Why is ASPM disabled in Unraid, while it's enabled in Ubuntu?

• 2 months later...

Any new about that?

I had a Intel 12th CPU (N100) and still stuck in C3.  Try every Bios power and thermal combinations.. 

Just one time they enter in c6 State, for o little time

its a mini pc, all onboard.

00.1d.0 > Intel wi-fi bluetotth (no option to disalbe in BIOS)
02.00.0 > May a NVME card, but do not find any option in BIOS the change IT. May upgrade de firmware?

image.thumb.png.002821ce3fcaddd3ff9e86832ba8e702.png

No news, we still use the same procedure to work around the broken or to defensive device initialization in unraid:

1. Boot from Ubuntu Live
  2. Check if your hardware supports ASPM on Ubuntu
  3. check if you get the expected power savings in ubuntu
  4. If you confirmed that your hardware supports it and if it actually saves power, then it is safe enough to use the hack to flip the according ASPM flag directly in the pci registers. https://wireless.wiki.kernel.org/en/users/documentation/aspm#enabling_aspm_with_setpci

I did add the hack in /boot/config/go and after the hack I do run powertop --auto-tune in there.

But only very few people are effected by the bug, most peoples don't have this issue. If you can not get it working in Ubuntu, then you are not effected by this topic and need to find a solution in a new topic instead of using this "Why is ASPM disabled in Unraid, while it's enabled in Ubuntu" topic for your question.

Edited by Falcosc
  • 1 month later...

Hi guys I'm havig similair issues as described above. Running an i3-8100 on Fujitsu D3643-H motherboard with Unraid 6.11.5. Currently stuck at C3 while in Ubuntu I can get to C10. Ran the lsci command (Thanks mgutt!) and believe the Intel corperation 6th-10th Gen Core Processor PCIE controller is the culprit. 1168465412_Screenshot2023-04-21103507.thumb.png.8088f9ff7b6c4d26fa09abd41d8087e8.png

I'm willing to try the hack described above but get stuck on reading the bytes. I got the following output:

749339227_Screenshot2023-04-21104118.png.0e9783d4b2ebabc68b0a8e4a9b4bf725.png

Following the algorithm I get the following: 0x88>0x0d>0x80>0x81>0x90>0x95>0xa0>0x10. So then 0xa0 + 0x10 = 0xb0 (?) whici is 0x00? To me this doesn't seem right as I thought that it should read 0x4*. Any insight on how to proceed?

I don't check mine, but I downloaded the script from the article author via internet archive and placed my endpoint and root device id in there. Just search the dead link to the script on internet archive.

I put it in /boot/config/go and after the hack I do run powertop --auto-tune in there.

Edited by Falcosc

I see that is a whole lot easier. Just to verify my endpoint and root device are the same: "00:01.0"?

1313952687_Screenshot2023-04-21103507.thumb.png.27ddc482d446d569b9a0a297c9435832.png

1709447743_Screenshot2023-04-21124040.png.01ba4d21266204033c3d2b522915ac8b.png

So then in the script I only change the unblocked ROOT_COMPLEX and ENDPOINT to 00:01.0?

1896062654_Screenshot2023-04-21130020.png.2b9dfbac9b5740a49feadd38c0e83cfc.png

Thanks for the help. Never done this before so just checking if I'm doing everything right

Edited by Prohibidado
Edited the screenshot typed an 1 instead of 0

No, endpoint is the device actually connected.
So check all endpoints connected to it, one of them is causing the root endpoint to be forced to be disabled.

Compare the Ubuntu output with the unraid output and you will find the differences.

That's why I didn't share the link, you would found the differences between devices and root complexes while reading https://wireless.wiki.kernel.org/en/users/documentation/aspm#enabling_aspm_with_setpci, and you would found the dead link to the script. I will remove the link so that only people who found the dead link in that documentation will search it on internet archive by them self.

I hope the script did prevent you to write stuff in the wrong registers, since endpoints looks different to root complexes.

Edited by Falcosc

I read the article the first time but didn't think of using the internet archive in order to get the script. But anyways I did not make any changes yet as all this endpoint stuff is new to me. Will try to read up on it and hopefully figure it out as 50% idle power change is quite significant with current energy prices.

I did use lspci -vvvnnPPDq to compare the aspm state between unraid and ubuntu. This will contain the root address for any endpoint.

If you just configure aspm as it was on Ubuntu with the script it should be saver then trying things which did not get enabled on Ubuntu.

On my system, it was the ethernet controller and the NVMe SSD. If I changed the NVMe SSD from chipset to CPU by pluging it into the x16 slot, it got aspm, but the ethernet controller couldn't but changed or deactivated, so I used the hack for my ethernet controller endpoint and the according chipset root because ubuntu did enable it for them by default.

If I plug my NVMe SSD in one of the x4 slots I needed to run the hack for ethernet and nvme.

So maybe you didn't see which endpoint is forcing your root complex into the non-power saving mode.

I ended up disabling all the PCI express ports in the bios as I don't use them. This removed the disabled ASPM device from lspci and currently reaching C8 whici results in an average idle power draw of 7W. Might have to dig further in order to reach C10 but for now I'm happy with the idle power draw.

• Like 1
  • 5 months later...

Has anyone tried aspm=force 

https://wireless.wiki.kernel.org/en/users/Documentation/ASPM

Also why are the default power save functions not set?

grep ASPM 
/usr/src/linux-5.10.28-Unraid/.config 
CONFIG_PCIEASPM=y 
CONFIG_PCIEASPM_DEFAULT=y 
# CONFIG_PCIEASPM_POWERSAVE is not set 
# CONFIG_PCIEASPM_POWER_SUPERSAVE is not set 
# CONFIG_PCIEASPM_PERFORMANCE is not set

Edited by dopeytree
  • 3 months later...

I am not able to go below Package C3 as well but all ASPM L1 are enabled...

Any idea what i did wrong?? @mgutt

root@EDITH:~# sudo lspci -vvv
00:00.0 Host bridge: Intel Corporation Device 4c53 (rev 01)
        Subsystem: ASRock Incorporation Device 4c53
        Control: I/O- Mem+ BusMaster+ SpecCycle- MemWINV- VGASnoop- ParErr- Stepping- SERR- FastB2B- DisINTx-
        Status: Cap+ 66MHz- UDF- FastB2B+ ParErr- DEVSEL=fast >TAbort- <TAbort- <MAbort- >SERR- <PERR- INTx-
        Latency: 0
        IOMMU group: 1
        Expansion ROM at <ignored>
        Kernel driver in use: icl_uncore

00:01.0 PCI bridge: Intel Corporation Device 4c01 (rev 01) (prog-if 00 [Normal decode])
        Subsystem: ASRock Incorporation Device 4c01
        Control: I/O+ Mem+ BusMaster+ SpecCycle- MemWINV- VGASnoop- ParErr- Stepping- SERR- FastB2B- DisINTx+
        Status: Cap+ 66MHz- UDF- FastB2B- ParErr- DEVSEL=fast >TAbort- <TAbort- <MAbort- >SERR- <PERR- INTx-
        Latency: 0, Cache Line Size: 64 bytes
        Interrupt: pin A routed to IRQ 122
        IOMMU group: 2
        Bus: primary=00, secondary=01, subordinate=01, sec-latency=0
        I/O behind bridge: 3000-3fff [size=4K] [16-bit]
        Memory behind bridge: 71000000-720fffff [size=17M] [32-bit]
        Prefetchable memory behind bridge: 6000000000-6401ffffff [size=16416M] [32-bit]
        Secondary status: 66MHz- FastB2B- ParErr- DEVSEL=fast >TAbort- <TAbort- <MAbort+ <SERR- <PERR-
        BridgeCtl: Parity- SERR+ NoISA- VGA- VGA16+ MAbort- >Reset- FastB2B-
                PriDiscTmr- SecDiscTmr- DiscTmrStat- DiscTmrSERREn-
        Capabilities: [40] Express (v2) Root Port (Slot+), MSI 00
                DevCap: MaxPayload 256 bytes, PhantFunc 0
                        ExtTag- RBE+
                DevCtl: CorrErr- NonFatalErr- FatalErr- UnsupReq-
                        RlxdOrd- ExtTag- PhantFunc- AuxPwr- NoSnoop-
                        MaxPayload 256 bytes, MaxReadReq 128 bytes
                DevSta: CorrErr- NonFatalErr- FatalErr- UnsupReq- AuxPwr+ TransPend-
                LnkCap: Port #2, Speed 16GT/s, Width x16, ASPM L1, Exit Latency L1 <16us
                        ClockPM- Surprise- LLActRep+ BwNot+ ASPMOptComp+
                LnkCtl: ASPM L1 Enabled; RCB 64 bytes, Disabled- CommClk+
                        ExtSynch- ClockPM- AutWidDis- BWInt- AutBWInt-
                LnkSta: Speed 2.5GT/s, Width x16
                        TrErr- Train- SlotClk+ DLActive+ BWMgmt+ ABWMgmt+
                SltCap: AttnBtn- PwrCtrl- MRL- AttnInd- PwrInd- HotPlug- Surprise-
                        Slot #1, PowerLimit 75W; Interlock- NoCompl+
                SltCtl: Enable: AttnBtn- PwrFlt- MRL- PresDet- CmdCplt- HPIrq- LinkChg-
                        Control: AttnInd Unknown, PwrInd Unknown, Power- Interlock-
                SltSta: Status: AttnBtn- PowerFlt- MRL- CmdCplt- PresDet+ Interlock-
                        Changed: MRL- PresDet- LinkState-
                RootCap: CRSVisible-
                RootCtl: ErrCorrectable- ErrNon-Fatal- ErrFatal- PMEIntEna+ CRSVisible-
                RootSta: PME ReqID 0000, PMEStatus- PMEPending-
                DevCap2: Completion Timeout: Range ABC, TimeoutDis+ NROPrPrP- LTR+
                         10BitTagComp+ 10BitTagReq- OBFF Not Supported, ExtFmt- EETLPPrefix-
                         EmergencyPowerReduction Not Supported, EmergencyPowerReductionInit-
                         FRS- LN System CLS Not Supported, TPHComp- ExtTPHComp- ARIFwd+
                         AtomicOpsCap: Routing+ 32bit+ 64bit+ 128bitCAS+
                DevCtl2: Completion Timeout: 50us to 50ms, TimeoutDis- LTR+ 10BitTagReq- OBFF Disabled, ARIFwd-
                         AtomicOpsCtl: ReqEn+ EgressBlck+
                LnkCap2: Supported Link Speeds: 2.5-16GT/s, Crosslink- Retimer+ 2Retimers+ DRS-
                LnkCtl2: Target Link Speed: 16GT/s, EnterCompliance- SpeedDis-
                         Transmit Margin: Normal Operating Range, EnterModifiedCompliance- ComplianceSOS-
                         Compliance Preset/De-emphasis: -6dB de-emphasis, 0dB preshoot
                LnkSta2: Current De-emphasis Level: -3.5dB, EqualizationComplete+ EqualizationPhase1+
                         EqualizationPhase2+ EqualizationPhase3+ LinkEqualizationRequest-
                         Retimer- 2Retimers- CrosslinkRes: unsupported
        Capabilities: [80] MSI: Enable+ Count=1/1 Maskable- 64bit-
                Address: fee00218  Data: 0000
        Capabilities: [90] Subsystem: ASRock Incorporation Device 4c01
        Capabilities: [a0] Power Management version 3
                Flags: PMEClk- DSI- D1- D2- AuxCurrent=0mA PME(D0+,D1-,D2-,D3hot+,D3cold+)
        Capabilities: [100 v0] Null
        Capabilities: [220 v1] Access Control Services
                ACSCap: SrcValid+ TransBlk+ ReqRedir+ CmpltRedir+ UpstreamFwd+ EgressCtrl- DirectTrans-
                ACSCtl: SrcValid+ TransBlk- ReqRedir+ CmpltRedir+ UpstreamFwd+ EgressCtrl- DirectTrans-
        Capabilities: [150 v1] Precision Time Measurement
                PTMCap: Requester:- Responder:+ Root:+
                PTMClockGranularity: 4ns
                PTMControl: Enabled:+ RootSelected:+
                PTMEffectiveGranularity: Unknown
        Capabilities: [280 v1] Virtual Channel
                Caps:   LPEVC=0 RefClk=100ns PATEntryBits=1
                Arb:    Fixed- WRR32- WRR64- WRR128-
                Ctrl:   ArbSelect=Fixed
                VC0:    Caps:   PATOffset=00 MaxTimeSlots=1 RejSnoopTrans-
                        Arb:    Fixed- WRR32- WRR64- WRR128- TWRR128- WRR256-
                        Ctrl:   Enable+ ID=0 ArbSelect=Fixed TC/VC=ff
        Capabilities: [a00 v1] Downstream Port Containment
                DpcCap: INT Msg #0, RPExt+ PoisonedTLP+ SwTrigger+ RP PIO Log 4, DL_ActiveErr+
                DpcCtl: Trigger:0 Cmpl- INT- ErrCor- PoisonedTLP- SwTrigger- DL_ActiveErr-
                DpcSta: Trigger- Reason:00 INT- RPBusy- TriggerExt:00 RP PIO ErrPtr:1f
                Source: 0000
        Capabilities: [a30 v1] Secondary PCI Express
                LnkCtl3: LnkEquIntrruptEn- PerformEqu-
                LaneErrStat: 0
        Capabilities: [a90 v1] Data Link Feature <?>
        Capabilities: [a9c v1] Physical Layer 16.0 GT/s <?>
        Capabilities: [edc v1] Lane Margining at the Receiver <?>
        Kernel driver in use: pcieport

00:02.0 VGA compatible controller: Intel Corporation RocketLake-S GT1 [UHD Graphics 730] (rev 04) (prog-if 00 [VGA controller])
        Subsystem: ASRock Incorporation RocketLake-S GT1 [UHD Graphics 730]
        Control: I/O+ Mem+ BusMaster+ SpecCycle- MemWINV- VGASnoop- ParErr- Stepping- SERR- FastB2B- DisINTx+
        Status: Cap+ 66MHz- UDF- FastB2B- ParErr- DEVSEL=fast >TAbort- <TAbort- <MAbort- >SERR- <PERR- INTx-
        Interrupt: pin A routed to IRQ 155
        IOMMU group: 0
        Region 0: Memory at 6402000000 (64-bit, non-prefetchable) [size=16M]
        Region 2: Memory at 4000000000 (64-bit, prefetchable) [size=256M]
        Region 4: I/O ports at 4000 [size=64]
        Expansion ROM at 000c0000 [virtual] [disabled] [size=128K]
        Capabilities: [40] Vendor Specific Information: Len=0c <?>
        Capabilities: [70] Express (v2) Root Complex Integrated Endpoint, MSI 00
                DevCap: MaxPayload 128 bytes, PhantFunc 0
                        ExtTag- RBE+ FLReset+
                        RlxdOrd- ExtTag- PhantFunc- AuxPwr- NoSnoop- FLReset-
                        MaxPayload 128 bytes, MaxReadReq 128 bytes
                DevSta: CorrErr- NonFatalErr- FatalErr- UnsupReq- AuxPwr- TransPend-
                DevCap2: Completion Timeout: Not Supported, TimeoutDis- NROPrPrP- LTR-
                         10BitTagComp- 10BitTagReq- OBFF Not Supported, ExtFmt- EETLPPrefix-
                         FRS-
                         AtomicOpsCap: 32bit- 64bit- 128bitCAS-
                DevCtl2: Completion Timeout: 50us to 50ms, TimeoutDis- LTR- 10BitTagReq- OBFF Disabled,
                         AtomicOpsCtl: ReqEn-
        Capabilities: [ac] MSI: Enable+ Count=1/1 Maskable+ 64bit-
                Address: fee00018  Data: 0000
                Masking: 00000000  Pending: 00000000
        Capabilities: [d0] Power Management version 2
                Flags: PMEClk- DSI+ D1- D2- AuxCurrent=0mA PME(D0-,D1-,D2-,D3hot-,D3cold-)
        Capabilities: [100 v1] Process Address Space ID (PASID)
                PASIDCap: Exec- Priv-, Max PASID Width: 14
                PASIDCtl: Enable- Exec- Priv-
        Capabilities: [200 v1] Address Translation Service (ATS)
                ATSCap: Invalidate Queue Depth: 00
                ATSCtl: Enable+, Smallest Translation Unit: 00
        Capabilities: [300 v1] Page Request Interface (PRI)
                PRICtl: Enable- Reset-
                PRISta: RF- UPRGI- Stopped+
                Page Request Capacity: 00008000, Page Request Allocation: 00000000
        Kernel driver in use: i915
        Kernel modules: i915

00:06.0 PCI bridge: Intel Corporation Device 4c09 (rev 01) (prog-if 00 [Normal decode])
        Interrupt: pin D routed to IRQ 123
        IOMMU group: 3
        Bus: primary=00, secondary=02, subordinate=02, sec-latency=0
        I/O behind bridge: f000-0fff [disabled] [16-bit]
        Memory behind bridge: 72200000-722fffff [size=1M] [32-bit]
        Prefetchable memory behind bridge: 00000000fff00000-00000000000fffff [disabled] [64-bit]
        Secondary status: 66MHz- FastB2B- ParErr- DEVSEL=fast >TAbort- <TAbort- <MAbort- <SERR- <PERR-
                        ExtTag- RBE+
                LnkCap: Port #5, Speed 16GT/s, Width x4, ASPM L1, Exit Latency L1 <16us
                LnkSta: Speed 8GT/s, Width x4
                        TrErr- Train- SlotClk+ DLActive+ BWMgmt+ ABWMgmt-
                        Slot #0, PowerLimit 75W; Interlock- NoCompl+
                         10BitTagComp+ 10BitTagReq- OBFF Not Supported, ExtFmt- EETLPPrefix-
                         AtomicOpsCap: Routing+ 32bit+ 64bit+ 128bitCAS+
                DevCtl2: Completion Timeout: 50us to 50ms, TimeoutDis- LTR+ 10BitTagReq- OBFF Disabled, ARIFwd-
                         AtomicOpsCtl: ReqEn+ EgressBlck+
                LnkCtl2: Target Link Speed: 8GT/s, EnterCompliance- SpeedDis-
                         Transmit Margin: Normal Operating Range, EnterModifiedCompliance- ComplianceSOS-
                LnkSta2: Current De-emphasis Level: -3.5dB, EqualizationComplete+ EqualizationPhase1+
                Address: fee00258  Data: 0000
        Capabilities: [90] Subsystem: Device 0000:0000
                ACSCap: SrcValid+ TransBlk+ ReqRedir+ CmpltRedir+ UpstreamFwd+ EgressCtrl- DirectTrans-
                ACSCtl: SrcValid+ TransBlk- ReqRedir+ CmpltRedir+ UpstreamFwd+ EgressCtrl- DirectTrans-
        Capabilities: [280 v1] Virtual Channel
        Capabilities: [a90 v1] Data Link Feature <?>
        Capabilities: [a9c v1] Physical Layer 16.0 GT/s <?>
        Capabilities: [edc v1] Lane Margining at the Receiver <?>

00:08.0 System peripheral: Intel Corporation Device 4c11 (rev 01)
        Subsystem: ASRock Incorporation Device 4c11
        Control: I/O- Mem- BusMaster- SpecCycle- MemWINV- VGASnoop- ParErr- Stepping- SERR- FastB2B- DisINTx-
        Interrupt: pin A routed to IRQ 255
        IOMMU group: 4
        Region 0: Memory at 6403017000 (64-bit, non-prefetchable) [disabled] [size=4K]
        Capabilities: [90] MSI: Enable- Count=1/1 Maskable- 64bit-
                Address: 00000000  Data: 0000
        Capabilities: [a0] Vendor Specific Information: Len=14 <?>
        Capabilities: [dc] Power Management version 2
                Flags: PMEClk- DSI- D1- D2- AuxCurrent=0mA PME(D0-,D1-,D2-,D3hot-,D3cold-)
        Capabilities: [f0] PCI Advanced Features
                AFCap: TP+ FLR+
                AFCtrl: FLR-
                AFStatus: TP-

00:14.0 USB controller: Intel Corporation Tiger Lake-H USB 3.2 Gen 2x1 xHCI Host Controller (rev 11) (prog-if 30 [XHCI])
        Subsystem: ASRock Incorporation Tiger Lake-H USB 3.2 Gen 2x1 xHCI Host Controller
        Control: I/O- Mem+ BusMaster+ SpecCycle- MemWINV- VGASnoop- ParErr- Stepping- SERR- FastB2B- DisINTx+
        Status: Cap+ 66MHz- UDF- FastB2B+ ParErr- DEVSEL=medium >TAbort- <TAbort- <MAbort- >SERR- <PERR- INTx-
        Interrupt: pin A routed to IRQ 125
        IOMMU group: 5
        Region 0: Memory at 6403000000 (64-bit, non-prefetchable) [size=64K]
        Capabilities: [70] Power Management version 2
                Flags: PMEClk- DSI- D1- D2- AuxCurrent=375mA PME(D0-,D1-,D2-,D3hot+,D3cold+)
        Capabilities: [80] MSI: Enable+ Count=1/8 Maskable- 64bit+
                Address: 00000000fee00298  Data: 0000
        Capabilities: [90] Vendor Specific Information: Len=14 <?>
        Capabilities: [b0] Vendor Specific Information: Len=00 <?>
        Kernel driver in use: xhci_hcd

00:14.2 RAM memory: Intel Corporation Tiger Lake-H Shared SRAM (rev 11)
        Control: I/O- Mem- BusMaster- SpecCycle- MemWINV- VGASnoop- ParErr- Stepping- SERR- FastB2B- DisINTx-
        IOMMU group: 5
        Region 0: Memory at 6403010000 (64-bit, non-prefetchable) [disabled] [size=16K]
        Region 2: Memory at 6403016000 (64-bit, non-prefetchable) [disabled] [size=4K]
        Capabilities: [80] Power Management version 3

00:16.0 Communication controller: Intel Corporation Tiger Lake-H Management Engine Interface (rev 11)
        Subsystem: ASRock Incorporation Tiger Lake-H Management Engine Interface
        Control: I/O- Mem+ BusMaster+ SpecCycle- MemWINV- VGASnoop- ParErr- Stepping- SERR- FastB2B- DisINTx+
        Interrupt: pin A routed to IRQ 128
        IOMMU group: 6
        Region 0: Memory at 6403015000 (64-bit, non-prefetchable) [size=4K]
        Capabilities: [50] Power Management version 3
                Flags: PMEClk- DSI- D1- D2- AuxCurrent=0mA PME(D0-,D1-,D2-,D3hot+,D3cold-)
        Capabilities: [8c] MSI: Enable+ Count=1/1 Maskable- 64bit+
                Address: 00000000fee002f8  Data: 0000
        Capabilities: [a4] Vendor Specific Information: Len=14 <?>
        Kernel driver in use: mei_me
        Kernel modules: mei_me

00:17.0 SATA controller: Intel Corporation Device 43d2 (rev 11) (prog-if 01 [AHCI 1.0])
        Subsystem: ASRock Incorporation Device 43d2
        Status: Cap+ 66MHz+ UDF- FastB2B+ ParErr- DEVSEL=medium >TAbort- <TAbort- <MAbort- >SERR- <PERR- INTx-
        Interrupt: pin A routed to IRQ 126
        IOMMU group: 7
        Region 0: Memory at 72320000 (32-bit, non-prefetchable) [size=8K]
        Region 1: Memory at 72323000 (32-bit, non-prefetchable) [size=256]
        Region 2: I/O ports at 4090 [size=8]
        Region 3: I/O ports at 4080 [size=4]
        Region 4: I/O ports at 4060 [size=32]
        Region 5: Memory at 72322000 (32-bit, non-prefetchable) [size=2K]
                Address: fee002b8  Data: 0000
        Capabilities: [70] Power Management version 3
                Flags: PMEClk- DSI- D1- D2- AuxCurrent=0mA PME(D0-,D1-,D2-,D3hot+,D3cold-)
        Capabilities: [a8] SATA HBA v1.0 BAR4 Offset=00000004
        Kernel driver in use: ahci
        Kernel modules: ahci

00:1d.0 PCI bridge: Intel Corporation Tiger Lake-H PCI Express Root Port #9 (rev 11) (prog-if 00 [Normal decode])
        Subsystem: ASRock Incorporation Tiger Lake-H PCI Express Root Port
        Interrupt: pin A routed to IRQ 124
        IOMMU group: 8
        Bus: primary=00, secondary=03, subordinate=03, sec-latency=0
        I/O behind bridge: f000-0fff [disabled] [16-bit]
        Memory behind bridge: 72100000-721fffff [size=1M] [32-bit]
        Prefetchable memory behind bridge: 00000000fff00000-00000000000fffff [disabled] [64-bit]
        Secondary status: 66MHz- FastB2B- ParErr- DEVSEL=fast >TAbort- <TAbort- <MAbort+ <SERR- <PERR-
                        ExtTag- RBE+
                LnkCap: Port #9, Speed 8GT/s, Width x4, ASPM L1, Exit Latency L1 <16us
                        TrErr- Train- SlotClk+ DLActive+ BWMgmt+ ABWMgmt-
                        Slot #12, PowerLimit 25W; Interlock- NoCompl+
                         AtomicOpsCap: Routing- 32bit- 64bit- 128bitCAS-
                         AtomicOpsCtl: ReqEn- EgressBlck-
                LnkCap2: Supported Link Speeds: 2.5-8GT/s, Crosslink- Retimer- 2Retimers- DRS-
                Address: fee00278  Data: 0000
        Capabilities: [90] Subsystem: ASRock Incorporation Tiger Lake-H PCI Express Root Port

00:1f.0 ISA bridge: Intel Corporation Z590 LPC/eSPI Controller (rev 11)
        Subsystem: ASRock Incorporation Device 4385
        Status: Cap- 66MHz- UDF- FastB2B- ParErr- DEVSEL=fast >TAbort- <TAbort- <MAbort- >SERR- <PERR- INTx-
        IOMMU group: 9

00:1f.4 SMBus: Intel Corporation Tiger Lake-H SMBus Controller (rev 11)
        Subsystem: ASRock Incorporation Tiger Lake-H SMBus Controller
        Control: I/O+ Mem+ BusMaster- SpecCycle- MemWINV- VGASnoop- ParErr- Stepping- SERR- FastB2B- DisINTx-
        Status: Cap- 66MHz- UDF- FastB2B+ ParErr- DEVSEL=medium >TAbort- <TAbort- <MAbort- >SERR- <PERR- INTx-
        Interrupt: pin A routed to IRQ 16
        Region 0: Memory at 6403014000 (64-bit, non-prefetchable) [size=256]
        Region 4: I/O ports at efa0 [size=32]
        Kernel driver in use: i801_smbus
        Kernel modules: i2c_i801

00:1f.5 Serial bus controller: Intel Corporation Tiger Lake-H SPI Controller (rev 11)
        Subsystem: ASRock Incorporation Tiger Lake-H SPI Controller
        Control: I/O- Mem+ BusMaster- SpecCycle- MemWINV- VGASnoop- ParErr- Stepping- SERR- FastB2B- DisINTx+
        Status: Cap- 66MHz- UDF- FastB2B- ParErr- DEVSEL=fast >TAbort- <TAbort- <MAbort- >SERR- <PERR- INTx-
        Region 0: Memory at 70800000 (32-bit, non-prefetchable) [size=4K]

00:1f.6 Ethernet controller: Intel Corporation Ethernet Connection (14) I219-V (rev 11)
        Subsystem: ASRock Incorporation Ethernet Connection (14) I219-V
        Interrupt: pin A routed to IRQ 127
        Region 0: Memory at 72300000 (32-bit, non-prefetchable) [size=128K]
        Capabilities: [c8] Power Management version 3
                Flags: PMEClk- DSI+ D1- D2- AuxCurrent=0mA PME(D0+,D1-,D2-,D3hot+,D3cold+)
        Capabilities: [d0] MSI: Enable+ Count=1/1 Maskable- 64bit+
                Address: 00000000fee002d8  Data: 0000
        Kernel driver in use: e1000e
        Kernel modules: e1000e

01:00.0 VGA compatible controller: NVIDIA Corporation GA106 [GeForce RTX 3060] (rev a1) (prog-if 00 [VGA controller])
        Subsystem: ZOTAC International (MCO) Ltd. GA106 [GeForce RTX 3060]
        Interrupt: pin A routed to IRQ 156
        IOMMU group: 10
        Region 0: Memory at 71000000 (32-bit, non-prefetchable) [size=16M]
        Region 1: Memory at 6000000000 (64-bit, prefetchable) [size=16G]
        Region 3: Memory at 6400000000 (64-bit, prefetchable) [size=32M]
        Region 5: I/O ports at 3000 [size=128]
        Expansion ROM at 72000000 [virtual] [disabled] [size=512K]
        Capabilities: [60] Power Management version 3
                Flags: PMEClk- DSI- D1- D2- AuxCurrent=0mA PME(D0+,D1-,D2-,D3hot+,D3cold-)
        Capabilities: [68] MSI: Enable+ Count=1/1 Maskable- 64bit+
                Address: 00000000fee00658  Data: 0000
        Capabilities: [78] Express (v2) Legacy Endpoint, MSI 00
                DevCap: MaxPayload 256 bytes, PhantFunc 0, Latency L0s unlimited, L1 <64us
                        ExtTag+ AttnBtn- AttnInd- PwrInd- RBE+ FLReset+
                DevCtl: CorrErr+ NonFatalErr+ FatalErr+ UnsupReq+
                        RlxdOrd+ ExtTag+ PhantFunc- AuxPwr- NoSnoop+ FLReset-
                        MaxPayload 256 bytes, MaxReadReq 512 bytes
                LnkCap: Port #0, Speed 16GT/s, Width x16, ASPM L0s L1, Exit Latency L0s <512ns, L1 <16us
                        ClockPM+ Surprise- LLActRep- BwNot- ASPMOptComp+
                        ExtSynch- ClockPM+ AutWidDis- BWInt- AutBWInt-
                LnkSta: Speed 2.5GT/s (downgraded), Width x16
                        TrErr- Train- SlotClk+ DLActive- BWMgmt- ABWMgmt-
                DevCap2: Completion Timeout: Range AB, TimeoutDis+ NROPrPrP- LTR+
                         10BitTagComp+ 10BitTagReq+ OBFF Via message, ExtFmt- EETLPPrefix-
                         FRS-
                DevCtl2: Completion Timeout: 50us to 50ms, TimeoutDis- LTR+ 10BitTagReq- OBFF Disabled,
                LnkCtl2: Target Link Speed: 16GT/s, EnterCompliance- SpeedDis-
                LnkSta2: Current De-emphasis Level: -6dB, EqualizationComplete+ EqualizationPhase1+
        Capabilities: [b4] Vendor Specific Information: Len=14 <?>
        Capabilities: [100 v1] Virtual Channel
        Capabilities: [250 v1] Latency Tolerance Reporting
                Max snoop latency: 34326183936ns
                Max no snoop latency: 34326183936ns
        Capabilities: [258 v1] L1 PM Substates
                L1SubCap: PCI-PM_L1.2+ PCI-PM_L1.1+ ASPM_L1.2+ ASPM_L1.1+ L1_PM_Substates+
                          PortCommonModeRestoreTime=255us PortTPowerOnTime=10us
                L1SubCtl1: PCI-PM_L1.2- PCI-PM_L1.1- ASPM_L1.2- ASPM_L1.1-
                           T_CommonMode=0us LTR1.2_Threshold=281600ns
                L1SubCtl2: T_PwrOn=10us
        Capabilities: [128 v1] Power Budgeting <?>
        Capabilities: [420 v2] Advanced Error Reporting
                UESta:  DLP- SDES- TLP- FCP- CmpltTO- CmpltAbrt- UnxCmplt- RxOF- MalfTLP- ECRC- UnsupReq- ACSViol-
                UEMsk:  DLP- SDES- TLP- FCP- CmpltTO- CmpltAbrt- UnxCmplt- RxOF- MalfTLP- ECRC- UnsupReq- ACSViol-
                UESvrt: DLP+ SDES+ TLP- FCP+ CmpltTO- CmpltAbrt- UnxCmplt- RxOF+ MalfTLP+ ECRC- UnsupReq- ACSViol-
                CESta:  RxErr- BadTLP- BadDLLP- Rollover- Timeout- AdvNonFatalErr-
                CEMsk:  RxErr- BadTLP- BadDLLP- Rollover- Timeout- AdvNonFatalErr+
                AERCap: First Error Pointer: 00, ECRCGenCap- ECRCGenEn- ECRCChkCap- ECRCChkEn-
                        MultHdrRecCap- MultHdrRecEn- TLPPfxPres- HdrLogCap-
                HeaderLog: 00000000 00000000 00000000 00000000
        Capabilities: [600 v1] Vendor Specific Information: ID=0001 Rev=1 Len=024 <?>
        Capabilities: [900 v1] Secondary PCI Express
        Capabilities: [bb0 v1] Physical Resizable BAR
                BAR 0: current size: 16MB, supported: 16MB
                BAR 1: current size: 16GB, supported: 64MB 128MB 256MB 512MB 1GB 2GB 4GB 8GB 16GB
                BAR 3: current size: 32MB, supported: 32MB
        Capabilities: [c1c v1] Physical Layer 16.0 GT/s <?>
        Capabilities: [d00 v1] Lane Margining at the Receiver <?>
        Capabilities: [e00 v1] Data Link Feature <?>
        Kernel driver in use: nvidia
        Kernel modules: nvidia_drm, nvidia

01:00.1 Audio device: NVIDIA Corporation GA106 High Definition Audio Controller (rev a1)
        Subsystem: ZOTAC International (MCO) Ltd. Device 4617
        Interrupt: pin B routed to IRQ 255
        IOMMU group: 10
        Region 0: Memory at 72080000 (32-bit, non-prefetchable) [disabled] [size=16K]
        Capabilities: [60] Power Management version 3
        Capabilities: [68] MSI: Enable- Count=1/1 Maskable- 64bit+
                Address: 0000000000000000  Data: 0000
        Capabilities: [78] Express (v2) Endpoint, MSI 00
                DevCap: MaxPayload 256 bytes, PhantFunc 0, Latency L0s unlimited, L1 <64us
                        ExtTag+ AttnBtn- AttnInd- PwrInd- RBE+ FLReset- SlotPowerLimit 75W
                        RlxdOrd+ ExtTag+ PhantFunc- AuxPwr- NoSnoop+
                DevSta: CorrErr+ NonFatalErr- FatalErr- UnsupReq+ AuxPwr- TransPend-
                LnkCap: Port #0, Speed 16GT/s, Width x16, ASPM L0s L1, Exit Latency L0s <512ns, L1 <4us
                LnkSta: Speed 2.5GT/s (downgraded), Width x16
                DevCap2: Completion Timeout: Range AB, TimeoutDis+ NROPrPrP- LTR+
                         10BitTagComp+ 10BitTagReq+ OBFF Via message, ExtFmt- EETLPPrefix-
                         FRS- TPHComp- ExtTPHComp-
                DevCtl2: Completion Timeout: 50us to 50ms, TimeoutDis- LTR- 10BitTagReq- OBFF Disabled,
                LnkSta2: Current De-emphasis Level: -6dB, EqualizationComplete- EqualizationPhase1-
                         EqualizationPhase2- EqualizationPhase3- LinkEqualizationRequest-
        Capabilities: [100 v2] Advanced Error Reporting
                UESta:  DLP- SDES- TLP- FCP- CmpltTO- CmpltAbrt- UnxCmplt- RxOF- MalfTLP- ECRC- UnsupReq- ACSViol-
                UEMsk:  DLP- SDES- TLP- FCP- CmpltTO- CmpltAbrt- UnxCmplt- RxOF- MalfTLP- ECRC- UnsupReq- ACSViol-
                UESvrt: DLP+ SDES+ TLP- FCP+ CmpltTO- CmpltAbrt- UnxCmplt- RxOF+ MalfTLP+ ECRC- UnsupReq- ACSViol-
                CESta:  RxErr- BadTLP- BadDLLP- Rollover- Timeout- AdvNonFatalErr+
                AERCap: First Error Pointer: 00, ECRCGenCap- ECRCGenEn- ECRCChkCap- ECRCChkEn-
        Capabilities: [160 v1] Data Link Feature <?>

02:00.0 Non-Volatile memory controller: Samsung Electronics Co Ltd NVMe SSD Controller SM981/PM981/PM983 (prog-if 02 [NVM Express])
        Subsystem: Samsung Electronics Co Ltd SSD 970 EVO/PRO
        IOMMU group: 11
        Region 0: Memory at 72200000 (64-bit, non-prefetchable) [size=16K]
        Capabilities: [40] Power Management version 3
        Capabilities: [50] MSI: Enable- Count=1/1 Maskable- 64bit+
        Capabilities: [70] Express (v2) Endpoint, MSI 00
                DevCap: MaxPayload 256 bytes, PhantFunc 0, Latency L0s unlimited, L1 unlimited
                        ExtTag- AttnBtn- AttnInd- PwrInd- RBE+ FLReset+ SlotPowerLimit 75W
                        RlxdOrd+ ExtTag- PhantFunc- AuxPwr- NoSnoop+ FLReset-
                LnkCap: Port #0, Speed 8GT/s, Width x4, ASPM L1, Exit Latency L1 <64us
                DevCap2: Completion Timeout: Range ABCD, TimeoutDis+ NROPrPrP- LTR+
                DevCtl2: Completion Timeout: 50us to 50ms, TimeoutDis- LTR+ 10BitTagReq- OBFF Disabled,
                LnkSta2: Current De-emphasis Level: -6dB, EqualizationComplete+ EqualizationPhase1+
        Capabilities: [b0] MSI-X: Enable+ Count=33 Masked-
                Vector table: BAR=0 offset=00003000
                PBA: BAR=0 offset=00002000
                AERCap: First Error Pointer: 00, ECRCGenCap+ ECRCGenEn- ECRCChkCap+ ECRCChkEn-
                        MultHdrRecCap+ MultHdrRecEn- TLPPfxPres- HdrLogCap-
        Capabilities: [148 v1] Device Serial Number 00-00-00-00-00-00-00-00
        Capabilities: [158 v1] Power Budgeting <?>
        Capabilities: [168 v1] Secondary PCI Express
        Capabilities: [188 v1] Latency Tolerance Reporting
                Max snoop latency: 3145728ns
                Max no snoop latency: 3145728ns
        Capabilities: [190 v1] L1 PM Substates
                L1SubCap: PCI-PM_L1.2+ PCI-PM_L1.1+ ASPM_L1.2+ ASPM_L1.1+ L1_PM_Substates+
                          PortCommonModeRestoreTime=10us PortTPowerOnTime=10us
                           T_CommonMode=0us LTR1.2_Threshold=30720ns
                L1SubCtl2: T_PwrOn=10us
        Kernel driver in use: nvme
        Kernel modules: nvme

03:00.0 Non-Volatile memory controller: Sandisk Corp SanDisk Extreme Pro / WD Black SN750 / PC SN730 / Red SN700 NVMe SSD (prog-if 02 [NVM Express])
        Subsystem: Sandisk Corp WD Black SN750 / PC SN730 NVMe SSD
        IOMMU group: 12
        Region 0: Memory at 72100000 (64-bit, non-prefetchable) [size=16K]
        Region 4: Memory at 72104000 (64-bit, non-prefetchable) [size=256]
        Capabilities: [80] Power Management version 3
        Capabilities: [90] MSI: Enable- Count=1/32 Maskable- 64bit+
        Capabilities: [b0] MSI-X: Enable+ Count=65 Masked-
                Vector table: BAR=0 offset=00002000
                PBA: BAR=4 offset=00000000
        Capabilities: [c0] Express (v2) Endpoint, MSI 00
                DevCap: MaxPayload 256 bytes, PhantFunc 0, Latency L0s <1us, L1 unlimited
                        ExtTag- AttnBtn- AttnInd- PwrInd- RBE+ FLReset+ SlotPowerLimit 0W
                        RlxdOrd+ ExtTag- PhantFunc- AuxPwr- NoSnoop+ FLReset-
                LnkCap: Port #0, Speed 8GT/s, Width x4, ASPM L1, Exit Latency L1 <8us
                DevCap2: Completion Timeout: Range B, TimeoutDis+ NROPrPrP- LTR+
                         10BitTagComp- 10BitTagReq- OBFF Not Supported, ExtFmt+ EETLPPrefix-
                AERCap: First Error Pointer: 00, ECRCGenCap+ ECRCGenEn- ECRCChkCap+ ECRCChkEn-
        Capabilities: [150 v1] Device Serial Number 00-00-00-00-00-00-00-00
        Capabilities: [1b8 v1] Latency Tolerance Reporting
                Max snoop latency: 3145728ns
                Max no snoop latency: 3145728ns
        Capabilities: [300 v1] Secondary PCI Express
        Capabilities: [900 v1] L1 PM Substates
                L1SubCap: PCI-PM_L1.2+ PCI-PM_L1.1- ASPM_L1.2+ ASPM_L1.1- L1_PM_Substates+
                          PortCommonModeRestoreTime=32us PortTPowerOnTime=150us
                           T_CommonMode=0us LTR1.2_Threshold=196608ns
                L1SubCtl2: T_PwrOn=150us
        Kernel driver in use: nvme
        Kernel modules: nvme

Edited by ApfelBirneKreis
PowerTOP 2.15     Overview   Idle stats   Frequency stats   Device stats   Tunables   WakeUp                            

Pkg(HW)  |            Core(HW) |            CPU(OS) 0   CPU(OS) 6
                    |                     | C0 active   2.5%        1.7%
                    |                     | POLL        0.0%    0.1 ms  0.0%    0.0 ms
                    |                     | C1_ACPI    11.4%    0.3 ms  7.6%    0.1 ms
C2 (pc2)    3.6%    |                     | C2_ACPI     7.9%    0.9 ms  3.6%    0.9 ms
C3 (pc3)   58.5%    | C3 (cc3)    0.0%    | C3_ACPI    76.8%    8.1 ms 86.6%   13.5 ms
C6 (pc6)    0.0%    | C6 (cc6)    0.0%    |
C7 (pc7)    0.0%    | C7 (cc7)   78.0%    |
C8 (pc8)    0.0%    |                     |
C9 (pc9)    0.0%    |                     |
C10 (pc10)  0.0%    |                     |

|            Core(HW) |            CPU(OS) 1   CPU(OS) 7
                    |                     | C0 active   2.5%        3.7%
                    |                     | POLL        0.0%    0.0 ms  0.0%    0.0 ms
                    |                     | C1_ACPI    10.5%    0.1 ms  6.3%    0.0 ms
                    |                     | C2_ACPI     6.8%    0.9 ms  4.1%    0.9 ms
                    | C3 (cc3)    0.0%    | C3_ACPI    78.8%   14.3 ms 85.4%   25.6 ms
                    | C6 (cc6)    0.0%    |
                    | C7 (cc7)   78.1%    |
                    |                     |
                    |                     |
                    |                     |

|            Core(HW) |            CPU(OS) 2   CPU(OS) 8
                    |                     | C0 active   1.5%        2.0%
                    |                     | POLL        0.0%    0.1 ms  0.0%    0.0 ms
                    |                     | C1_ACPI     9.1%    0.2 ms 10.5%    0.1 ms
                    |                     | C2_ACPI     4.1%    0.9 ms  6.7%    0.9 ms
                    | C3 (cc3)    0.0%    | C3_ACPI    84.6%   16.6 ms 79.8%   19.6 ms
                    | C6 (cc6)    0.0%    |
                    | C7 (cc7)   79.7%    |
                    |                     |
                    |                     |
                    |                     |

Powertop shows this

• 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

@Fuzzy0101 noticed you have a new plugin - how about a support thread linked to it and some details of what it does? I think the name might be not great if its "just" power saving cos there are other tweaks plugins... maybe PowerTweaks?   Very interested to know more about it as suspect I will stay on current CPU (not get an N100) and see if I can optimize power usage

• Upvote 1
4 hours ago, methanoid said:

@Fuzzy0101 noticed you have a new plugin - how about a support thread linked to it and some details of what it does? I think the name might be not great if its "just" power saving cos there are other tweaks plugins... maybe PowerTweaks?   Very interested to know more about it as suspect I will stay on current CPU (not get an N100) and see if I can optimize power usage

Just created a support thread ...

• Thanks 1