download, wait for the download to finish and then reboot once more.

That worked, thanks!

Having a similar issue, but with 2x 3060 gpus. After upgrading to 7.2.6, dockers with GPU acceleration ON no longer start.

Environment

  • Unraid 7.3.0

  • 2 × RTX 3060 (seen fine by host)

  • Nvidia‑Driver plugin: 580.159.03, nvidia-smi shows CUDA 13.0

Problem

  • On host, nvidia-smi works and both GPUs look healthy.

  • Any Docker container with GPU access fails during init with:

    docker: Error response from daemon: failed to create task for container: failed to create shim task: OCI runtime create failed: runc create failed: unable to start container process: error during container init: error running createContainer hook #N: exit status 2, stdout: , stderr: /bin/sh: 0: cannot open /proc/self/fd/12: No such file

What I’ve already tried

  • I tried removing the plugin, restarting and then installing the driver again with different branches but same issue 580.159.03, 590.48.01, and 595.71.05.

  • Tried starting whisper-asr-webservice or ollama using --runtime=nvidia or --gpus all in Extra Parameters but ran into same error on hook

  • Restarted Docker and the whole server multiple times.

Ask

  • Is this a known issue with NVIDIA Container Toolkit / libnvidia-container on Unraid 7.3.0 (GPU works on host but all GPU Docker containers die in the Nvidia hook)?

  • What’s the correct way on Unraid to fully reset/reinstall the Nvidia container runtime config so these hooks stop failing ?

Help please. I run two 3090's with ollama. Both were working fine yesterday. Today updated to 7.3, now when I load an llm, it only works in one of my gpus. It should span across both like it did before. If I load a second llm, it will load on the other card, but one will not load across like it was yesterday. If I load the one llm, itis crawling, going to system ram. No idea why. the ollama has all gpus tag, and again, it was fine yesterday. both show up in nvidia smi. Both show up and are checked in the nvida plug in.loki-diagnostics-20260518-0110.zip

Any thoughts? ideas? is this a 7.3 issue? or?

Thanks in advance.

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.