New unMENU packages for SABnzbd, Sick Beard and Couch Potato

... when I try 192.168.1.50:8082 nothing appear
I'm not sure if you had a typo or not but I believe the default IP address is 192.168.1.150 NOT 192.168.1.50

But when I restart the unraid server, sabnzb is not working anymore. Even with the 'Will be automatically Re-Installed upon Re-Boot.' option.
This is normal. You need to use the Start Sabnzbd button on the User Scripts page of unMenu every time after you reboot to start sabnzbd but you do not have to complete the entire install procedure again because you have enabled it to be reinstalled upon reboot.

Assuming he's using Bagpuss' conf file (the one a couple of pages prior), sabnzbd should start on reboot, no?

This is in his conf file at the very end:

# start sabnzbd
PACKAGE_INSTALLATION /etc/rc.d/unraid.d/rc.unraid_sabnzbd start

• Replies 221
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I will be looking through these unMenu packages when I get a chance.  I just started messing around with nzb's and the like on my non-unRAID machine to get a feeling for it.  So far I am liking it, and I want to move it onto my unRAID machine... so that means I want to create/improve the install packages that already exist.

Have some other packages to fix/update before I get to these, but should be working on these fairly soon.  I have to get familiar with what all SAB,SickBeard, and Couchpotato do on install but should have something ready in a month or so.

... when I try 192.168.1.50:8082 nothing appear
I'm not sure if you had a typo or not but I believe the default IP address is 192.168.1.150 NOT 192.168.1.50

But when I restart the unraid server, sabnzb is not working anymore. Even with the 'Will be automatically Re-Installed upon Re-Boot.' option.
This is normal. You need to use the Start Sabnzbd button on the User Scripts page of unMenu every time after you reboot to start sabnzbd but you do not have to complete the entire install procedure again because you have enabled it to be reinstalled upon reboot.

Assuming he's using Bagpuss' conf file (the one a couple of pages prior), sabnzbd should start on reboot, no?

According to his post he's using the package from the first page so I would not expect it to start on reboot. 

I put the .conf in the first page in the package directory of my flash drive, install sabnzbd via the Pkg Manager.

There are so many packages attached to this thread that it is getting hard to follow what is going on.

Hi,

I've try the Bagpuss .conf file, and that's the same, even if I push the start sabnzbd button on the user script page, I still can't connect to it... I have to telnet and launch it manually.

Guess I will wait after a "stable" release, I don't want to mess with my unraid for the moment ;)

thanks all for your answer.

sickbeard package doesn't work looks like the git was updated and it thinks its corrupt because it doesn't match the MD5. can someone fix it please

oh and for some reason i can't get the damn autoProcessTV to work in sabnzbd i tried just the folder name and absolute path but it still wont show the script under categories and ideas?

Hi,

I've try the Bagpuss .conf file, and that's the same, even if I push the start sabnzbd button on the user script page, I still can't connect to it... I have to telnet and launch it manually.

Guess I will wait after a "stable" release, I don't want to mess with my unraid for the moment ;)

thanks all for your answer.

Well one thing for sure, Bagpuss' .conf file works but doesn't always start sabnzbd on reboot for some reason despite "rc.unraid_sabnzbd start" in the package file.

EDIT: or perhaps the unMENU call to run the auto_install files is the culprit due to the borked xargs binary in:

cd /boot/packages && find . -name '*.auto_install' -type f -print | sort | xargs -n1 sh -c

Running xargs in the command line yields this pleasantry in 4.7:

xargs: xargs.c:445: main: Assertion `bc_ctl.arg_max <= (131072-2048)' failed.

Aborted

EDIT2: I do see this in my sabnzbd on bootup so I guess it's an IP thing

Traceback (most recent call last):

File "/mnt/disk/downloads/opt/unRAID/sabnzbd/cherrypy/process/wspbus.py", line 147, in publish

output.append(listener(*args, **kwargs))

File "/mnt/disk/downloads/opt/unRAID/sabnzbd/cherrypy/_cpserver.py", line 90, in start

ServerAdapter.start(self)

File "/mnt/disk/downloads/opt/unRAID/sabnzbd/cherrypy/process/servers.py", line 62, in start

self.wait()

File "/mnt/disk/downloads/opt/unRAID/sabnzbd/cherrypy/process/servers.py", line 97, in wait

raise self.interrupt

error: [Errno 99] Cannot assign requested address

Will try 0.0.0.0 in install-host instead of ip

Why do I say almost? Because Sick Beard and Couch Potato are hosted on GitHub which only allows downloads over HTTPS, which the unMENU package downloader doesn't understand (yet).

Mr. Machine:

Do these links not work for you? They would resolve your issue as they are not https but http...

http://github.com/midgetspy/Sick-Beard/tarball/master

http://github.com/RuudBurger/CouchPotato/tarball/master

~dpc

Was getting certificate error msg.  What you might want to do instead is:

wget --no-check-certificate http://github.com/midgetspy/Sick-Beard/tarball/master

Spent all night working on this, looks promising but so far every component is broken for me. 

SAB doesn't start automatically. 

The Start SABnzbd user script doesn't work.  The stop SABnzbd user script does work though.  For now I am starting by using SABnzbd.py -d.

The Plush (default) user interface does not show my queue after a restart of sab unless it is the first start after reboot.  That is just odd.

Sickbeard and CouchPotato just don't install.

Looks like progress is being made on all fronts so I'll check back in this thread later, just wanted to post up my experiences. 

whats with the new permissions in 5.0? sickbeard made a new tv show folder and i cant access this folder from shares ? before in 4.7 i didn't have any of these problems

You are not running sickbeard as "nobody", therefore the files it creates are no longer visible to SAMBE which is now running with more correct permissions.  The older versions of unRAID had almost NO security for files and permissions.  The side effect of fixing that is now you need to run programs with the correct user-id and have the file-creation modes correct when they create files on their own.

You are not alone on this, do a bit of searching any you'll find others who are working on/solved this same issue.

Joe L.

whats with the new permissions in 5.0? sickbeard made a new tv show folder and i cant access this folder from shares ? before in 4.7 i didn't have any of these problems

You are not running sickbeard as "nobody", therefore the files it creates are no longer visible to SAMBE which is now running with more correct permissions.   The older versions of unRAID had almost NO security for files and permissions.  The side effect of fixing that is now you need to run programs with the correct user-id and have the file-creation modes correct when they create files on their own.

You are not alone on this, do a bit of searching any you'll find others who are working on/solved this same issue.

Joe L.

what i did was login with root and started up sickbeard? how do i start it up with nobody?

Hi, wonder if anybody could help me with this please.

I get:

SABnzbd is already installed in /mnt/cache/.Downloads/sabnzbd

Created init script, /etc/rc.d/unraid.d/rc.unraid_sabnzbd

Created unmenu start script, /boot/unmenu/42-unmenu_user_script_start_sabnzbd

Created unmenu start script, /boot/unmenu/42-unmenu_user_script_stop_sabnzbd

awk: cmd. line:1: fatal: cannot open file `sabnzbd.ini' for reading (No such file or directory)

mkdir: cannot create directory `': No such file or directory

chown: cannot access `': No such file or directory

SABnzbd started.

when I try to installed sabnzbd.

and of course when I go to start it in user scripts it never starts.

Started looking into these packages and will hopefully get something updated for them all by then end of the week.  Next couple weeks are busy for me (bachelor party for a friend, then the wedding, then helping him move) so I can't guaranty that I will get these out "in a timely fashion." Since there are .conf files already created I have something to go from (thank you mrmachine) and can update and improve on them instead of creating from scratch.

Anyway,  I am looking to get the update the packages attached the first post updated and changed so that they work on 4.7 and the 5.0bX series.  I will be testing on 4.7 and 5.0b6a.

I should be able to:

• update to the multi-core par2cmdline package
  • get this running as root on 4.7 and nobody on 5.0bX

I will probably break out some of the needed files into there own packages.  It looks like all of these installs require the same packages so I will create .conf files for all of those, instead of having them as PACKAGE_URL_EXTRA for each .conf file.  The way it is done is not wrong, just not quite the way I would do it if there are multiple .conf files that have the same dependencies.

does couchpotato still keep the install drive from spinning down? any way around that? I have sabnzbd and sickbeard installed checking every few hours (TBH daily would be enough) but haven't yet installed couchpotato because of this.

I can't answer that quite yet.  Have not gotten to the point of installing the apps.

Want to give a quick update:

I have broken the sabnzbd package into a couple different packages itself (python, python-cheetah, etc.) so that it is more modular.  I do it this way for a couple of reasons, but I will not get into it here.

I have created a slackware install package (.tgz file) of the multi-core par2cmdline from the churchsoft site.  I just have to figure out a place to upload it to.

I have about half the package modified and changed.  The main thing left for me to do is mess with the start and stop buttons and scripts so that the sabnzbd process starts and stops cleanly.

Do you think this package will work on the 5.0 Betas?  I have been thinking about trying the beta so I could try out plex as well.  I originally installed SAB,SB,CP manually and it woudl be nice to use a package the next go around.  Not to mention the unmenu intergration for shuting down everything.

Thanks,

Do you think this package will work on the 5.0 Betas?  I have been thinking about trying the beta so I could try out plex as well.  I originally installed SAB,SB,CP manually and it woudl be nice to use a package the next go around.  Not to mention the unmenu intergration for shuting down everything.

Thanks,

If you go back a few pages you will see that I will be getting this to work on 5.0bX stuff and the current "official" 4.7 release.  There are a few differences on how sabnzb along with the others needs to be started so that it works properly on both platforms.  I will be figuring that all out during this process.

EDIT AND UPDATE:

I have reproduced the steps to get an install of SABnzbd up and running on 5.0b6a.  I will be modifying the rest of the SABnzbd package so that a complete install works with hopefully no issues.

Since installing, when I reboot the array no longer starts automatically like it did before. I have ensured the setting is still enabled.

These three programs are installed on my cache drive and it appears that the script to start them is creating /mnt/cache before the array has a chance to start... but I'm not sure.  Once I realize this has happened, starting the array fixes everything but I'm not sure what is causing the problem. Does anyone have any insight into this?

Since installing, when I reboot the array no longer starts automatically like it did before. I have ensured the setting is still enabled.

These three programs are installed on my cache drive and it appears that the script to start them is creating /mnt/cache before the array has a chance to start... but I'm not sure.  Once I realize this has happened, starting the array fixes everything but I'm not sure what is causing the problem. Does anyone have any insight into this?

What is causing the problem is most likely that the programs are coming online before the array can fully come online.

I should be able to delay the start of the applications long enough so that an array that has been shut down cleanly will start up properly.

does couchpotato still keep the install drive from spinning down? any way around that? I have sabnzbd and sickbeard installed checking every few hours (TBH daily would be enough) but haven't yet installed couchpotato because of this.

I think you can work-around the problem with Couch Potato not being able to change the log directory by mounting a tmpfs (in-memory file system) at the logs directory. Couch Potato will still scan the watched directory though, looking for newly downloaded movies.

UPDATE:

I have a lot of the packages and .conf files updated.  I have not been able to do any testing as I am busy with my sisters wedding stuff.

Might be able to start testing a little this weekend, and then hopefully have something up for everyone to test by this time next week.