Unraid Connect: Failed to Sync Flash Backup

Go to solution Solved by ljm42,

Hello,

first, apologies but I cannot post in the Unraid Connect subforum, even though I am logged with the same Unraid.net account in my server.

image.png.32f9a9daaf3bdb1941f02cfee36ac36a.png

From today I noticed this. I already tried:

• to deactivate and reactivate the flash backup (without deleting old backups)
  • sign out from unraid.net, restart the unraid api, sign in again
  • rebooted the whole server
  • ssh -v -T [email protected] command shows no issues (Unraid Flash Backup should have no issues connecting. Goodbye)

• If I clic on "Changes" button, it shows a blank window

• In Unraid Connect dashboard, my server is visible (so no connection issues with connect servers)

I can create local flash backups without issue, but the online flash backup doesn't work.

How I solve this? I changed nothing in my server.

Thank you!

• Like 2

Having exact same issue. On latest release and getting same message of 'Failed to Sync Backup'. This seems to have been an issue for many going back to 2022 and here we are in mid-2024. Can someone from the Lime Tech please explain how to resolve this as of now because all the previous posts about resolving it don't work. Or if someone else has a clue on how to fix this then please advise.

• Like 3

@ljm42 This is still not working for me. In some ways it’s worse as before I could deactivate and reactivate even if the back up was failing. Now it does nothing. Can’t deactivate or back up. Tried logging out and back in to Connect and that didn’t do it. Stuck. Can you help?

1 hour ago, misterwiggles said:

@ljm42 This is still not working for me. In some ways it’s worse as before I could deactivate and reactivate even if the back up was failing. Now it does nothing. Can’t deactivate or back up. Tried logging out and back in to Connect and that didn’t do it. Stuck. Can you help?

Let's see if slowing things down helps. Deactivate, wait 30 minutes. Reload the page one time. Wait 1 minute. Press the Activate button one time then don't press anything for 10 minutes. Reload the page, wait 5 minutes. If the status is activated but not up to date, press Update one time and wait 5 minutes. Has it stabilized at this point?

• 4 weeks later...

I was also getting the same error, followed by "Unable to connect to backup.unraid.net:22"

Then I noticed the public key my new Unraid server has is different than the one my old server had.

What worked for me was:

1. Deactivate the Flash Backup

2. Remove all entries for backup.unraid.net from ~/.ssh/config, or delete the file if that's the only server in it

3. Delete ~/.ssh/unraidbackup_id_ed25519

4. Delete ~/.ssh/unraidbackup_id_ed25519.pub

5. Delete all lines containing backup.unraid.net from ~/.ssh/known_hosts

6. Reactivate Flash Backups

It seems only then it fetches/creates the new public keys. That resolved the issue.

@ljm42 tagging you here because this might be the key to fixing this for good.

Edited by andrebrait