[Support] Nodiaque - Gameserver docker

4 minutes ago, Bushibot said:

Might be worth adding some order of operation steps to the main post. I did read let the server create file first... 

Migration to proton:

Stop wine server

Adjust router port forward if new IP for proton server

Install proton server container (make sure you set a server password)

Allow Proton to run and complete install and start service

Stop proton server

copy savegame files from original directory to new directory overwriting existing

Start proton server, validate login and game state.

Any game, you should never copy over the savegame before the server is installed and at least ran once. That's a best practice cause it need to be initiated. Don't forget the server isn't installed inside the docker (thus initialize), it's downloaded and installed on first docker run.

Proton for now doesn't provide real improvement. For now, even on other thread, it's "hey look it's sooo much better" but then one to two day laters with more player, goign back to samething or worst. It was provided as experimental feature and will disappear when the linux native get release (which is announcement coming soon by the company).

Edited by Nodiaque
2 minutes ago, Nodiaque said:

Any game, you should never copy over the savegame before the server is installed and at least ran once. That's a best practice cause it need to be initiated. Don't forget the server isn't installed inside the docker (thus initialize), it's downloaded and installed on first docker run.

Proton for now doesn't provide real improvement. For now, even on other thread, it's "hey look it's sooo much better" but then one to two day laters with more player, goign back to samething or worst. It was provided as experimental feature and will disappear when the linux native get release (which is announcement coming soon by the company).

I hadn’t read that the dedicated Lennox one is coming, that’s great news! Maybe they’ll fix the rake bug at the same time 😃

2 hours ago, Ixz said:

Nodiaque,

First of all wanted to thank you for such great work, above and beyond.

Maybe interesting mod we might see implemented as well?

https://www.nexusmods.com/enshrouded/mods/21?tab=description

While waiting for some features from devs on admining server.

Sorry, I do not do mods. This is a path that you start and never ends. I don't get why an allowlist when you can simply use a password

• Like 1
1 hour ago, Twitchstick said:

Will an update be released for the most recent patch released today? I can't login to my dedicated server until it's been updated.

Thanks

Hello,

As per the documentation of the container, just restart and it will autoupdate.
image.png.1def3de66f1e76d5f6efb1ccb1559ba2.png

l am having a issue like a few others have posted, each morning about 5am the world resets and goes back to default.

the save game is 2KB in size and need to stop the server and restore the save game from backup.

Sometimes the json file also resets.

not sure what is causing it, l have reinstalled the docker and still get the same issue.

Only thing that can do that is the game itself. Very that your mapping are ok and also that your permission are ok. If you change the permission, the game could lose access and overwrite the files. Samething with the json. The only thing my docker do is install steam, install the game and copy over the config if the file is not found. Everything else is done by the game itself and I have no control over it.

Also, do not change anything while the server is running and be sure to let it initialize completely before stopping it and overwriting the files.

Check the log to see what happen at 5am.

I'm having trouble getting the enshrouded_proton server to list using the unraid docker.

The only config changes I made to the default settings is the server name/password.

Waited until the download was complete and restarted.

The enshrouded_server.log only has two issues.  One is not being able to find the file:

Z:/serverdata/serverfiles/enshrouded_server.krc.

a file enshrouded_server.krc__data exists though.

The message The Server is not VAC Secure is listed as well.

It is able to see the public ip of the router.

I do have the two udp ports forwarded.

TIA

Edited by Gurnsy
Additional info added

I can confirm that the Proton version of the DS runs better than the Wine setup, at least on my setup with 2-3 players.

With a AMD Ryzen 5 2400G and 32GB of RAM we had some server load warnings, rubberbanding and lag while using the Wine version.

Switching to Proton and everything plays flawless with 3 players.

Switched back to Wine to confirm and performance was worse again with only 2 players.

I guess on lower spec servers the Proton version runs better while on high end servers its maybe not so noticeable.

22 minutes ago, Gurnsy said:

I'm having trouble getting the enshrouded_proton server to list using the unraid docker.

The only config changes I made to the default settings is the server name/password.

Waited until the download was complete and restarted.

The enshrouded_server.log only has two issues.  One is not being able to find the file:

Z:/serverdata/serverfiles/enshrouded_server.krc.

a file enshrouded_server.krc__data exists though.

The message The Server is not VAC Secure is listed as well.

It is able to see the public ip of the router.

I do have the two udp ports forwarded.

TIA

Proton or wine version, they are both the same. Server browser is 100% game side. If player can join using direct play, it means your port are open. This is nothing I can do since it's server browser problem. We can see this type of behavior in various of other games. As long as your port are properly open, nothing can be done on our side. Check with steam browser instead of game browser.

VAC not secure is normal. Same with the krc file, it create it on run.

1 minute ago, Celmar said:

I can confirm that the Proton version of the DS runs better than the Wine setup, at least on my setup with 2-3 players.

With a AMD Ryzen 5 2400G and 32GB of RAM we had some server load warnings, rubberbanding and lag while using the Wine version.

Switching to Proton and everything plays flawless with 3 players.

Switched back to Wine to confirm and performance was worse again with only 2 players.

I guess on lower spec servers the Proton version runs better while on high end servers its maybe not so noticeable.

Your mileage may varies. Other said no difference (like me) even on low spec configuration. It's "emulation", will never be as good as native.

For anyone pulling their hair out after doing everything right.

The steam server browser can probably see your server on your LAN. ie Steam client:View/Game Servers. And can be used to "Favorite" the server.

You may need to query by LAN IP:Query port ie 192.168.0.20:15637.

You might need a buddy somewhere else to browse servers with the steam browser for it to show up over a public ip address/WAN.  Once i got a friend to do that everything was working and he was able to browse and join the server.

Once the server is Favorited it will appear in the Online Games list in game without need for the Steam server browser.

I'm not seeing any TCP based traffic being used so I'm only using the UDP forward 15636-15637.

Enshouded_Proton Docker being used in bridge mode.

Hope this is of some help.

Edited by Gurnsy
clarity
5 minutes ago, Gurnsy said:

For anyone pulling their hair out after doing everything right.

The steam server browser can probably see your server on your LAN. ie Steam client:View/Game Servers. And can be used to "Favorite" the server.

You may need to query by LAN IP:Query port ie 192.168.0.20:15637.

You might need a buddy somewhere else to browse servers with the steam browser for it to show up over a public ip address/WAN.  Once i got a friend to do that everything was working and he was able to browse and join the server.

Once the server is Favorited it will appear in the Online Games list in game without need for the Steam server browser.

I'm not seeing any TCP based traffic being used so I'm only using the UDP forward 15636-15637.

Enshouded_Proton Docker being used in bridge mode.

Hope this is of some help.

This is what was said multiple time in the thread to do. Also, the template use only udp port. 

1 minute ago, Nodiaque said:

This is what was said multiple time in the thread to do. Also, the template use only udp port. 

Agreed but there seems to be a broad stigma that TCP ports need to be forwarded as well.  So I mentioned it.

The mod is welcome to delete the post if they feel it's a negative to the signal:noise ratio,

Cheers

2 hours ago, Gurnsy said:

Agreed but there seems to be a broad stigma that TCP ports need to be forwarded as well.  So I mentioned it.

The mod is welcome to delete the post if they feel it's a negative to the signal:noise ratio,

Cheers

Don't know what I missed, didn't see anyone talking about TCP ports. Maybe in the first page when I said I wasn't sure which was on launch day.

14 minutes ago, Junker der Provinz said:

I have forwarded the ports but I can't add the server to favorites in Steam. It says, there is no server under the given address (192.168.1.4:15637).

I'm running the container in bridge mode but tried already br0 with a static IP. Does anyone has a hint for me how to get it working?

Screenshot 2024-02-11 221554.png

This log doesn't show a running server, it show a server that is currently downloading.

Edited by Nodiaque
18 minutes ago, Nodiaque said:

This log doesn't show a running server, it show a server that is currently downloading.

It wasn't the complete log. It's hard to make a screenshot because the log closes fast. Now this is the complete log. I think the server should be ready?

Screenshot 2024-02-11 224912.png

Edited by Junker der Provinz
4 minutes ago, Nodiaque said:

The server close fast? If the windows close it means it's restarting. Remove the extra param --restart-unless-stopped and see if it's stay up. You have have way more log than that, here we just have the backup daemon 

Unfortunately hasn't changed anything. After the log reaches following lines, the docker container stops.

Cant see game server using ether build in game browser or steam browser, I have tried pinging the ports and there is no response.

I can ping my unraid server ip fine but not the docker, I have tried stopping/Starting docker, rebooting unraid, and still nothing any help would be appreciated. Also there are no port conflicts as far as i can see.

C:\Users\mseat>ping 10.0.0.211:15636
Ping request could not find host 10.0.0.211:15636. Please check the name and try again.

C:\Users\mseat>ping 10.0.0.211:15637
Ping request could not find host 10.0.0.211:15637. Please check the name and try again.

C:\Users\mseat>ping 10.0.0.211

Pinging 10.0.0.211 with 32 bytes of data:
Reply from 10.0.0.211: bytes=32 time<1ms TTL=64

Ping statistics for 10.0.0.211:
    Packets: Sent = 4, Received = 4, Lost = 0 (0% loss),
Approximate round trip times in milli-seconds:
    Minimum = 0ms, Maximum = 0ms, Average = 0ms

Just now, mark seaton said:

Cant see game server using ether build in game browser or steam browser, I have tried pinging the ports and there is no response.

I can ping my unraid server ip fine but not the docker, I have tried stopping/Starting docker, rebooting unraid, and still nothing any help would be appreciated. Also there are no port conflicts as far as i can see.

C:\Users\mseat>ping 10.0.0.211:15636
Ping request could not find host 10.0.0.211:15636. Please check the name and try again.

C:\Users\mseat>ping 10.0.0.211:15637
Ping request could not find host 10.0.0.211:15637. Please check the name and try again.

C:\Users\mseat>ping 10.0.0.211

Pinging 10.0.0.211 with 32 bytes of data:

Ping statistics for 10.0.0.211:
    Packets: Sent = 4, Received = 4, Lost = 0 (0% loss),
Approximate round trip times in milli-seconds:
    Minimum = 0ms, Maximum = 0ms, Average = 0ms

You cannot ping the docker network. You can also not specify a port to ping, ping use its own port. 

Check the server log to be sure its currently running and not downloading. 

Check which network you took. Bridge? Host? Custom eth0? 

28 minutes ago, Junker der Provinz said:

It wasn't the complete log. It's hard to make a screenshot because the log closes fast. Now this is the complete log. I think the server should be ready?

and it's still running or the docker stopped? Is this the proton or wine version? For me, this is a server not loaded cause you should see the enshrouded log file in there. Check in the server folder for the log file and look what it says. This look like something that never started. Try starting from scratch, delete the folder, docker and image.

Edited by Nodiaque

Its in Bridge mode

root@Tower:~# docker ps
CONTAINER ID   IMAGE                                     COMMAND                  CREATED          STATUS                          PORTS                                                                                                                                     NAMES
d3d6abe41d10   nodiaque/steamcmd:enshrouded_proton       "/opt/scripts/start.…"   56 minutes ago   Up 4 minutes                    0.0.0.0:15636-15637->15636-15637/udp, :::15636-15637->15636-15637/udp                                                                     Enshrouded_Proton

image.thumb.png.abaccebd38ce4c78d8affbc93d938ed1.png

Logs.txt

1 minute ago, mark seaton said:

Its in Bridge mode

root@Tower:~# docker ps
CONTAINER ID   IMAGE                                     COMMAND                  CREATED          STATUS                          PORTS                                                                                                                                     NAMES
d3d6abe41d10   nodiaque/steamcmd:enshrouded_proton       "/opt/scripts/start.…"   56 minutes ago   Up 4 minutes                    0.0.0.0:15636-15637->15636-15637/udp, :::15636-15637->15636-15637/udp                                                                     Enshrouded_Proton

image.thumb.png.abaccebd38ce4c78d8affbc93d938ed1.png

Logs.txt 11.67 kB · 0 downloads

ah now we can see in this log that it's started and waiting