We're Hiring! Full Stack Developer ×
  • Unraid OS Version 7.0.0-beta.1 available

ljm42

This version of Unraid OS includes significant improvements across all subsystems, while attempting to maintain backward compatibility as much as possible. For this reason, we determined it appropriate to bump the version up to 7.0. Be assured, this is still a free upgrade. Please see the release notes for all the details.

This is BETA software. Please use on test servers only.

This announce post is perfect for quick questions or comments, but if you suspect there will be back and forth for your specific issue, please start a new topic in the Prereleases board. Be sure to include your diagnostics.zip.

Upgrade steps for this release

1. Read the release notes.
    2. As always, prior to upgrading, create a backup of your USB flash device:  "Main/Flash/Flash Device Settings" - click "Flash Backup".
    3. Update all of your plugins. This is critical for the Connect, NVIDIA and Realtek plugins in particular.
    4. If the system is currently running 6.12.0 - 6.12.6, we're going to suggest that you stop the array at this point. If it gets stuck on "Retry unmounting shares", open a web terminal and type:
      umount /var/lib/docker

The array should now stop successfully.

5. If you have a recent release or Unraid Connect installed:
      • Open the dropdown in the top-right of the Unraid webgui and click Check for Update, then press More options and switch to the Next branch. You may be prompted to sign in to access the Next branch. Select the appropriate version and choose "View changelog to Start Update". More details in this blog post
    6. If you don't have the Check for Update option in the upper right corner:
      • Either install the Unraid Connect plugin or upgrade to 6.12.10 first. Then check for updates as described above.
    7. Wait for the update to download and install
    8. If you have any plugins that install 3rd party drivers (NVIDIA, Realtek, etc), wait for the notification that the new version of the driver has been downloaded. 
    9. Reboot

This announce post is perfect for quick questions or comments, but if you suspect there will be back and forth for your specific issue, please start a new topic in the Prereleases board. Be sure to include your diagnostics.zip.

• Like 18
    • Upvote 1

User Feedback

Recommended Comments

On 7/3/2024 at 9:05 AM, pOpYRaid said:

Anyone of you had the "permission denied" issue with samba shares to some android file managers on v6... and now updated to v7?

Is the issue gone?

And now i can disable old legacy samba v1 as described here: 

tested in v7 beta1 and issue still exists!

just updated to this no issue.

Had to remove the already included dynamo file manager plugin.

Looks Better already! Can't wait to try the new VM options, grateful to finally have qemu commands! and the show xml!

Edited by bmartino1

After changing default boot entry in unraid menu from the GUI getting following error on each boot:

"initial menu has no label entries"

Tried reverting to first entry from the web GUI - no luck.

Have to type in "menu" each boot for the unraid boot menu to appear

Contents of /boot/syslinux/syslinux.cfg

default menu.c32 menu title Lime Technology, Inc. prompt 0 timeout 50
    label Unraid OS
      kernel /bzimage append initrd=/bzroot
    label Unraid OS GUI Mode
      menu default
      kernel /bzimage append initrd=/bzroot,/bzroot-gui
    label Unraid OS Safe Mode (no plugins, no GUI)
      kernel /bzimage append initrd=/bzroot unraidsafemode
    label Unraid OS GUI Safe Mode (no plugins)
      kernel /bzimage append initrd=/bzroot,/bzroot-gui unraidsafemode
    label Memtest86+
      kernel /memtest

You seem to have somehow concatenatied entries that should be on separate lines.   You have

Which should be

default menu.c32
    menu title Lime Technology, Inc. 
    prompt 0 
    timeout 50

10 hours ago, itimpi said:

You seem to have somehow concatenatied entries that should be on separate lines.   You have

Which should be

default menu.c32
    menu title Lime Technology, Inc. 
    prompt 0 
    timeout 50

Thanks a lot, itimpi!

I didn't do anything manually, just checked second boot option (wit hGUI) in web GUI, must be a bug.

Will check next time I reboot the server.

36 minutes ago, sharicov said:

Thanks a lot, itimpi!

I didn't do anything manually, just checked second boot option (wit hGUI) in web GUI, must be a bug.

Will check next time I reboot the server.

Could be - I will see if I can reproduce.

If that is the case you might want to check the file syslinux/syslinux.cfg on the flash drive (it is a text file)

EDIT:   Cannot reproduce this

23 minutes ago, itimpi said:

Could be - I will see if I can reproduce.

If that is the case you might want to check the file syslinux/syslinux.cfg on the flash drive (it is a text file)

EDIT:   Cannot reproduce this

The File syslinux.cfg is in the Linux/Unix format in that it only uses a <LF>  rather than a <LF CR> (Windows) or a <CR> (Macintosh) for the line ending sequence.  Editing the file in an Editor that does not recognize which format is being used can result in this sort of situation.  (I believe that many, if not most, Editors today do check the file as it is being loaded and handle things correctly.)

• Like 1
    11 minutes ago, Frank1940 said:

The File syslinux.cfg is in the Linux/Unix format in that it only uses a <LF>  rather than a <LF CR> (Windows) or a <CR> (Macintosh) for the line ending sequence.  Editing the file in an Editor that does not recognize which format is being used can result in this sort of situation.  (I believe that many, if not most, Editors today do check the file as it is being loaded and handle things correctly.)

If you need to view or edit this file then doing it via Dynamix File Manager Now built in) would be the easiest.

• Upvote 1

Another issue, getting 1-7MBps transfering files from NTFS formatted Unassigned Disk to array (usb 2.5 inch) BTRFS formatted with compression. No cache used. Tried switching HW from n5105 to AMD 5800X3D, used different USB disks, didn't help.

Using rsync for transfer. No pairity drives. Same issue with old build 6.12.9 

n5105-diagnostics-20240705-1536.zip

Edited by sharicov
    22 minutes ago, sharicov said:

(usb 2.5 inch)

That'll be an SMR drive, it'll choke on large transfers, even more so with an advanced filesystem like btrfs.

10 hours ago, Kilrah said:

That'll be an SMR drive, it'll choke on large transfers, even more so with an advanced filesystem like btrfs.

Maybe, don't know how to check for sure, but as far  as I remember those disks worked fine in windows.

Any way to check if it's SMR?

2 minutes ago, sharicov said:

Any way to check if it's SMR?

On the HD manufacturer's specs on their website.   I believe it is now an FTC requirement that they specify if it is SMR or CMR.  Be sure that you look at the specs for the EXACT model of your Hard Drive as a drive-name family may have both SMR and CMR drives in it.  If it is an external USB housed drive, identifying the Manufacturer and model number may be difficult as the USB-to-SATA interface may hide this info.  (Plus, External USB Drives are a excellent way for manufacturers to dump excess inventory.)

I am not able to download Diagnostics.  It freezes at ethtool 'eth1' 2> /dev/null|todos >>'/media-diagnostics-20240705-1216/system/ethtool.txt'  and fans speed spins up high. eth1 is not connected or used.  It is set as shutdown (inactive) in Settings. As a note, eth1 can be used for vPro but I'm not using that feature and have it disabled in bios.

I have to hard shutdown machine as nothing is accessible.  With screen and keyboard attached all I can do is type in username, but it doesn't take password.  Cursor just blinks.  Not even Ctrl-Alt_Del works.

Wondering what troubleshooting steps to take?

These are the nics

IOMMU group 14:[8086:125c] 02:00.0 Ethernet controller: Intel Corporation Ethernet Controller I226-V (rev 04)

IOMMU group 15:[8086:125b] 03:00.0 Ethernet controller: Intel Corporation Ethernet Controller I226-LM (rev 04)

Another note-

VPN Manager not showing Data received/ sent, and Last handshake aren't showing.

Data flows through, but speed seems slow compared to 6.12.

This is set up for docker access only.

I deleted tunnel and created a new one from scratch with new keypair and even changed peer endpoint.

No change.

Thanks in advance.

Edited by fwiler

Trying to do a fresh install using only zfs and no array. When trying to create a 12 drive raid-z2 (don't judge me), everything seems fine until I go to start the array and get the format disk prompt. It appears to start the format, then just stops. Has anyone else seen this?

35 minutes ago, fwiler said:

It freezes at ethtool 'eth1'

Please create a new thread in this subforum and attach /boot/config/network*.cfg file(s).

36 minutes ago, fwiler said:

VPN Manager not showing Data received/ sent

This has been reported before, but note that it still works in the dashboard.

On 6/29/2024 at 12:31 PM, itimpi said:

i agree to that statement - but what I meant that there is no easy way to re-engineer the current Unraid GUI to use such a framework.  You really need the system to be engineered from the outset with that in mind. There is also the fact that quite a bit of the GUI ends up being rendered as a result of plugin installation (which are provided by third parties), and changing any of the current assumptions about the GUI would probably break them.   

I also suspect that from a Limetech perspective there is little need in most cases to put the effort into such a re-engineering job.  Since Unraid is designed to run as a server the vast majority of the time it will be administered at the detailed level from a system with better resolution than a mobile can provide.   That is where I can see apps like control/R coming in as they can provide basic view/stop/start capabilities without the need to support the full GUI. 

Agree with you there, this is not a priority for sure. And of course the stuff "under the hood", performance, security matters more. I guess I am getting a bit spoiled by all other tech I use getting more and more shiny and accessible, while unraid is not budging 🙂

25 minutes ago, meunraid said:

anyone having ssl, pip, mktorrent etc issues after installing Unraid 7 grab this install:

https://slackware.uk/slackware/slackware64-current/slackware64/n/openssl11-1.1.1w-x86_64-1.txz

and drop it in /boot/extra and reboot.

It is worth noting the following.

OpenSSL 1.1.1 was released on 11th September 2018, and so it will be considered EOL on 11th September 2023. It will no longer be receiving publicly available security fixes after that date.

If you got your copy of OpenSSL 1.1.1 from your Operating System vendor (e.g. via .rpm or .deb packages) or some other third party then the support periods that you can expect from them may differ to those provided by the OpenSSL Project itself. You should check with your OS vendor/other third party what support for OpenSSL you might expect from them.

If you downloaded your copy of OpenSSL direct from the OpenSSL project then we would strongly encourage you to plan an upgrade to a more recent version before 1.1.1 reaches its EOL date. Our most recent version is OpenSSL 3.1 which will be supported until 14th March 2025. Also available is OpenSSL 3.0 which is an LTS release and will be supported until 7th September 2026. Our migration guide provides some useful information on the issues you should be considering when upgrading

• Like 1

Hi folks,

I am uploading an ISO file (3GB) through the now integrated File Manager, and it looks like the upload speed is displayed incorrectly.

My network bandwidth displays an upload speed of 17 Mbits which, if I'm correct, makes something around 2.1 MBytes. But the File Manager shows 17kBytes 🤔.

Are you guys able to reproduce the same behavior?

image.png.91041e454e98bfb3facc570d2ced5c67.png

7 hours ago, SimonF said:

It is worth noting the following.

OpenSSL 1.1.1 was released on 11th September 2018, and so it will be considered EOL on 11th September 2023. It will no longer be receiving publicly available security fixes after that date.

If you got your copy of OpenSSL 1.1.1 from your Operating System vendor (e.g. via .rpm or .deb packages) or some other third party then the support periods that you can expect from them may differ to those provided by the OpenSSL Project itself. You should check with your OS vendor/other third party what support for OpenSSL you might expect from them.

If you downloaded your copy of OpenSSL direct from the OpenSSL project then we would strongly encourage you to plan an upgrade to a more recent version before 1.1.1 reaches its EOL date. Our most recent version is OpenSSL 3.1 which will be supported until 14th March 2025. Also available is OpenSSL 3.0 which is an LTS release and will be supported until 7th September 2026. Our migration guide provides some useful information on the issues you should be considering when upgrading

Yeah its not ideal using openssl 1.1.1 but until the software is updated to support openssl3 we are stuck :(