unRAID Server Release 5.0-beta10 Available

• Replies 292
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Anyone else notice that /mnt/user0 seems to disappear every now and then?

I don't think I've ever seen a /mnt/user0.  What's it used for.

Cheers.

It is a view of the user-shares WITHOUT the contents of the cache drive merged in.

It is used when moving files from the cache drive to the protected disks.

Anyone else notice that /mnt/user0 seems to disappear every now and then?

I don't think I've ever seen a /mnt/user0.  What's it used for.

Cheers.

It is a view of the user-shares WITHOUT the contents of the cache drive merged in.

It is used when moving files from the cache drive to the protected disks.

Yep and it's disappeared a few times on me since beta10

Hi,

I am stucked witch ACPI S3 on Beta 10. (browsed now for hours the forum)

I have understood that

echo -n 3 > /proc/acpi/sleep is not working anymore in 5.xx

s2ram is not working starting beta4 as commented by Joe. Both packages are not available in unmeu 1.5 anymore

echo -n mem >/sys/power/state stops the server working

My mo-board is supporting S3 (by logfile).

So: what is the actual method to set the server in S3 mode? If any tools needed, where to get them?

Thanks for support

Maybe it was not a good idea to post on a Sunday... :-)

Is nobody using Sleep S3 mode on the current 5.10 b?

Hi,

I have understood that

s2ram is not working starting beta4 as commented by Joe. Both packages are not available in unmeu 1.5 anymore

So: what is the actual method to set the server in S3 mode? If any tools needed, where to get them?

Thanks for support

I don't think there are many people in general that use S3 Sleep, S2ram, etc.  They are either running 24/7 (like mine) or people just turn them off.

Hi,

I have understood that

Thanks for support

Does S1 sleep work?...

echo -n standby >/sys/power/state

S1 works for me on Beta9 (not tried it on Beta10 yet).  Although I can get into S3 sleep on Beta9 I don't use it as I can't get S3 to WOL.

Hi,

Very sad.  A search on the word "sleep" identified this post at the very top of the list of search results.

http://lime-technology.com/forum/index.php?topic=3657.msg31653#msg31653

Looks like lots of good info there.

Likely the reason you are not getting responses here is because these types of questions belong in the  General > User Customizations subforum, not in the announcement thread, which is supposed to be reserviced for issues with unRAID standard features related to a specific beta release.  If you can't find what you need in the link above, start a new thread in the  General > User Customizations subforum and you'll likely get a better response.

Hi,

Very sad.  A search on the word "sleep" identified this post at the very top of the list of search results.

http://lime-technology.com/forum/index.php?topic=3657.msg31653#msg31653

Looks like lots of good info there.

Likely the reason you are not getting responses here is because these types of questions belong in the  General > User Customizations subforum, not in the announcement thread, which is supposed to be reserviced for issues with unRAID standard features related to a specific beta release.  If you can't find what you need in the link above, start a new thread in the  General > User Customizations subforum and you'll likely get a better response.

Hey Hey Hey,

I found the thread you mentioned BEFORE and read it more than carefully and that thread and information belongs to 4.7 and none of those solutions works on 5.10b anymore. Its a 5.xx (after 5.04b) specific problem, so I think, I am in the right thread. So if you got it working in 5.xx a short answer would be helpful, if you do not use S3 sleep, it was the wrong answe from you.

Hey Hey Hey,

I found the thread you mentioned BEFORE and read it more than carefully and that thread and information belongs to 4.7 and none of those solutions works on 5.10b anymore. Its a 5.xx (after 5.04b) specific problem, so I think, I am in the right thread. So if you got it working in 5.xx a short answer would be helpful, if you do not use S3 sleep, it was the wrong answe from you.

No, actually you are in the wrong thread, please start another one somewhere else.

S3 Sleep, S1 sleep, s2ram ARE NOT supported features of unRAID so it is NOT an unRAID issue.  If you want to get S3, etc up and running it needs to be in the customization forum... where you found that thread.

No, actually you are in the wrong thread, please start another one somewhere else.

S3 Sleep, S1 sleep, s2ram ARE NOT supported features of unRAID so it is NOT an unRAID issue.  If you want to get S3, etc up and running it needs to be in the customization forum... where you found that thread.

OK, thats a valid answer. I thought, that functions (even unofficial), that worked in 4.7, and are not working in 5xxbeta anymore, are discussed in this thread. If thats not the case... I change the thread.

Thanks

OK, thats a valid answer. I thought, that functions (even unofficial), that worked in 4.7, and are not working in 5xxbeta anymore, are discussed in this thread. If thats not the case... I change the thread.

Thanks

Nope, only officially supported functions are supposed to be discussed in this thread.  That is the reason that the release notes always have a blurb in there that ALL addons should be disabled/uninstalled before updating.

I don't think there are many people in general that use S3 Sleep, S2ram, etc.  They are either running 24/7 (like mine) or people just turn them off.

One of the main reason's I switched to unRaid - the ability for it to power down drives after a set period - and power them back up when requested with only slight delay. Get the best of both worlds - power savings versus always available solution.

Shawn

I also noticed a couple of these errors in the syslog, any idea? Syslog is attached a few posts up

Aug  9 23:22:13 Tower kernel: ata5: sas eh calling libata port error handler (Errors)

That line is not actually an error, just an informational message being logged.  It is probably marked with '(Errors)' because it happens to have the word 'error' in it.  Syslog analysis is not up-to-date, and is not likely to ever be perfect, because each kernel and unRAID release will have new messages appearing, and requiring appropriate handling as to whether they are true errors or 'false positives'.  I would advise all users to use common sense when examining such lines, to determine whether it is really an error or not.  Of course, many syslog lines are rather cryptic, such as this one.  I would translate this message to be something like: "The error handler for the SAS support module is calling the error handler for the port".  To me, that seems like an indication of an immature driver, spitting out extra info for debug purposes.  Probably, a mature future version of the SAS module will drop this message.

What would be more interesting than this line would be the subsequent lines in the syslog, to see if either error handler reports anything.  I took a look at the syslog you attached above (not the same as the line you quote but probably very similar), and it seems as if the SAS support had to send a hard reset to each of the 3 drives on the SAS card, and each of these resets were preceded with the line you quoted, apparently calling the ports' error handler to issue the hard reset.  It is probably harmless, just something to live with for now.

Hi,

I have understood that

Thanks for support

I don't think there are many people in general that use S3 Sleep, S2ram, etc.  They are either running 24/7 (like mine) or people just turn them off.

I would be extremely surprised if anyone would be running them 24/7 given even my lowest power attempts draws at least 40W with my drives shut down, and I don't have additional cards!

S3 Sleep working perfectly here.

I would be extremely surprised if anyone would be running them 24/7 given even my lowest power attempts draws at least 40W with my drives shut down, and I don't have additional cards!

My server is on 24/7.  Maybe it is not always servering content but my cache drive NEVER spins down.  With Crashplan running I rarely get all my array disks spinning down either.

Well then, consider yourself extremely surprised. My server and desktops handle multiple responsibilities so they never power down except for hardware replacements. That's not to say that the hard drives don't idle or power down when unused.

My server is on 24/7 along with my desktop since the torrent client is on my PC. If the torrent client isn't running everything is sleeping.