No Network after 6.10.2

Go to solution Solved by Frank1940,

Right, I've tried everything I can find on the forum, including a completely default network / network-rules config, and I cannot get 6.10.2 to work with my configuration.

Basically, my main network interface is on a Mellanox 10Gb card, and 6.10.2 completely refuses to recognise this as eth0 (even if I set it as eth0 in the config, when it boots it renames it).

In 6.10.1, everything works absolutely fine, so I now find myself in the position not being able to upgrade to 6.10.2.

Hopefully someone can shed some light on this.

Thanks

7 hours ago, KeithRBrown said:

Right, I've tried everything I can find on the forum, including a completely default network / network-rules config, and I cannot get 6.10.2 to work with my configuration.

Basically, my main network interface is on a Mellanox 10Gb card, and 6.10.2 completely refuses to recognise this as eth0 (even if I set it as eth0 in the config, when it boots it renames it).

In 6.10.1, everything works absolutely fine, so I now find myself in the position not being able to upgrade to 6.10.2.

Hopefully someone can shed some light on this.

Thanks

Just to add to this, I'm also having issues with my 10Gb Mellanox card (MCX311A). I'm running on a ryzen 3700x and asrock X470D4U. Everything was working before the update and even completely resetting my network config and rules did not help. Unraid refused to recognize the mellanox card as eth0. 

EDIT: I was able to solve this by connecting a monitor to my server and booting into GUI mode, then enabling bonding on eth0 and adding the mellanox nic as a bonding member (eth0 and eth3 in my case). 

Edited by Esg450
Solved issue

Having similar issues after updating to 6.10.2. Found the VT-d setting in BIOS and disabled it, and tried the blank tg3.conf but neither worked. Also tried going back to 6.10.1, but whatever I do it just gets stuck at this point. Am I missing something? Newcomer to unraid and not sure where to go from here.

image.png.6ec2912203642334fccb067ef34ee742.png

43 minutes ago, The Gleamer said:

Having similar issues after updating to 6.10.2. Found the VT-d setting in BIOS and disabled it, and tried the blank tg3.conf but neither worked. Also tried going back to 6.10.1, but whatever I do it just gets stuck at this point. Am I missing something? Newcomer to unraid and not sure where to go from here.

image.png.6ec2912203642334fccb067ef34ee742.png

Connect up keyboard and monitor.   Login and type the following command:

diagnostics

Attach the diagnostics file to a new post.  Click on the link in the previous sentience for more complete instructions. 

2 hours ago, JorgeB said:

NIC is being initialized and link is Up, don't see the actual problem, you can try renaming /boot/config/network.cfg and rebooting, it will default to DHCP, post new diags if it can't grab an IP address.

Wasn't sure what you meant by renaming, but read that you could delete network.cfg so that it created a new version. Tried this but it made no difference, and when I've checked now it hasn't recreated network.cfg. New diagnostics file attached.

tower-diagnostics-20220603-1402.zip

21 minutes ago, JorgeB said:

I don't see any problems, it got an IP address from the DHCP server:

Jun  3 14:00:59 Tower dhcpcd[1157]: br0: leased 192.168.0.32 for 86400 seconds

Should be accessible, did you try by IP?

Yes, it's working again now! I don't really understand why though? The server has always had a static IP address of 192.168.0.62 but after the update to 6.10.2 I couldn't reach this. After one of the reboots I tried I noticed that it was saying 192.168.0.32 (as in your comments) but I couldn't reach this either. I've now connected to 192.168.0.62 on my phone and laptop as I normaly would. Do you think deleting the network.cfg file fixed the issue, or was it something else? I am a newcomer to unraid and would like to learn more,  but to be honest at the moment I'm just happy it's up and running again, so many thanks for your help!

Not really sure what the problem was, after initially updating to v6.10.2 the NIC was blacklisted and you losing access was expected, this is because of an issue with mostly HP servers with the same NIC, your server should not be affected by that, so after unblacklisting the NIC it should have worked as before, and it should continue to work if you give it a static IP.

• Like 1
  • 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Hi all

William is a new noob here, and search the keyword "cannot find eth0" for days.

Hope the attached diagnostics was helping to identify my issues.

Let my know if anything missed or lost.

Thanks for the reply and help.

below is my confirg

1. A laptop ( Intel Gen11 Tiger Lake i7 ) with out physics LAN chip but plug-in a USB-Lan dongle using RTL8156B (Should be USB 3.0 ).

2. USB boot by 6.10.3 but always show cannot find eth0 even turn off the VT-D/VT-M

tower-diagnostics-20220725-0713.zip

Hi @JorgeB

Thanks for the quick reply !

Turns out ! It works by 6.9.2 after giving it a try !, I didn't change anything but version ( also issued on 6.10.1 )

And for the device detections, it always shows "Bus 004 Device 003:ID 0bda:8156 Realtek Semiconductor Corp. USB 10/100/1G/2.5G LAN" at System Devices page no matter 6.10.3 or 6.10.1/6.9.2.

So Im not sure if could be a device issues or not, since the result !

Im happy if any one who meet this issue and found fixed after 6.10.x, and let us know,  I would try it.

Thanks

螢幕擷取畫面 2022-07-25 165258.jpg

ip.JPG

2 hours ago, William5978 said:

Turns out ! It works by 6.9.2 after giving it a try

Not surprised, since I suspected that NIC was not supported by v6.10.x, and the NIC was being detected, but since it's USB it doesn't show up on lspci, me being a dum dum.

Soon there should be an easy way to install out of tree drivers, then you should be able to make that NIC work with a newer release.

• Like 1