We're Hiring! Full Stack Developer ×

Cache and User Share Issue

Sirkyle

When booting up the server I start with no issues, able to mount all disks, no errors.  However all my user shares have disappeared.  Stopping the Array, and then starting the array, will enable my user shares however the cache drive returns as No File format.  Ive tried swapping cables and sata ports, but no luck.  Any suggestions? 

running 6.8.3

tower-diagnostics-20210204-0837.zip

Edited by Sirkyle
Zip diagnostics

Cache device dropped offline:

Feb  4 08:35:37 Tower kernel: ata9: hard resetting link
Feb  4 08:35:37 Tower kernel: ata9.00: both IDENTIFYs aborted, assuming NODEV
Feb  4 08:35:37 Tower kernel: ata9.00: revalidation failed (errno=-2)
Feb  4 08:35:37 Tower kernel: ata9.00: disabled
Feb  4 08:35:37 Tower kernel: ata9: EH complete

Before that there were some media errors so, possibly a failing device, but since it dropped there's no SMART, power cycle the server and run an extended SMART test.

17 minutes ago, Sirkyle said:

Went ahead and tried to run the repair on telnet.  Phase 1 said bad primary superblock, unable to verify secondary and just kept going and going and going.  Fresh diagnostics here

tower-diagnostics-20210207-1712.zip 175.67 kB · 0 downloads

Exactly what was the command you used?    Did you remember to include the partition number (e.g. something like /dev/sdX1) if using that form of device name.

Array started alright. Ill have to locate the lost and found folder and see. 

Now for future do I need to run any tests to check out the controllers? Think its still failing?  I use 2 AOC-SAS2LP-MV8 cards and the rest are wired directly to the MB.  I have a Supermicro X10SAE. Any suggestions?

6 hours ago, Rao Shaheryar said:

In computing, a cache is a high-speed data storage layer which stores a subset of data, typically transient in nature, so that future requests for that data are served up faster than is possible by accessing the data's primary storage location. Cache sharing allows each cache to share its contents with the other caches and avoid duplicate caching. It is common for a point of presence on the web to have more traffic than a single server can handle. Cache sharing solves these problems by allowing each cache to share its contents with the other caches, Thank You!!

https://aws.amazon.com/caching/

Why are you cutting and pasting irrelevant content here? Unraid cache pools don't work like this.

On 2/8/2021 at 9:32 AM, Squid said:

Marvel based cards aren't particularly recommended due to various issues that seem endemic to them.  LSI based are the ones to use.

Im almost positive you've told me this before.  Any suggestions on best card solutions? or things to steer away from?