• Unraid OS Version 7.0.0-beta.3 available

SpencerJ
    • Minor

Thanks for your feedback! Unraid 7.0.0-beta.3 is now available on the Next branch. Everyone running -beta.2 is encouraged to upgrade

This is BETA software. Please use on test servers only.

This announce post is perfect for quick questions or comments, but if you suspect there will be back and forth for your specific issue, please start a new topic in the Prereleases board. Be sure to include your diagnostics.zip.

Upgrade steps for this release

1. Read the release notes via the Update OS-> Next -> Unraid 7.0.0-beta.3 Changelog.

Screenshot 2024-10-04 at 12.29.56 PM.png

2. As always, prior to upgrading, create a backup of your USB flash device:  "Main/Flash/Flash Device Settings" - click "Flash Backup".

3. Update all of your plugins. This is critical for the Connect, NVIDIA and Realtek plugins in particular.

4. If the system is currently running 6.12.0 - 6.12.6, we're going to suggest that you stop the array at this point. If it gets stuck on "Retry unmounting shares", open a web terminal and type:

umount /var/lib/docker

The array should now stop successfully.

5. If you have a recent release or Unraid Connect installed:

Open the dropdown in the top-right of the Unraid webgui and click Check for Update, then press More options and switch to the Next branch. You may be prompted to sign in to access the Next branch. Select the appropriate version and choose "View changelog to Start Update". More details in this blog post

6. If you don't have the Check for Update option in the upper right corner:

Either install the Unraid Connect plugin or upgrade to 6.12.10 first. Then check for updates as described above.

7. Wait for the update to download and install

8. If you have any plugins that install 3rd party drivers (NVIDIA, Realtek, etc), wait for the notification that the new version of the driver has been downloaded. 

9. Reboot

This announce post is perfect for quick questions or comments, but if you suspect there will be back and forth for your specific issue, please start a new topic in the Prereleases board. Be sure to include your diagnostics.zip.

• Like 9
    • Upvote 2

User Feedback

Recommended Comments

Disregard my previous improvement wishes as already fulfilled (release is available in USB creator). Thanks for the hard work to everyone involved. 🙂 

• Like 2

update succesful

One annoying warning:

"Oct 4 15:37:20 Galatica root: WARNING: the new size 0 (0.00B) is < 256MiB, this may be rejected by kernel"

Once updated, I noticed all my dockers were set to not start at system boot "autostart".

I take that back, last night my docker image got corrupted & had to reinstall all my dockers & it was my fault that I forgot to set autostart... the update was FLAWLESS :)

Edited by PSYCHOPATHiO
    • Like 1
    1 hour ago, PSYCHOPATHiO said:

Once updated, I noticed all my dockers were set to not start at system boot "autostart".

Seems to have worked here on my Apps system. But I notice that I have to open the window much wider than with beta2 to get the 4th container to show up in this folder view (third-party plugin) - this can be seen in Misc. and Downloaders folders, each of which should be showing their 4th containers on the right side.

image.png

UPDATE:

beta3 successfully installed on 4 systems without issue. All plugins, containers and VMs started as expected after the reboot.

Edited by Espressomatic

Is the system Share back for the Docker Path? Say the Documentation from Release Notes? /mnt/Docker was the new Default Path in 6.x with the ZFS availability.

Hi there.

On my End Virtual Machine Usage stopped working with 7.0.0-beta.3
    grafik.png.1f4a63df9296aa2151e76f79387c6e84.png
    *Update: Okay after 10minutes the results appeared.

Edited by Stogie

Dashboard pools are no longer show disk information, have opened in incognito to confirm not a local caching issue.
    I can see disks in pool device status (btrfs pools).

image.png.f16b23d0bb30c29c4859cb3e2f7b8c67.png

EDIT: came good some time later
    image.png.5b63ba71426a8bd663a2457ae8f0b76e.png

Edited by tjb_altf4

In my opinion beta 3 hast a lot better performance.
    My Home-Assistant speech feedback is a lot faster now.

• Like 1

Am having major problems with VMs.

First I ran into the previous issue I had whereby the system would not boot until I removed my VFIO bindings and manually created them.

Then after fixing these my VM would not start with a virtiofsd error (picture attached). After removing virtiofs from the config the VM will now start but I get no display in the VM at all - like it gets stuck.

Unraid Error.png

Updated to Beta 3 without issues so far, all plugins, dockers work. Haven't tried VM's yet. Up-time so far 1 hour.

• Like 1

Have managed to get my VM started again. I think something in the UI is screwing up the XML but I don't have time to experiment for now.

Updated to Beta 3 from 6.12.13

Could not start array due to "Invalid Configuration" error with a BTRFS mirror pool containing appdata and system folders. I was unable to resolve this and rolled back successfully. 

1 hour ago, thatja said:

When I try to run terminal, it opens for a few seconds then closes. Any fix for this?

Do you have any custom shell packages installed (e.g. in /boot/extra or as plugin): ZSH, Fish... ?

2 hours ago, rabidfibersquirrel said:

Updated to Beta 3 from 6.12.13

Could not start array due to "Invalid Configuration" error with a BTRFS mirror pool containing appdata and system folders. I was unable to resolve this and rolled back successfully. 

I had this same thing happen.  

3 hours ago, rabidfibersquirrel said:

Please create a new bug report after updating and post the diagnostics.

8 hours ago, Revan335 said:

Is the system Share back for the Docker Path? Say the Documentation from Release Notes? /mnt/Docker was the new Default Path in 6.x with the ZFS availability.

Not sure if this is what you are asking, but for a new install, the docker directory defaults to /mnt/user/system/docker/

5 hours ago, ross232 said:

Have managed to get my VM started again. I think something in the UI is screwing up the XML but I don't have time to experiment for now.

Libvirt has changed smething and the virtiofsd preprocessor was expecting --FD to be passed I have raised a PR to fix.

https://github.com/unraid/webgui/pull/1878

You can run the following to fix preprocessor.

sed -i 's/$options\[\] = "--fd=".$argoptions\['"'"'fd'"'"'\];/if (isset($argoptions\['"'"'fd'"'"'\])) {\n    $options[] = "--fd=".$argoptions\['"'"'fd'"'"'\];\n}/' /usr/local/emhttp/plugins/dynamix.vm.manager/scripts/virtiofsd.php 

This would need to be rerun post host reboot until fix is added.

• Thanks 1
    1 hour ago, JorgeB said:

Not sure if this is what you are asking, but for a new install, the docker directory defaults to /mnt/user/system/docker/

I mean this, sorry the Path was /mnt/user/docker

Or in the Release Thread: