[Plugin] FolderView

5 hours ago, danktankk said:

There is nothing to elaborate.  I have it working fine and admittedly, it is a very nice replacement.  I have everything as it should be and it was very easy to do so.  I even used the svg icons from the former plugin as well.  The plugins documentation was all I needed to get it to work as expected and it is also intuitively configured 'out of the box' to where I had minimal issues with configuring anything extra that I wanted.

You are 100% right that unraid, nor the maintainers of this plugin have anything to do with docker folders deprecation and it wouldn't matter anyway.  Complaining about free software from people that work hard to provide anything beneficial is not the best use of ones time to say the least.  It was late, I was tired and just hated checking "one last thing real quick" only to find i needed to "fix" yet another problem from doing nothing more than well.... nothing.  It still surprises me that you can literally do nothing and break your install for [insert linux distro here].  Thats just how linux is.  It's by design and I totally get it.  

That being said, I would just like to thank all here that have made this new plugin possible and also offer my sincere apologies for my momentary lapse in logical thought.  TL:DR  My bad lol

image.thumb.png.0353f5aab236d4fa297f9188ac2acaf4.png

It will need further refinement on my end to work for me, but I was able to do this in less than 15 minutes having never used this plugin before.  Well done on the ease of use!

Awesome! Glad you got it working for you! And hey, we've all been there. Thanks for being cool about it. 😊

• Thanks 1
32 minutes ago, DevanteWeary said:

Loving the plugin!!

Got a quest: what's the purpose of the CSS stuff?

What exactly can I customize with it?

Also, with it would it be possible to put a colored background circle around containers that are running or need updates?

Thank you so much!

You can do almost anything you want visually. I have some fairly extensive and customizable themes on GitHub. I don't think I have anything in there for background color and I'm not sure how we'd do a circle around it, but I can try to help you with it. I'll try to have a look at it tomorrow and see what I can come up with.

Edited by Mattaton
  • Like 1
11 hours ago, Mattaton said:

You can do almost anything you want visually. I have some fairly extensive and customizable themes on GitHub. I don't think I have anything in there for background color and I'm not sure how we'd do a circle around it, but I can try to help you with it. I'll try to have a look at it tomorrow and see what I can come up with.

Try this:

tr:has( > td:nth-of-type(2) > a) > td img {
    border: 10px solid green !important;
    border-radius: 100px;
}

.hand:has(+ span .started) > img {
    border: 10px solid orange;
}

image.png.61b94e4f3bff49fa42151b26e2a14088.png

Won't have perfect browser support given :has() and not the most elegant circle but gets the job done as a proof of concept

• Like 1
4 minutes ago, AngryPig said:

Try this:

tr:has( > td:nth-of-type(2) > a) > td img {
    border: 10px solid green !important;
}

border: 10px solid orange;
}

image.png.61b94e4f3bff49fa42151b26e2a14088.png

Won't have perfect browser support given :has() and not the most elegant circle but gets the job done as a proof of concept

Noice. Thanks! Would border-radius: 50% not work for some reason? That should make a circle even if the user has adjusted the icon size.

I was going to look at this today, but last night my server decided it wanted to misbehave. Can't even access it at all this morning. So, needless to say, my plans have changed. 😄 

I'll incorporate this as an option in my themes when I get a chance.

Edited by Mattaton
  • Thanks 1
37 minutes ago, Mattaton said:

Noice. Thanks! Would border-radius: 50% not work for some reason? That should make a circle even if the user has adjusted the icon size.

I was going to look at this today, but last night my server decided it wanted to misbehave. Can't even access it at all this morning. So, needless to say, my plans have changed. 😄 

I'll incorporate this as an option in my themes when I get a chance.

No worries! Good luck trying to fix your server 😓

Re. radius; 50% does work! It is just 4:30am hence the inelegant styling 😅 the main point was the selectors cause I figured you may have different approaches for the actual circle depending on your theme and variables 🙂

Edit:

I believe your style does not have dashboard(?) but it can also similarly be done for the dashboard like so

border: 10px solid green;
    border-radius: 50%;
}
.hand:has(+ span .blue-text) > img {
    border: 10px solid orange !important;
}

image.png.6fbedbc6b91d7eb42e823382c89a506c.png

Edited by AngryPig
Added more code
13 minutes ago, AngryPig said:

No worries!

Re. radius; 50% does work! It is just 4:30am hence the inelegant styling 😅 the main point was the selectors cause I figured you may have different approaches for the actual circle depending on your theme and variables 🙂

Edit:

I believe your style does not have dashboard(?) but it can also similarly be done for the dashboard like so

border: 10px solid green;
}
.hand:has(+ span .blue-text) > img {
    border: 10px solid orange !important;
}

image.png.6fbedbc6b91d7eb42e823382c89a506c.png

Cool, yeah, the selectors when trying to "hack" an existing layout after-the-fact is always fun. Trying to override existing styles with tighter specificity and all that good stuff. 🙂 

I haven't looked yet, but I may already have selectors for these items (or close to them) that don't need has()....maybe. 😄 

The styles I have on github do include the dashboard. I just have it all split up into several files so users can easily find the area they want to tweak or drop altogether. Thank goodness the CSS folks introduced custom properties. So nice for this sort of thing.

Thanks, bud! Now, go get yourself some sleep! 😄 

• Like 1
11 minutes ago, Nodiaque said:

I'm still trying to understand how I upload my png. Someone said put it on the usb then link it, but what would be the url then?

You can put the images anywhere you want. Anything you can browse to under shares (at least in how I tested it).

I just tested this...

I found an image in a share. I clicked on the image and it opened/previewed over the unRAID interface. I right-clicked the image and chose Open in new tab. Then copy the url of the image tab and paste it into the folder settings.

Edited by Mattaton
59 minutes ago, Nodiaque said:

I'm still trying to understand how I upload my png. Someone said put it on the usb then link it, but what would be the url then?

Anything that is on the /boot and /mnt (technically there is more, but for most people this is enough).

Anything under those paths is mapped 1:1 so what you see in the command line you can use in the image path.

In my case I have my images under /boot/config/plugins/folder.view/img/internal-services.svg

immagine.png.999c376daf98e680559413ac11e11be5.png

Here you can see what I mean.

• Like 1

any idea about this console error?  I see the folders on the Dashboard tab (imported from json), but on the docker tab I just see dockers, no folders and nothing happens when I click 'Add Folder`, and this error is thrown in the console:

Docker:3940 Uncaught ReferenceError: createFolderBtn is not defined
    at HTMLInputElement.onclick (Docker:3940:2)

edit: have tried removing the plugin and adding it again with a fresh config but I get the same error.  Happens with a clean install as well as after importing a json.

Edited by johnny2678
6 minutes ago, johnny2678 said:

any idea about this console error?  I see the folders on the Dashboard tab (imported from json), but on the docker tab I just see dockers, no folders and nothing happens when I click 'Add Folder`, and this error is thrown in the console:

Docker:3940 Uncaught ReferenceError: createFolderBtn is not defined
    at HTMLInputElement.onclick (Docker:3940:2)

The createFolderBtn function is defined inside the docker.js, you can check if it is loaded either by going to the network tab and searching for that or by looking thought the source of your docker page.

Hello,

First off all thank you for the plugin.

Ive installed it and setup my docker folders which worked perfect. After that i went to configure the VM's tab. When creating folder it doesn't show anything. furthermore in the settings i can see it created a folder:

image.thumb.png.5485b239d643ce605987e8cac505561d.png

But when looking at the VM tab:

image.thumb.png.fada33105b770aee9b35ae24389da260.png

I then tried to follow your instruction to type debug. it doesnt work on the VM tab. When i type it on the Docker page it does create a debugg download file.

It seems like the VM part is just not woring.

What i've tried:

1. Clearing VM.Conf

2. Deleting plugin and reinstalling it

All has no sucess on getting this to work.

18 minutes ago, Mirano said:

Hello,

First off all thank you for the plugin.

Ive installed it and setup my docker folders which worked perfect. After that i went to configure the VM's tab. When creating folder it doesn't show anything. furthermore in the settings i can see it created a folder:

image.thumb.png.5485b239d643ce605987e8cac505561d.png

But when looking at the VM tab:

image.thumb.png.fada33105b770aee9b35ae24389da260.png

I then tried to follow your instruction to type debug. it doesnt work on the VM tab. When i type it on the Docker page it does create a debugg download file.

It seems like the VM part is just not woring.

What i've tried:

1. Clearing VM.Conf

2. Deleting plugin and reinstalling it

All has no sucess on getting this to work.

Open the browser console, you should see an error, I need that.

2 minutes ago, scolcipitato said:

Order should be an array, you can try reordering at least one VM, then refresh the page, if this doesn't work run this in your browser console and send the output.

JSON.parse(await $.get('/plugins/folder.view/server/read_unraid_order.php?type=vm').promise())

Hey,

That didn't work, unfortunately. Here's the output of the code you've provided:

image.png.905364cd16396f730ae161b19ca447c9.png

9 minutes ago, scolcipitato said:

Order should be an array, you can try reordering at least one VM, then refresh the page, if this doesn't work run this in your browser console and send the output.

JSON.parse(await $.get('/plugins/folder.view/server/read_unraid_order.php?type=vm').promise())

Hello,

Im sorry it is working now! i did reorder them again and now it works! :)

image.thumb.png.94f434f8ba0c713350af7806498b602e.png

Thank you for the quick support :)

6 minutes ago, scolcipitato said:

Well, I was about pushing an update...
I'll do it just in case.

Oh i'm sorry. I did re-order it the first time you asked me to, it just didn't do anything. You can see in the Screenshot i was about to restart unraid (stopped VM's). Thought that might forced that reorder. 

Thank you for the help and for making this plugin! 

• Upvote 1