[PLUGIN] Intel iGPU SR-IOV - Support Page

20 hours ago, MiniRailG said:

Hi giganode, I wonder if your plugin still works under the latest 6.12.11? Thanx!

The plugin is already running on 7.0.0 beta 2 on a few systems. You should be good to go, but in case something happens or changes you still can downgrade to your previous version.

• Like 1
2 hours ago, giganode said:

The plugin is already running on 7.0.0 beta 2 on a few systems. You should be good to go, but in case something happens or changes you still can downgrade to your previous version.

WOW that is great to know! BTW I have installed your plugin under 6.12.11 and its running perfectly! I started a win11 vm and a debian 12.6 vm, both sriov work smoothly. Cant wait to upgrade to 7.0.0!

• Like 1

Hello,

What about this:

Product Family
Intel® Core™ Ultra processors (Series 1) (Formerly Known as Meteor Lake)

Graphics Virtualization Technology Supported
HW managed ATS (Address Translation Service) and OS managed ATS 

I have an ASUS NUC 14 Pro+ with Intel Core Ultra 9 185H.

Is it possible to get it work?

Thanks

32 minutes ago, rgreco said:

Is it possible to get it work?

as you answered yourself, its not sr-iov ... its a new standard from intel which is not supported by sr-iov ;)

so in short, no, we ll see if there will be another dev looking for that, but i wouldnt count on it in short term ...

• Thanks 1

Hi fellow Unraiders, can you help me out with this issue?

On 7/18/2024 at 1:11 PM, AnonStoormTrooper said:

Tienes razón, he reproducido una película HEVC 4k en una VM con una de estas GPU virtuales y el uso de CPU se dispara, mientras que la GPU en el administrador de tareas se queda al 0%. Es cierto que lo detecta, porque he podido instalar los drivers, pero no lo está utilizando.

¿Qué configuración debo realizar? Cuando marqué la casilla: "Vincular dispositivos seleccionados al controlador VFIO en el momento del arranque", lo hice siguiendo una publicación en uno de estos foros de UNRAID. ¿Sería suficiente desvincular eso?

I followed the instructions in this quote, which my colleague @alturismo told me to make an adjustment to, and when I did it, the vGPU no longer appears in Task Manager, and it appears with an error in Device Manager.

Captura_01.thumb.PNG.979b172ae3a97c0d3e69c4295e81c2c3.PNG

Captura_02.PNG.550adceef5065573abf327cebcd9d8aa.PNG

Captura_03.PNG.4c651cbd92b036a1b474c79669acbf50.PNG

Maybe  @ich777 as the plugin developer can help me with the correct configuration to have GPUs in multiple VMs?

When the option "Bind selected devices to the VFIO driver at boot time" was checked the GPU appeared correctly in all these sections, but it didn't seem to be working correctly when playing 4k content.

Many thanks to everyone in advance

Edited by AnonStoormTrooper
4 hours ago, AnonStoormTrooper said:

Maybe  @ich777 as the plugin developer can help me with the correct configuration to have GPUs in multiple VMs?

Sorry, but I'm not the right person to ask since I don't have any SR-IOV capable hardware.

30 minutes ago, AsahiZoe said:

Just like shown in the picture, you can see 5 PCI devices but only 4 drivers. The driver for the A750 (card1) is missing.

This is most likely caused because the SR-IOV driver (which this plugin uses) is based on a really old fork from the i915 driver which may not support your A750 right OOB without any additional options to pass over to the i915 module.

However I wouldn't bet on that since you haven't provided any Diagnostics it is really hard to say what's going on.

• Like 1
18 hours ago, AnonStoormTrooper said:

I followed the instructions in this quote, which my colleague @alturismo told me to make an adjustment to, and when I did it, the vGPU no longer appears in Task Manager, and it appears with an error in Device Manager.

the vgpu is there, but prolly errors out (code 43) when you look in the details on the igpu in device manager

may also check either this thread or the gihub, there is a recommended driver version (older) to get this error solved and the vgpu fully functional in the VM.

18 hours ago, AnonStoormTrooper said:

When the option "Bind selected devices to the VFIO driver at boot time" was checked the GPU appeared correctly in all these sections, but it didn't seem to be working correctly when playing 4k content.

and yes, not using vfio bind is the correct way ... here a sample with 2 vgpus (not bound and working as it should)

image.thumb.png.5a81fc37265ed1bf44d9f11fd2fe73dd.png

this is may not plug & play ... 

23 hours ago, AnonStoormTrooper said:

Hi fellow Unraiders, can you help me out with this issue?

Captura_01.thumb.PNG.979b172ae3a97c0d3e69c4295e81c2c3.PNG

Captura_02.PNG.550adceef5065573abf327cebcd9d8aa.PNG

Captura_03.PNG.4c651cbd92b036a1b474c79669acbf50.PNG

Many thanks to everyone in advance

Please try the following:

1. Use DDU to completely wipe everything relatet to intels gpu driver in your vm and shut it down.

2. Do a full shutdown of your server so a vgpu has not been initialized incorrectly prior to driver installation.

3. Install intels gpu driver on next vm boot.

18 minutes ago, Encore said:

does that mean, 14gen (i5 14500) SR-IOV is supported soon and i can finaly accelerating my VMs  ? ? :X 

Yes and no (no only because depends on how you define Soon™ and also don't forget that Unraid is now tied to the ZFS release cycle since ZFS needs to release a compatible version with Kernel 6.12 <- please note that ZFS supports currently only Kernel 6.8.x where 6.10.2 is the latest stable Kernel version, so to speak it could take some time).

• Like 2
28 minutes ago, ich777 said:

Yes and no (no only because depends on how you define Soon™ and also don't forget that Unraid is now tied to the ZFS release cycle since ZFS needs to release a compatible version with Kernel 6.12 <- please note that ZFS supports currently only Kernel 6.8.x where 6.10.2 is the latest stable Kernel version, so to speak it could take some time).

so i will trade my 14500 for an 13gen...

cant wait years for support (until ZFS supports kernel 6.11/6.12 :/

13 gen vs 14 gen , no mutch i will loose, right?

Edited by Encore

image.thumb.png.6cec75fb1ae538f9b0b57b344229afda.png

eeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee

@ich777

just tryd now with latest bios update

since 30 minutes - all working fine, no magical removed gpu on host system 😮

latest stable unraid, i5 14500 

ASUSTeK COMPUTER INC. PRIME B760M-A , Version Rev 1.xx
American Megatrends Inc., Version 1661

and i deactivated HD AUDIO + console ports etc  on mainboard, powerlimit set to 65W and some fan adjustments, nothing fancy more

Edit:

Stays stable until i shutdown the VM - after that, GPU disapears.

if vm is running -> all good 😮 STRANGE

image.thumb.png.eb69be289790d144bffc9469f5ac361e.pngimage.png.1bb15e18d4f011e21b5f459b0e42fab8.png

image.png.35677bf49c449a6a86337e1a5acd9c23.png

image.png

Edited by Encore

Issue: iGPU show code 43 error after enabling <feature policy='disable' name='hypervisor'/> in xml file

System:

Unraid 6.12.11, Windows 11 23h2

i5-13500 with b660 motherboard (enabled both iGPU and dGPU)

1st GPU: RTX 4070ti super (Primary, with display attached)

2nd GPU: Intel UHD 770 (Only used for codec)

Description:

It worked perfectly until I need to hide VM status on windows to play certain games that detect VM. 

I followed this guide https://forums.unraid.net/topic/127639-easy-anti-cheat-launch-error-cannot-run-under-virtual-machine/

However, as soon as I add <feature policy='disable' name='hypervisor'/>, iGPU disappear from task manager, show code 43, and can not be used anymore.

I use iGPU for OBS video capture encoding, and the primary nvidia gpu is not affected and still work. 

Things I tried:

1. Disable and re-enable iGPU stop code 43 on device manager, but iGPU still won't show on task manager and I can not use the iGPU. Do a restart, and code 43 will appear again.

2. Change to a different vGPU (02.3 to 02.4) does not work

3. Delete <feature policy='disable' name='hypervisor'/> from xml will allow iGPU to work again, but I need that line.

4. Upgrading intel gpu driver from windows update does not resolve it

5. I don't see any error on vm log

6. Updating unraid from 6.12.10 to 11 does not resolve it.

32 minutes ago, nyavana said:

3. Delete <feature policy='disable' name='hypervisor'/> from xml will allow iGPU to work again, but I need that line.

that will be a tuff one ... i guess there is not much you can do about it ...

luckily Nvidia opened VM usage a few years ago and we dont have these issues there anymore

but may a question about your usecase ... you are aware that your Nvidia card has nvenc and can parallel be used for your obs streaming ... which shouldn't affect your Gaming anyhow ... 

or am i wrong here ? ;)

14 hours ago, alturismo said:

that will be a tuff one ... i guess there is not much you can do about it ...

luckily Nvidia opened VM usage a few years ago and we dont have these issues there anymore

but may a question about your usecase ... you are aware that your Nvidia card has nvenc and can parallel be used for your obs streaming ... which shouldn't affect your Gaming anyhow ... 

or am i wrong here ? ;)

Thanks for the reply. I have been trying debugging this in the past days and got no luck.

The unraid rig runs as a headless server for cloud gaming using Parsec. My nvidia GPU will drop frame when streaming Parsec and recording OBS at the same time, but at least I can switch between <feature policy='disable' name='hypervisor'/> with a reboot.

Right now, I might just use the cloud gaming client to record my sessions.

2 minutes ago, nyavana said:

My nvidia GPU will drop frame when streaming Parsec and recording OBS at the same time,

ok, so besides the gaming itself its 2x streaming encoding

thanks for the Info, i d have thought it still shouldnt affect as the 4070 ti S has 2x nvenc's onboard

image.thumb.png.bee74f7015c767dae334b6faa41c9a4b.png

too bad ...

7 minutes ago, alturismo said:

ok, so besides the gaming itself its 2x streaming encoding

thanks for the Info, i d have thought it still shouldnt affect as the 4070 ti S has 2x nvenc's onboard

image.thumb.png.bee74f7015c767dae334b6faa41c9a4b.png

too bad ...

This is exactly the reason I brought 4070ti super instead of 4070 super, but it seems like nvidia has some driver scheduling issue that despite encoding usage < 80% from task manager, I still get frame pacing issue that creates constant micro stutter.

It happens with my tesla p100 as well, I guess even the latest nvenc are not designed for high framerate multistream encoding. 

• Like 1
  • 1 month later...

Hi, does anybody have some success with i7-11800H and UHD graphics?

I migrate my Unraid server from i7-7700 on some HP board to a Erying SKYLINE HM570 ITX with i7-11800H (overall performance is outstanding compare to old CPU).

After that Intel-GVT-g plugin stop working because of incompatible processor so I've switch to SR-IOV but now i have an issue when I thy to add VF nothing happened in GUI and after reboot anytime when I click on SR-IOV plugin whole system hang up, Unraid GUI is unresponsive, putty refuse to connect, local console (keyboard an monitor) don't work.

Only thing that I can do is force reset server and then the plugin is missing in my plugin list. I don't see any errors on logs.

In this list: https://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/support/articles/000093216/graphics/processor-graphics.html I see that Tiger Lake (without "H") processor is not supported nor in GVT-g nor in SR-IOV, i7-11800H is Tiger Lake-H but I cannot find any info which GPU virtualization I should use to have acceleration in my Windows VM's.
Any help? 🥺

P.S.

Tested in Unraid 6.12.13 stable and 7.0.0-beta.2 in both cases the same issue.

In BIOS all this mumbojumbo magical options like intel VT-d VTX and many else is on.

host info.png

IOMMU.png

plugin.png

grep i915.png

lspci.png

Edited by Hastur
adding two more screenshots
On 9/4/2024 at 12:43 PM, Hastur said:

Hi, does anybody have some success with i7-11800H and UHD graphics?

I migrate my Unraid server from i7-7700 on some HP board to a Erying SKYLINE HM570 ITX with i7-11800H (overall performance is outstanding compare to old CPU).

After that Intel-GVT-g plugin stop working because of incompatible processor so I've switch to SR-IOV but now i have an issue when I thy to add VF nothing happened in GUI and after reboot anytime when I click on SR-IOV plugin whole system hang up, Unraid GUI is unresponsive, putty refuse to connect, local console (keyboard an monitor) don't work.

Only thing that I can do is force reset server and then the plugin is missing in my plugin list. I don't see any errors on logs.

In this list: https://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/support/articles/000093216/graphics/processor-graphics.html I see that Tiger Lake (without "H") processor is not supported nor in GVT-g nor in SR-IOV, i7-11800H is Tiger Lake-H but I cannot find any info which GPU virtualization I should use to have acceleration in my Windows VM's.
Any help? 🥺

P.S.

Tested in Unraid 6.12.13 stable and 7.0.0-beta.2 in both cases the same issue.

In BIOS all this mumbojumbo magical options like intel VT-d VTX and many else is on.

host info.png

IOMMU.png

plugin.png

grep i915.png

lspci.png

I have this board as well... nothing you can do to make it work

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
On 9/4/2024 at 8:24 PM, alturismo said:

11th gen CPU's are not supported with sr iov graphics, only networking sr iov ...

so, until 10th gvt-g, 12th up sr-iov, 111th ... bad choice ...

True, when I planed to migrate my homelab servers I focus too much on 3D printed cases and dimensions of components than about hardware quirks, also summer sales on Erying and mobo for 190$ mess with my thinking. ;)  My bad.

13 hours ago, giganode said:

I have this board as well... nothing you can do to make it work

Thank You, thats all what I need to hear. Fortunately raw performance of this CPU is more than enough for my VM's so i can live without SR-IOV. Maybe in the future i pick some ITX mobo with 13th gen.

• 2 weeks later...
1 minute ago, ars92 said:

Just to confirm, SR IOV doesn't make it possible to use the iGPU with Docker containers (example Plex for HW transcoding) and also multiple VMs passthrough, at the same time correct? We have to choose either one?

That’s the whole point of sriov. You don’t pass through the whole device to a vm anymore. You can use it to power docker and virtual machines at the same time. 

but keep in mind that this plugin is soon to be not working anymore with future OS/Kernel updates. There is quite some work to be done.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1