• Unraid OS Version 7.0.0-beta.1 available

ljm42

This version of Unraid OS includes significant improvements across all subsystems, while attempting to maintain backward compatibility as much as possible. For this reason, we determined it appropriate to bump the version up to 7.0. Be assured, this is still a free upgrade. Please see the release notes for all the details.

This is BETA software. Please use on test servers only.

This announce post is perfect for quick questions or comments, but if you suspect there will be back and forth for your specific issue, please start a new topic in the Prereleases board. Be sure to include your diagnostics.zip.

Upgrade steps for this release

1. Read the release notes.
    2. As always, prior to upgrading, create a backup of your USB flash device:  "Main/Flash/Flash Device Settings" - click "Flash Backup".
    3. Update all of your plugins. This is critical for the Connect, NVIDIA and Realtek plugins in particular.
    4. If the system is currently running 6.12.0 - 6.12.6, we're going to suggest that you stop the array at this point. If it gets stuck on "Retry unmounting shares", open a web terminal and type:
      umount /var/lib/docker

The array should now stop successfully.

5. If you have a recent release or Unraid Connect installed:
      • Open the dropdown in the top-right of the Unraid webgui and click Check for Update, then press More options and switch to the Next branch. You may be prompted to sign in to access the Next branch. Select the appropriate version and choose "View changelog to Start Update". More details in this blog post
    6. If you don't have the Check for Update option in the upper right corner:
      • Either install the Unraid Connect plugin or upgrade to 6.12.10 first. Then check for updates as described above.
    7. Wait for the update to download and install
    8. If you have any plugins that install 3rd party drivers (NVIDIA, Realtek, etc), wait for the notification that the new version of the driver has been downloaded. 
    9. Reboot

This announce post is perfect for quick questions or comments, but if you suspect there will be back and forth for your specific issue, please start a new topic in the Prereleases board. Be sure to include your diagnostics.zip.

• Like 14

User Feedback

Recommended Comments

Hey folks, if you get a blank screen while updating... open a second tab to the server and refresh it until you get a notification that a reboot is needed, then you can close the original tab and reboot.  Note: If you have 3rd party drivers (like NVIDIA or Realtek) you need to wait for a notification that they have been updated as well. 

We're looking into it.

This is resolved!  

Our infrastructure was adding `?source=OS` to the plg URL and that ended up causing the blank window issue. We removed the querystring and all is well again.

image.png

• Thanks 8
    3 hours ago, ljm42 said:

Hey folks, if you get a blank screen while updating... open a second tab to the server and refresh it until you get a notification that a reboot is needed, then you can close the original tab and reboot.  Note: If you have 3rd party drivers (like NVIDIA or Realtek) you need to wait for a notification that they have been updated as well. 

We're looking into it.

image.png

I got the blankscreen, opened the second tab and rebooted fine.

Edited by starbetrayer

I got the blank screen and watched the syslog when for it was done. In the second tab I got a prompt to reboot as well. After my server wouldn't boot. I had to put the USB into my PC and run make_bootable.bat and then I was able to boot into Unraid 7 just fine. I was coming from 6.13-beta2.

Edited by mackid1993

Where can we get a zip download of the 7 beta 1 release? I want to start with a fresh install on USB but the latest USB creator tool does not list the 'next' release.

31 minutes ago, mikeyosm said:

I want to start with a fresh install on USB but the latest USB creator tool does not list the 'next' release.

You can always create a new flash drive with 6.12.10 then upgrade after first boot.

1 hour ago, JorgeB said:

You can always create a new flash drive with 6.12.10 then upgrade after first boot.

That's one option, otherwise I'd prefer to just deploy from USB because that's how I'm going to be building my next UNRAID server. I want to use the beta as a playground and prefer to start with a clean 7.0 install. Can you share the Zip with me please?

I also received the "blank page" issue when running the update process - opened a second connection, waited for the reboot prompt then rebooted.

Now running 7.0.0-beta.1 on my "test" Server.

Tested removal of traditional unRAID Array and now just running with a (ZFS) Pool.:)

Created backup of 6.12.10

Update to 7.0.0-beta.1

Blank screen of the update

Watching syslog

Fingernails are running low...... 🙂

Rebooted. Everything fine my end. Love the VM stats on the dashboard. Removed my janky USB flash device which was purely for starting the array.

Good work everyone! 

1 hour ago, mikeyosm said:

I want to use the beta as a playground and prefer to start with a clean 7.0 install. Can you share the Zip with me please?

Sorry, I don't have the zip, and updating from a clean 6.12.10 install will result in a clean 7.0.0-beta.1 install

On my side, there is a problem with loading the Docker and Apps tab. Both are taking incredibly long to load (over 5 minutes) or don't load at all.

The popular docker folders plugin is not working either.

Also, clicking the reboot button to restart the server doesn't have an effect.

The only problem I have so far is the following;

When trying to create a snapshot of my Windows 10 VM - I get the following error.

Requested operation is not valid: cannot migrate domain: Migration disabled: vhost-user backend lacks VHOST_USER_PROTOCOL_F_LOG_SHMFD feature.

My Home Assistant and Arch Linux VM's both produce snapshots fine.

6 minutes ago, chrisgtl said:

The only problem I have so far is the following;

When trying to create a snapshot of my Windows 10 VM - I get the following error.

Requested operation is not valid: cannot migrate domain: Migration disabled: vhost-user backend lacks VHOST_USER_PROTOCOL_F_LOG_SHMFD feature.

My Home Assistant and Arch Linux VM's both produce snapshots fine.

Are you

using virtiofsd in Windows VM. Active snapshots is not supported currently if you are by qemu.

13 minutes ago, SimonF said:

Are you

using virtiofsd in Windows VM. Active snapshots is not supported currently if you are by qemu.

Yes, I am using virtiofsd mode. I've just shutdown this VM and tried to change the mode but the dropdown box only shows virtiofsd. 

13 minutes ago, chrisgtl said:

Yes, I am using virtiofsd mode. I've just shutdown this VM and tried to change the mode but the dropdown box only shows virtiofsd. 

Windows only supports virtiofsd. To remove you need to remove path if you are not using in vm

• Thanks 1
    54 minutes ago, gabriel20xx said:

The popular docker folders plugin is not working either.

That has been deprecated for a long time, or do you mean folderview? If you really mean Docker Folders you need to uninstall that, likely what is causing the issues.

20 minutes ago, JorgeB said:

That has been deprecated for a long time, or do you mean folderview? If you really mean Docker Folders you need to uninstall that, likely what is causing the issues.

Yeah i mean the FolderView plugin from scolcipitato.

Its not working for me.

50 minutes ago, SimonF said:

Windows only supports virtiofsd. To remove you need to remove path if you are not using in vm

Done and now can carry out Windows 10 snapshot. Cheers.

18 minutes ago, gabriel20xx said:

Yeah i mean the FolderView plugin from scolcipitato.

Its not working for me.

Post in that plugin support thread, hopefully the maintainer can make it compatible.

1 hour ago, mnglfr said:

I am also using folderview plugin and do not have any issues since updating to beta.

After a server reboot, the issue has been fixed itself.