Docker Service Crashing - Read Only (Drive Not Full)

rguinn
Go to solution Solved by rguinn,

Hello All,

I am in some need of help from my logs i am not seeing any issues but i am having a issue with unraid and docker it will stop working and the fix common problems will tell me it is Read Only but my drives are not Full.

I have deleted my Docker Image

I have verify all the shares are set to high water

i am adding two diag and a few photo of the disk and shares showing free space

Also when this happen i can't reboot/shutdown my sever via GUI or Terminal it does not do anything and only a hard boot solves it for a few hours. 

image.thumb.png.65c9948a625d8c073d511f589d8d96c1.png

image.thumb.png.9b71688828cbcbba06962bce257f837d.png

thedoctor-diagnostics-20221231-1018.zip thedoctor-diagnostics-20221228-2140.zip

DOCKER_IMAGE_FILE="/mnt/user/system/docker/docker.img"
DOCKER_IMAGE_SIZE="75"

Setting a 75Gig docker image is akin to taking your Ferrari down the block to pick up your mail.  Sure it works, but it's massive overkill.

The 75G also implies that you've had serious problems with the image filling up in the past.  By and large, 99.99% of users will never even use the default 20G space.  My suggestion is to either sort out why the image keeps filling up (in the past), or switch to a docker folder so that you don't need to ever worry about it again.

(As an aside, 3G for the libvirt image is also overkill, and I can't think of anyone who has ever needed more than the default 1G)

But, the real problem here is

Dec 28 19:11:41 TheDoctor kernel: BTRFS critical (device sdo1): corrupt leaf: root=5 block=509462364160 slot=6 ino=496263061 file_offset=339968, invalid compression for file extent, have 136 expect range [0, 3]

And because of the corruption the cache drive gets remounted as read-only and is causing your issues. I'm going to leave it to the resident guru @JorgeB to assist further in recovery on this.

First Thank you for the help and yes I was having issues with it as I was running a lot of dockers (80) and had to expand the size. I can reduce it as I am no longer running them all on UNRaid and have spread across others 

I should add this is a new issue that happened in the last update. 

as far as the libvirt image I don’t think I ever changed that setting as I don’t utilize VM much I have like 1 on this box I have a different server for VMs. 

but as I agree that not standard I don’t this the a root cause as I seem to only be using 10GB 

E51C88C7-D43C-4C88-A70C-AE3D243E479F.thumb.jpeg.3180a466a1877ece2aaf37fee0f2c596.jpeg

1 hour ago, Squid said:
DOCKER_IMAGE_FILE="/mnt/user/system/docker/docker.img"
DOCKER_IMAGE_SIZE="75"

Setting a 75Gig docker image is akin to taking your Ferrari down the block to pick up your mail.  Sure it works, but it's massive overkill.

The 75G also implies that you've had serious problems with the image filling up in the past.  By and large, 99.99% of users will never even use the default 20G space.  My suggestion is to either sort out why the image keeps filling up (in the past), or switch to a docker folder so that you don't need to ever worry about it again.

(As an aside, 3G for the libvirt image is also overkill, and I can't think of anyone who has ever needed more than the default 1G)

But, the real problem here is

Dec 28 19:11:41 TheDoctor kernel: BTRFS critical (device sdo1): corrupt leaf: root=5 block=509462364160 slot=6 ino=496263061 file_offset=339968, invalid compression for file extent, have 136 expect range [0, 3]

And because of the corruption the cache drive gets remounted as read-only and is causing your issues. I'm going to leave it to the resident guru @JorgeB to assist further in recovery on this.

@Squid and @JorgeB should i just move all the items on the cache to the Array and blow out the cache and move the files back ?

Also i went to verify and the image is showing only 1 GB - so ill blow that out too just to be safe

image.thumb.png.fc1b3721382c51b0b833bb1e19490a27.png

I think my Cache Drive is got major issues i can't even move the files

image.thumb.png.363b34106b3385043cec980e40e832bf.png

Edited by rguinn
19 minutes ago, rguinn said:

I am copying all my files back as soon as its done ill run a test

Bad memory can corrupt file copying.

Maybe RAM is OK. But, you shouldn't even attempt to run any computer unless memory is working perfectly. Everything goes through RAM, OS and other executable code, your data, everything. CPU can't do anything with anything until it is loaded in RAM.

Just now, trurl said:

Bad memory can corrupt file copying.

Maybe RAM is OK. But, you shouldn't even attempt to run any computer unless memory is working perfectly. Everything goes through RAM, OS and other executable code, your data, everything. CPU can't do anything with anything until it is loaded in RAM.

Yes and this is why i had run a memory test recently but ill run it again as soon as the file copy is done

42 minutes ago, JonathanM said:

Just an aside, your signature is pretty much unreadable to a large percentage of forum users. Your font color is too close to the light theme background.

image.thumb.png.cfd828e9f05c336d57f8938a622b576f.png

I have update it! sadly i attempted to just downgrade and same issue woke up to non working server