[Plugin] DVB-Driver

ich777

3 hours ago, ich777 said:

Is this a HDMI capture device?

looks like it, they only make capture cards as far as i see ;)

4 hours ago, wdnaser said:

I want to use "MacroSilicon USB Video" to make the tvheadend hard to decode

may describe wht you really want todo, looks like you are on the wrong route i assume

1 hour ago, wdnaser said:

Normally, it should be included in LibreELEC.

Wait, I think you got this wrong, this plugin only provides the DVB/ATSC drivers for TV Cards from LibreELEC but not capture cards.

A capture card is a completely different device and generally speaking not supported by this plugin because it is only meant for TV Cards.

This package doesn't container all drivers which are available on LibreELEC, this package only includes the DVB/ATSC driver portion.

So it is a capture card or am I wrong?

Can you post your Diagnostics with the device attached?

Do you have a device called /dev/video0 in your system?

What is the output from:

ls -l /sys/bus/usb/drivers/snd-usb-audio/

It appears to be a capture device that take an AV signal coming into an HDMI port and presents a video stream via USB - that video stream could be viewed on a PC or, presumably, written to a file.

To be honest, it seems somewhat similar to a Hauppauge HD-PVR device which I have been using on unRAID/DVB for years to capture video from my cable boxes.  The Hauuapuge HD-PVR device captures video on component or HDMI inputs so it isn't technically a TV capture card either, you need a cable or satellite box to decode the TV signal and provide it as video.

• Like 1
1 hour ago, wdnaser said:

Want to decode hardware to Docker tvheadend

you want to decode ... what ? the file which is written then ?

you have some stb, mediaplayer, ... connected via hdmi or component to the card and then via USB to your server, this is something tvheadend wont handle anyway as its a tvbackend server expecting a dvb input (.ts stream or a m3u or HLS piped via ffmpeg or ...) but not a capture card device writing a file to the disc and then serve it as a "live" stream.

so you should use this in a vm while passing through this device and use a software which can handle this device.

6 hours ago, alturismo said:

you want to decode ... what ? the file which is written then ?

you have some stb, mediaplayer, ... connected via hdmi or component to the card and then via USB to your server, this is something tvheadend wont handle anyway as its a tvbackend server expecting a dvb input (.ts stream or a m3u or HLS piped via ffmpeg or ...) but not a capture card device writing a file to the disc and then serve it as a "live" stream.

so you should use this in a vm while passing through this device and use a software which can handle this device.

图像 5.png

5 hours ago, wdnaser said:

图像 5.png

But that isn't a TV adapter, is this USB HDMI Capture card supposed to work in TV Headend?

Anyways, you haven't answered a single question that I've asked above so I really can't help with this.

From my perspective this is the wrong thread for this.

On 1/6/2023 at 3:11 AM, ich777 said:

What is the output from:

ls -l /sys/bus/usb/drivers/snd-usb-audio/

/bin/ls: cannot access '/sys/bus/usb/drivers/snd-usb-audio/': No such file or directory

But  /sys/bus/usb/drivers has something

图像 1.png

Edited by wdnaser
add jpg
2 hours ago, ich777 said:

Again, this is the wrong thread for that as explained above, this package only includes the DVB drivers from LibreELEC and not capture card drivers.

Last question, can I use an undriven device in Docker? (Container has the driver)

Where do I go to ask Capture questions?

38 minutes ago, wdnaser said:

Where do I go to ask Capture questions?

well, depends now what your question is, when i see what you post here, may start at tvheadend forum to ask if a capture card like yours is supported in tvheadend for your usecase (what i cant imagine)

https://tvheadend.org/projects/tvheadend/boards

40 minutes ago, wdnaser said:

Last question, can I use an undriven device in Docker? (Container has the driver)

give it a try and pass the device to the docker, usually this wont work.

where to ask ... may here if its general

https://forums.unraid.net/forum/55-general-support/

• Like 1
  • 3 weeks later...

Just a heads up for all TBS Card users.

Since media_build has been basically deprecated and I've glued it together to compile against new Kernels (v6+) I really can't tell for sure how long I'm able to do that because it is really time consuming to fix everything that breaks with a release from a new Kernel and will get worse and worse...

(media_build is necessary for the TBS drivers and can't be easily replaced)

Currently I'm working on getting it to work on Kernel 6.1+ to be compatible with Unraid 6.12

I would recommend that you already look around for alternatives like Sundtek (dedicated plugin), DigitalDevices, Hauppauge Tuners which are supported by the LibreELEC package and maybe sell your TBS Tuners.

Currently it looks like there is no fix in the near future for this, however some tuners should be supported by the LibreELEC package.

You can test this by switching to the LibreELEC package and reboot you server afterwards and see if the card shows up in the plugin, if yes you should be good to go but you maybe have to tweak some settings in TVHeadend since the cards maybe need to be newly assigned.

See the deprecate announcement here

EDIT: TBS-OS drivers are compiling against Kernel 6.1 and 6.2, so to speak it is safe to upgrade for you when 6.12.0 stable or even a new RC is released.