INTEL 11TH GEN IGPU SUPPORT FOR UNRAID? I5-11500


13 posts in this topic Last Reply

Recommended Posts

The GPU in the 11th series CPUs is new. It is quite probable that the driver is not included in the Linux kernel used by the last Unraid version.

 

Maybe for 6.9.2 ?

Link to post
5 hours ago, dazzathewiz said:

Have an i7-11700 and same issue. It doesn't look like it's updated in the Kernel for support yet. Just have to wait - I have tried 6.9.2 and still not updated.

Have a look at this thread.

 

You need to add options for the i915 driver.

 

Link to post
2 hours ago, SimonF said:

Have a look at this thread.

 

You need to add options for the i915 driver.

 

Oh awesome, thanks! Can confirm adding 

options i915 force_probe=4c8a

to /boot/config/modprobe.d/i915.conf worked a treat and I now have the /dev/dri device

 

1610038738_ScreenShot2021-04-09at8_20_34pm.thumb.png.1249f7f3c10c55f8d770022f989d6fd6.png

 

Link to post
  • 3 weeks later...
On 4/9/2021 at 6:21 AM, dazzathewiz said:

Oh awesome, thanks! Can confirm adding 

options i915 force_probe=4c8a

to /boot/config/modprobe.d/i915.conf worked a treat and I now have the /dev/dri device

 

1610038738_ScreenShot2021-04-09at8_20_34pm.thumb.png.1249f7f3c10c55f8d770022f989d6fd6.png

 

 

Hey, going to pull the trigger on an 11th Gen soon. Just wanted to confirm that you were able to get the iGPU working? Ill be using it for Plex server most likely.

 

Thanks!

Link to post
  • 2 weeks later...
Posted (edited)
On 4/25/2021 at 1:07 PM, Ziggfreed said:

 

Hey, going to pull the trigger on an 11th Gen soon. Just wanted to confirm that you were able to get the iGPU working? Ill be using it for Plex server most likely.

 

Thanks!

My understanding is, that it works but HDR to SDR tone mapping don't... 

Edited by arturovf
spelling
Link to post
  • 2 weeks later...

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.