incorrect autostart order in Docker

furian
Go to solution Solved by DrBazUK,

i just noticed while trying to get fail2ban working (damn hard btw.. I could really use some help with fail2ban to work with authelia and nginx.. with docker)

There is a red dot showing the error: incorrect autostart order.. 

i dont know where i can check what the order should be then... 

this is my list as it is right now:

mariadb

redis

fail2ban

adguard-home

nginx

authelia

unifi-controller

adguard-sync

nextcloud

*arrs and downloaders

Screenshot 2023-10-12 141837.png

I was about to post the same question so was surprised to find it had been asked only a few hours ago.

I did a bit more digging and found the following information on this page: 

Relevant section:

AUTOSTART

With this plugin installed, you have to keep in mind that the order of the containers/vm might not be the actual order of the container, this is an issue with containers that are set to autostart.

The plugin checks what you see and the unraid order and shows if the order is the same with this icon .

If this icon is green like here means that the order you see is the same of unraid, if the icon is red this means that the unraid order is different.

To fix that you can simply reorder a folder or a container and then refresh the page, you will see that the icon is turned green.

I reordered a couple of containers, refreshed the page, and I'm now back to a green icon with "Correct autostart order". Hope this solves yours.

• Like 1
3 hours ago, Gunny said:

I have this as well, though it used to be a rocket ship icon I think

Yeah, sorry about that, I forgot to mention in the forum, but I put it in the changelog for the plugin, I changed it while testing, and at the end I stuck to it.

4 hours ago, furian said:

i just noticed while trying to get fail2ban working (damn hard btw.. I could really use some help with fail2ban to work with authelia and nginx.. with docker)

There is a red dot showing the error: incorrect autostart order.. 

i dont know where i can check what the order should be then... 

this is my list as it is right now:

mariadb

redis

fail2ban

adguard-home

nginx

authelia

unifi-controller

adguard-sync

nextcloud

*arrs and downloaders

Screenshot 2023-10-12 141837.png

To resolve this you simply reorder at lest one container in the docker tab and then refresh, after that you should see it green.

• Thanks 4
  • Upvote 1
On 10/20/2023 at 5:03 AM, DrBazUK said:

Same here... is there any easy way to determine what the start order *should* be?

Same here... as well as understanding what the effect will be if the autostart is out of order?

Edit: Followed the instructions in this post to fix it:

https://forums.unraid.net/topic/142782-plugin-folderview/?do=findComment&comment=1317005

Edited by exoexo
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...
22 minutes ago, bombsngravyb1 said:

So, no matter what I do I can't fix this ... The pentagon will turn green for a split second than go back to red.

Is there something else I'm missing ?

On 10/22/2023 at 7:25 PM, scolcipitato said:

Here is my answer, if you need any help with my plugin please post there, I tend to be more active there because I have notification active for that thread.

• 3 weeks later...
On 10/16/2023 at 11:31 AM, bobbintb said:

I reordered some and it still says the autostart is out of order.

On 10/19/2023 at 2:21 AM, jpslv said:

Same with me.

On 10/20/2023 at 4:03 AM, DrBazUK said:

Same here... is there any easy way to determine what the start order *should* be?

I was able to remove the container from the folder, move it below that folder (so it changes the unraid start order) then add it back to the folder.