Tachidesk-Docker Support Thread

C3004

New Way to get Rid of the File permission error.

I Don't know if this will stick, or if it will get added in the default container.

Create a Backup before adding or removing these Changes.

Don't use this if you made the webui publicly available.

They added a function to the development container to change the running user. (https://github.com/Suwayomi/docker-tachidesk/issues/22)

Activate advanced view to make these changes

Change **Repository** from "ghcr.io/suwayomi/tachidesk" to "ghcr.io/suwayomi/tachidesk:develop"

Add in **Extra Parameters ** "-u 99:100" without quotations

It should look like this afterwards:

grafik.thumb.png.f116513fa7e1664c57cd83cd2b56e7d1.png

Edited by C3004
  • Thanks 1
  • Upvote 1

If you are still having problem. Try this container. `https://hub.docker.com/r/theangelofspace15/tachidesk-server`

or change you image to use `theangelofspace15/tachidesk-server`

Set

`PUID` to your user id

`PGID` to group id

`/config` to your config file (like: /appdata/tachidesk`

`/config/downloads` to download folder

`/config/local` to local library

the image is based on linuxserver alpine base images so it should use things like docker mods but I havent test it.

9D4CE82C-DCDB-48CB-B873-02BAC4119467.thumb.jpeg.8cc5c78b3f4b3d8781adf6c1d9f9e8bf.jpeg

Edited by theangelofspace15
  • 1 month later...
On 5/6/2023 at 8:10 AM, C3004 said:

I Don't know if this will stick, or if it will get added in the default container.

They added a function to the development container to change the running user. (https://github.com/Suwayomi/docker-tachidesk/issues/22)

Change **Repository** from "ghcr.io/suwayomi/tachidesk" to "ghcr.io/suwayomi/tachidesk:develop"

This fix works for me, but even though I added the environment variable DOWNLOAD_AS_CBZ to true, it does not download into cbz. It keeps the structure as Manga Series > Chapter > images files.

image.thumb.png.70812a5d6e5d52c623c1ba0d66f7e485.png

Does anyone know of a fix for this? Thank you.

16 minutes ago, Soldius said:

This fix works for me, but even though I added the environment variable DOWNLOAD_AS_CBZ to true, it does not download into cbz. It keeps the structure as Manga Series > Chapter > images files.

image.thumb.png.70812a5d6e5d52c623c1ba0d66f7e485.png

Does anyone know of a fix for this? Thank you.

Hi Soldius,

That variable is new and currently only in the preview containers.

Please note that the fix only works with the develop container.

I wrote about the Fix before the tachidesk guys made a full rewrite of the docker container. The rewrite happened two weeks ago. The Variable you want to use is part of that new rewrite.

As the fix only works in the develop container and the latest update of that one was 18 Days ago the Variable is currently not available in that one.

Best Regards

Edited by C3004
1 hour ago, C3004 said:

Hi Soldius,

That variable is new and currently only in the preview containers.

Please note that the fix only works with the develop container.

I wrote about the Fix before the tachidesk guys made a full rewrite of the docker container. The rewrite happened two weeks ago. The Variable you want to use is part of that new rewrite.

As the fix only works in the develop container and the latest update of that one was 18 Days ago the Variable is currently not available in that one.

Best Regards

I followed up on this with a roundabout fix. I switched the docker to "preview container" and used Krusader to go into appdata and change permission of the whole "Tachidesk-Docker" to:

image.png.adafd9563a069608d5c2810af7b87fe3.png

Basically i just right-click and went into Properties > Permissions.

I also did the same thing for the destination download folder to make sure the docker can write into it. This seems to work for me as I am downloading chapters in cbz just fine. Hope this helps someone.

49 minutes ago, Soldius said:

I followed up on this with a roundabout fix. I switched the docker to "preview container" and used Krusader to go into appdata and change permission of the whole "Tachidesk-Docker" to:

image.png.adafd9563a069608d5c2810af7b87fe3.png

Basically i just right-click and went into Properties > Permissions.

I also did the same thing for the destination download folder to make sure the docker can write into it. This seems to work for me as I am downloading chapters in cbz just fine. Hope this helps someone.

Did you tried my container? Thanks should fix it.  As well. 

34 minutes ago, theangelofspace15 said:

Did you tried my container? Thanks should fix it.  As well. 

I did! But for some strange reason, nothing loaded. I wiped the appdata and the container data and tried it again but same issues. The webui was not loading for some reason. I gave up after that lol 😆

2 hours ago, Soldius said:

I did! But for some strange reason, nothing loaded. I wiped the appdata and the container data and tried it again but same issues. The webui was not loading for some reason. I gave up after that lol 😆

Well, i didnt see any comment lol but in case anyone eant to give ot a try this os how it looks. `Config` is your config file, `/config/download` the folder the app downloads manga, `config/local` your local library. Screenshot_20230612_202837_Chrome.thumb.jpg.b32585570a0f6733d0cbe33c8e059d41.jpg

Screenshot_20230612_202749_Chrome.jpg

• Like 1
57 minutes ago, Soldius said:

Hmm I notice that this is leaking data into my Docker img. My docker went from 32-ish percent to 100% overnight. Here is my mapping:

image.thumb.png.46a067bf5e19dd5ec44d32e4ed09d266.png

I don't think I miss anything looking at their documentation. I am using the "preview" channel.

Weird. I don't see anything wrong.

Do the container Logs currently note any errors?

If the container is working correctly set the debug variable to false that the logs don't fill up the docker.img.

Just for fun you could also run the docker system df command(https://docs.docker.com/engine/reference/commandline/system_df/)

But the debug variable probably filled up the logs.

3 hours ago, C3004 said:

If the container is working correctly set the debug variable to false that the logs don't fill up the docker.img.

Just for fun you could also run the docker system df command(https://docs.docker.com/engine/reference/commandline/system_df/)

Ohhhhhh, I didn't think the logs were the culprit. Good catch! I will turn it off and try. Thank you!😂

12 hours ago, C3004 said:

Unfortunately, turning the debug log off did not help. Any clue on how to trace down what exactly is filling my docker img? "docker system df: only gives an overview and spaceinvader's scripts gives more detail but only that the container is taking up a large amount of space and not what the space actually is. I also went into the container's console to look at the structure and not able to see any folder with large sizes. I'm stump 🤔

Edited by Soldius
Additional troubleshooting info
9 hours ago, Soldius said:

Unfortunately, turning the debug log off did not help. Any clue on how to trace down what exactly is filling my docker img? "docker system df: only gives an overview and spaceinvader's scripts gives more detail but only that the container is taking up a large amount of space and not what the space actually is. I also went into the container's console to look at the structure and not able to see any folder with large sizes. I'm stump 🤔

Nevermind, I figured it out. Apparently it is using the dir /temp to download the images files and then putting it into the nzb in the "library" folder. This leaves all the images inside the temp folder without cleaning them up afterwards 😑

Anyway, I mapped those dir temp like this (remember to change the permission of the folders using Krusader or tachidesk won't be able to write downloads in there): 

image.thumb.png.8bd7f43ddbbc2e47a1b788d5d88619bd.png

I may end up just mapping the whole temp folder, since it seems to be creating other things in there. 

Another thing i notice is that each time i restart the container, the download list disappeared resulting in me having to re-add the downloads in the GUI. Not sure if this is related.

Edited by Soldius
  • 4 weeks later...
On 6/14/2023 at 7:47 AM, Soldius said:

Nevermind, I figured it out. Apparently it is using the dir /temp to download the images files and then putting it into the nzb in the "library" folder. This leaves all the images inside the temp folder without cleaning them up afterwards 😑

Anyway, I mapped those dir temp like this (remember to change the permission of the folders using Krusader or tachidesk won't be able to write downloads in there): 

image.thumb.png.8bd7f43ddbbc2e47a1b788d5d88619bd.png

I may end up just mapping the whole temp folder, since it seems to be creating other things in there. 

Another thing i notice is that each time i restart the container, the download list disappeared resulting in me having to re-add the downloads in the GUI. Not sure if this is related.

So I've gone through and did all of this. However Tachiomi-server still downloads either jpeg, or png. It will not cnvert them to cbz.  I've read the documentation, and cant seem to find the problem. Hoping you could assist in getting it to work proper.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 4 months later...
  • 1 month later...
On 5/6/2023 at 5:10 PM, C3004 said:

Thank you very much that worked ❤️

Edited by Bambusmann

Suwayomi went v1.0 today. So stable users should be able to update to new features. I've not played with a fresh install to see if permissions issues are ok.

What I have worked out is a way to bypass the permissions issues with preview version.

What I did was a standard install with preview repository "ghcr.io/suwayomi/tachidesk:preview".

That install will fail due to permissions issue, I then go into midnight commander or krusader and change the appdata directory ("\appdata\Tachidesk-Docker") permissions recursively to everyone full control.

I then go and re-install the docker container and it worked for me.

Updates to suwayomi can be applied with a "force update".

I'm sure some people won't like the full control permissions, but I don't really care, my Unraid is not exposed to the web.