[Support] Audiobookshelf

19 minutes ago, theasset said:

I figured it might be caching through "Previous Apps" so I cleared the template before reinstalling, I get the same "Unauthorized" error ... not sure this means the credentials are wrong or if I don't have the correct permissions..

Edit: Ok, so it looks like the audiobookshelf folders are still in both my cache drive where I run all my containers, and also in my appdata folder.. can I delete from both location safely using Krusader? Or should best practice be deleting from the cache and this change being automatically reflected in appdata due to the cache -> array configuration?

Just get "Cleanup appdata" from the appstore.. Works well for what you need. 

6 hours ago, Froberg said:

Just get "Cleanup appdata" from the appstore.. Works well for what you need. 

Thanks - I found this listed in another comment, but in the appstore in Unraid it essentially says its deprecated and users should use Krusader instead.

That's how I found that the app was in bot the docker cache and appdata folders

3 hours ago, theasset said:

Thanks - I found this listed in another comment, but in the appstore in Unraid it essentially says its deprecated and users should use Krusader instead.

That's how I found that the app was in bot the docker cache and appdata folders

Eh it's not depreciated.. but I get your point from the description. It helps if you're unsure of what to delete. 

I usually just do terminal to remove appdata folders. 

But yes, remove your old appdata directories or install in to a new one and you should be good. 

15 hours ago, Froberg said:

Eh it's not depreciated.. but I get your point from the description. It helps if you're unsure of what to delete. 

I usually just do terminal to remove appdata folders. 

But yes, remove your old appdata directories or install in to a new one and you should be good. 

Thanks. I ended up manually deleting the folder using Krusader - I was able to delete the folder (containing the sqlite database) on my cache drive, but I was unable to move the audiobookshelf folder from appdata to the trash, it didn't give me any any errors, but it also didn't seem to do anything, despite refreshing and trying a few times.

Reinstalling did seem to work and let me create a user and pass, so mission success!

• 4 weeks later...
On 2/25/2024 at 10:29 AM, spacebender said:

Let me start by saying Audiobookshelf is absolutely fantastic. I look forward to the ios app non-beta release. Question, is anyone else having permission issues with Unraid? I am running the full suite of "*arr" apps and cant seem to get Audiobookshelf to play well with Readarr. All my other indexers and download clients work perfectly. When Readarr grabs a selection it does not show up in Audiobookshelf. When I use Audiobookshelf to manually put books away, it sets file permissions to root. That throws an error in Readarr. I have verified my my Unmask, PUID and GUID settings. They are the same as other indexers. Thanks in advance.

I'm having similar issues with permissions but for different reasons (which are irrelevant so I'll spare you the screen space).

I started looking at the docker docs for this app and it appears that there is no mechanism for specifying the user and group to store the files as, so it defaults to root/root.  It'd be really marvelous if this could be added (or, if it's there somewhere, I could be pointed to the info documenting it).

Thanks again!

20 minutes ago, kcgodwins said:

I'm having similar issues with permissions but for different reasons (which are irrelevant so I'll spare you the screen space).

I started looking at the docker docs for this app and it appears that there is no mechanism for specifying the user and group to store the files as, so it defaults to root/root.  It'd be really marvelous if this could be added (or, if it's there somewhere, I could be pointed to the info documenting it).

Thanks again!

Docker has a built-in way to specify the user/group when running a container. https://docs.docker.com/engine/reference/run/#user

I'm not sure how to set that using the GUI in Unraid

23 minutes ago, kcgodwins said:

Thanks again!

Just edit the template add two new variables like this:
image.thumb.png.d1f4dfd774ec6da28e0b9f99611effdd.png

2 minutes ago, strike said:

Just edit the template add two new variables like this:
image.thumb.png.d1f4dfd774ec6da28e0b9f99611effdd.png

Those environment variables were removed a long time ago because the preferred way to set the UID/GID is using the built-in docker options.

I imported an audio book that had all the tracks named "Lesson 001" "Lesson 002" etc as ID3 tags and also the filenames "Lesson 001.mp3".  I then manually changed the names of the first two chapters from within audiobookshelf.

image.png.01217f6435ae894d6fc510baa4ebd6b8.png

I then changed every track title with MediaMonkey:

image.thumb.png.c2136ecad3ad9797aae5123b7c6aeb14.png

I deleted the book from audiobookshelf and re-scanned it, hoping that it would update the track titles, but it retains the original tracks. It even keeps the first two tracks that I renamed from within audiobookshelf, which leads me to believe that audiobookshelf is somehow keeping the metadata somewhere. 

How can I force audiobookshelf to force update the chapter titles using the ID3 tags?

Posted (edited)

1 hour ago, fonzie said:

I imported an audio book that had all the tracks named "Lesson 001" "Lesson 002" etc as ID3 tags and also the filenames "Lesson 001.mp3".  I then manually changed the names of the first two chapters from within audiobookshelf.

image.png.01217f6435ae894d6fc510baa4ebd6b8.png

I then changed every track title with MediaMonkey:

image.thumb.png.c2136ecad3ad9797aae5123b7c6aeb14.png

I deleted the book from audiobookshelf and re-scanned it, hoping that it would update the track titles, but it retains the original tracks. It even keeps the first two tracks that I renamed from within audiobookshelf, which leads me to believe that audiobookshelf is somehow keeping the metadata somewhere. 

How can I force audiobookshelf to force update the chapter titles using the ID3 tags?

You are conflating chapters and tracks. Chapters are stored separately and can be edited separately. If you want to scan the chapters in as new again then press "Edit Chapters" button. Then "Remove All" chapters. Then press edit on the book again and "Re-Scan".
Scanning isn't going to overwrite your existing chapters incase you made manual edits. If you want them scanned in fresh then remove the chapters and re-scan.

Edited by advplyr
  • Like 1