Jump to content
  • Disks missing after upgrading to 6.7.0


    40foot
    • Urgent

    I had to revert to 6.6.7, both my WDC_WD40EFRX were not detected after upgrading, only Toshiba was found, so only 1 out of 3 disks (SSD cache was found too). The file included is after reverting - for analyzing, do I have to upgrade once more, and make the diagnostics under 6.7 again? Can this lead to more severe troubles? Or are there any log-files to be found, where those upgrade errors were written to? Ah, I feel not good about it, please help.

    durosrv-diagnostics-20190513-0050.zip



    User Feedback

    Recommended Comments

    There are known kernel/driver issues with some but not all Marvell SATA controllers.

    @40foot

    01:00.0 SATA controller [0106]: Marvell Technology Group Ltd. 88SE9230 PCIe SATA 6Gb/s Controller [1b4b:9230] (rev 11)

    @Kevlar75

    02:00.0 SATA controller [0106]: Marvell Technology Group Ltd. 88SE9230 PCIe SATA 6Gb/s Controller [1b4b:9230] (rev 11)

    See this answer under the Unraid 6.7 announcement topic for a possible workaround

     

    Share this comment


    Link to comment
    Share on other sites

    For those with drives dropping off Marvell controllers, please add this kernel parameter to your current syslinux boot selection on the append line, eg, from:

    append initrd=/bzroot

    to

    append initrd=/bzroot scsi_mod.use_blk_mq=1

    Let me know is this make the problem better or worse, or no change.  thx

    Share this comment


    Link to comment
    Share on other sites

    This didn't help, but turning off IOMMU in BIOS did the trick... 6.7 now booted with the array up, both VMs running, all Dockers running. Looks good so far. Damn, this gave me thoughts...

    Share this comment


    Link to comment
    Share on other sites

    No change for me.

     

    I've disabled IOMMU until I can get another card. I can test if you come up with another idea.

    Share this comment


    Link to comment
    Share on other sites
    8 hours ago, limetech said:

    For those with drives dropping off Marvell controllers, please add this kernel parameter to your current syslinux boot selection on the append line, eg, from:

    
    append initrd=/bzroot

    to

    
    append initrd=/bzroot scsi_mod.use_blk_mq=1

    Let me know is this make the problem better or worse, or no change.  thx

    No change for me. I amended my syslinux.cfg file under 6.6.7 and rebooted... all good. I then updated to 6.7 and I still have disk 4 and 5 showing as missing. So no change. 

     

    tower-diagnostics-20190514-0226.zip

    Share this comment


    Link to comment
    Share on other sites

    Ok forget about the scsi_mod.use_blk_mq parameter, instead try this kernel parameter instead:

    For Intel-based:

    iommu=pt

    For AMD-based:

    amd_iommu=pt

     

    Share this comment


    Link to comment
    Share on other sites
    2 hours ago, limetech said:

    Ok forget about the scsi_mod.use_blk_mq parameter, instead try this kernel parameter instead:

    For Intel-based:

    
    iommu=pt

    For AMD-based:

    
    amd_iommu=pt

     

    You Legend!!!

     

    This solves my "Marvell" problem. 6.7 updates perfectly!  For info, I wasn't using any of the marvell based ports on my motherboard however, my PCI card ended up having a marvell controller on it as well. I've ordered a Dell H310 6Gbps SAS HBA  card from eBay which should solve any future problems.  

     

    Thanks so much for your help on this.

     

    Regards,

     

    Kev

    tower-diagnostics-20190514-0612.zip

    Share this comment


    Link to comment
    Share on other sites
    On 5/13/2019 at 1:43 AM, bonienl said:

    There are known kernel/driver issues with some but not all Marvell SATA controllers.

    @40foot

    
    01:00.0 SATA controller [0106]: Marvell Technology Group Ltd. 88SE9230 PCIe SATA 6Gb/s Controller [1b4b:9230] (rev 11)

    @Kevlar75

    
    02:00.0 SATA controller [0106]: Marvell Technology Group Ltd. 88SE9230 PCIe SATA 6Gb/s Controller [1b4b:9230] (rev 11)

    See this answer under the Unraid 6.7 announcement topic for a possible workaround

     

    this one worked for me...

    Share this comment


    Link to comment
    Share on other sites
    2 hours ago, Target-Bravo said:

    I am having the same issue with missing drives on one of my unraid towers,

    This seems to be working for most.

    Share this comment


    Link to comment
    Share on other sites


    Join the conversation

    You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
    Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

    Guest
    Add a comment...

    ×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

      Only 75 emoji are allowed.

    ×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

    ×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

    ×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


  • Status Definitions

     

    Open = Under consideration.

     

    Solved = The issue has been resolved.

     

    Solved version = The issue has been resolved in the indicated release version.

     

    Closed = Feedback or opinion better posted on our forum for discussion. Also for reports we cannot reproduce or need more information. In this case just add a comment and we will review it again.

     

    Retest = Please retest in latest release.


    Priority Definitions

     

    Minor = Something not working correctly.

     

    Urgent = Server crash, data loss, or other showstopper.

     

    Annoyance = Doesn't affect functionality but should be fixed.

     

    Other = Announcement or other non-issue.