• Unraid OS version 6.12.4-rc19 available

ljm42

Thank you for the feedback on the previous rc release, we have one more small set of updates to test before releasing 6.12.4. Highlights include:

• Resolved an issue with VMs on the macvtap interface not being able to connect to the Internet
    • Additional IPv6 improvements
    • The delay before auto-closing notifications is now configurable (see Settings/Notification Settings)
    • Fix the custom network DHCP subnet options on the Settings/Docker Settings page

If you are already on 6.12.4-rc18 this should be a simple update, no need to change any settings. If you are coming from an earlier release please see the 6.12.4-rc18 announce post for info on how to solve macvlan issues and other changes.

Upgrade steps for this release

1. As always, prior to upgrading, create a backup of your USB flash device:  "Main/Flash/Flash Device Settings" - click "Flash Backup".
    2. Update all of your plugins. This is critical for the NVIDIA and Realtek plugins in particular.
    3. If the system is currently running 6.12.0 - 6.12.2, we're going to suggest that you stop the array at this point. If it gets stuck on "Retry unmounting shares", open a web terminal and type:
      umount /var/lib/docker

The array should now stop successfully (This issue was resolved with 6.12.3)

4. Go to Tools -> Update OS, change the Branch to "Next". If the update doesn't show, click "Check for Updates"
    5. Wait for the update to download and install
    6. If you have any plugins that install drivers (NVIDIA, Realtek, etc), wait for the notification that the new version of the driver has been downloaded. 
    7. Reboot

Known Issues

Please see the 6.12.4-rc18 release notes

Rolling Back

Please see the 6.12.4-rc18 release notes

Changes vs. 6.12.4-rc18

• docker: add routing when shim or macvtap network is used
    • docker: fix routing when "host access" is enabled
    • docker: remove IPv6 from shim/vhost interface (some routers are incompatible)
    • New notification option: auto-closure time
    • New notification option: notification life time
    • Set default notifications life time to 5 seconds
    • network: print public ipv6 address
    • network: shim interface gets MAC address of parent, no need to generate one
    • Docker settings: fix subnet sizes
    • CSS: set overflow-x to 'auto'
    • Helptext: fix typo

Linux kernel

• version 6.1.47

• Like 14

User Feedback

Recommended Comments

Looks good, I updated to 6.12.4 rc19 from 6.12.3 and switched to ipvlan from macvlan without dockers losing internet connectivity as they did in 6.12.3. The only change I made after installing rc19 was to change to ipvlan. Server was crashing weekly with 6.12.3 and macvlan, so I will be glad to see that stop, thanks for working toward a solution.

New notification option: auto-closure time
    New notification option: notification life time

Is this two different options?

Edited by Niklas
    15 minutes ago, Niklas said:

Is this two different options?

Good catch, those are the same. We'll remove one for the stable release notes.

• Thanks 1

Is there a reason that the maximum delay for notifications seems to be 60 seconds?   I would like to be able to set something like 300 seconds (5 minutes).

Hi all, I believe I am encountering an annoying bug in the 6.12.3,  6.12.4.rc18 and 6.12.4.rc19.

I only have disk shares on my server, and I have one drive which is filled up to 98.8 percent.

I cannot copy anymore and fill up the remaining 1 percent of the drive anymore.

It seems that there is a limit at 99 percent, when I try to copy a file that will exceed this number, it tells me via SMB in windows that there is no more space left on the drive even if this is not true.

Has anyone experienced this ?

Edited by starbetrayer
    On 8/27/2023 at 10:12 AM, starbetrayer said:

Hi all, I believe I am encountering an annoying bug in the 6.12.3,  6.12.4.rc18 and 6.12.4.rc19.

I only have disk shares on my server, and I have one drive which is filled up to 98.8 percent.

It seems that there is a limit at 99 percent, when I try to copy a file that will exceed this number, it tells me via SMB in windows that there is no more space left on the drive even if this is not true.

Would you please provide diagnostics? Also, what is the filesystem on the disk in question?

On 8/27/2023 at 1:22 AM, Mainfrezzer said:

Seems like when Host Access to custom networks is enabled, Unraid doesnt remove old routes/unused routes of ipv6 networks

Can you please provide screenshots showing the issue? Also diagnostics.

On 8/27/2023 at 9:25 AM, itimpi said:

Is there a reason that the maximum delay for notifications seems to be 60 seconds?   I would like to be able to set something like 300 seconds (5 minutes).

We figure if you want them to stay on screen for longer than a minute then you should just disable auto close by setting the value to zero.

12 minutes ago, ljm42 said:

We figure if you want them to stay on screen for longer than a minute then you should just disable auto close by setting the value to zero.

I actually do NOT want them there indefinitely - as I said I was looking for something like 5 minutes.    That means that even if I am working on something else at the same time they will probably be there to give me time to notice them.   I find that if I am concentrating on something else that 1 minute often means they disappear before I get around to reading them.

On 8/27/2023 at 6:12 PM, starbetrayer said:

I cannot reproduce this, are you by any chance using btrfs? Sometimes the filesystem gets fully allocated before all the space is used, there's a trick you can do to avoid that.

Capturar.PNG

Updated, no issues. I changed back to macvlan from ipvlan when I updated to 6.12.3, and added static Macs to all my docker containers again like pre-6.12 times. So far so good, no crashes or indications that it will crash yet.  

• Like 1
    6 hours ago, JorgeB said:

I cannot reproduce this, are you by any chance using btrfs? Sometimes the filesystem gets fully allocated before all the space is used, there's a trick you can do to avoid that.

Capturar.PNG

You guys are wild 🙂

I have notification auto close/life time set to 0 but we still have to acknowledge notifications after closing them? 

Edited by Niklas
    7 hours ago, Niklas said:

I have notification auto close set to 0 but we still have to acknowledge notifications after closing then? 

Next release has automatic acknowledgment when life time is zero.

• Thanks 1
    23 minutes ago, cynikaly said:

any ETA on the stable release of 6.12.4? Will this one be in beta much longer? Thanks

Soon ™  (LimeTech's policy is to release staple releases only when all known issues have been resolved.)

On 8/27/2023 at 12:12 PM, starbetrayer said:

The system on the disks is BTRFS.

I cannot add more files to disk 13 as it is filled up to 99 percent.

Here are the diagnostics.

galatica-diagnostics-20230830-0805.zip

On 8/29/2023 at 6:47 AM, JorgeB said:

Capturar.PNG

Yes it is BTRFS, 142 GB left.

image.thumb.png.4a84e6bd35548accdda67dd1fcbad235.png

image.thumb.png.d71431a7a8d3be6232884b3fc4634d34.png

24 minutes ago, starbetrayer said:

Yes it is BTRFS, 142 GB left.

This is what I suspected and unrelated to this release, please create a new thread in the general support forum with the output of

btrfs fi usage -T /mnt/disk13

So I can confirm and post a trick to get around this btrfs issue.

On 8/28/2023 at 10:41 PM, ljm42 said:

Can you please provide screenshots showing the issue? Also diagnostics.

Im currently unable to test that. Ive been testing the the RC-Candidate on a Telekom DSL line and im no longer physically there and reverted back to a stable version before leaving. (ive static ip assignment on my usual place)

Hope somebody else could test in my place.

to sum up what happend: Due to the Telekom and their unstable connection i got assigned a lot of new ipv6 prefix assignments. dhcpcd worked fine as usual when host access was disabled but, if i enabled host access, it would only add new routes, never delete old ones. The whole network settings pages was filled with ipv6 networks on eth0.

I still have to do this manually to get the log or terminal windows to work in Chrome for Android.

Not removing the line will open the log and terminal windows but they will be blank and freeze the unraid web gui in the background. I have to close and re-open the Unraid tab to be able to use the gui again.

Maybe I could put something in the go file to do the change to the file? Suggestions on how? Thanks!

Edit: with this the terminal works but it's black text on black background. Can't see anything. Log works and I use the black theme. 

Edited by Niklas
    11 hours ago, Mainfrezzer said:

Im currently unable to test that. Ive been testing the the RC-Candidate on a Telekom DSL line and im no longer physically there and reverted back to a stable version before leaving. (ive static ip assignment on my usual place)

Hope somebody else could test in my place.

to sum up what happend: Due to the Telekom and their unstable connection i got assigned a lot of new ipv6 prefix assignments. dhcpcd worked fine as usual when host access was disabled but, if i enabled host access, it would only add new routes, never delete old ones. The whole network settings pages was filled with ipv6 networks on eth0.

So far nobody else has reported anything like this. If you are able to reproduce this in 6.12.4 stable, please create a new thread with as much detail as you can give, perhaps even screenshots, along with diagnostics. Thanks!

6 hours ago, Niklas said:

I still have to do this manually to get the log or terminal windows to work in Chrome for Android.

Not removing the line will open the log och terminal windows but they will be blank and freeze the unraid web gui in the background. I have to close and re-open the tab to be able to use the gui again.

Maybe I could put something in the go file to do the change to the file? Suggestions on how? Thanks!

Edit: with this the terminal works but it's black text on black background. Can't see anything. Log works and I use the black theme. 

It is easy for things to get lost in these release threads. I'd recommend following the guidance from the first post:

This thread is perfect for quick questions or comments, but if you suspect there will be back and forth for your specific issue, please start a new topic. Be sure to include your diagnostics.zip.