Transmission Plugin for UnRaid v5b11+

I deleted the 2.76 file reference and added this to the .plg file.

<FILE Name="/boot/packages/transmission-2.82-i686-1PTr.txz" Run="upgradepkg --install-new">
<URL>--no-check-certificate https://copy.com/8Zye0EQw7L6sy72K/unrad-generic/transmission-2.82-i686-1PTr.txz</URL>
<MD5>e4ee16ff27d8a591cda0c958489855cd</MD5>
</FILE>

I did a manual install and it failed with a bad MD5. So I just deleted the MD5 and it installed and Transmission 2.82 is working on my testbox.

Will bad things happen? I really don't know the ramifications of deleting the checksum, if the file downloaded without it, why did it need the md5 in the first place?

The checksum for that file is:

dd0dd5241c9b326c606f9c8497d87a38

• Replies 188
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

I'm hoping someone can help. I used to have transmission setup and enabled on reboot via the Package Manager in Unmenu. Recently I restarted the unraid box and transmission didnt restart. I checked Unmenu and the package was showing as installed and enabled upon reboot.

I have messed aorund with it for ages and ended up deleting the packages from the packages folder. I grabbed the the package from Ockingshay's post below and put into the packages folder. I ran installpkg and it said installed successfully. However, I cannt see Transmission is running (its not accessible on the default port nor the ports I had configured previously)

I've never used the influencer unplugged version of Transmission as I could never get it to retain the username and password for remote access, and the unmenu one worked perfectly. Now I have just tried Influencers plg and it fails to install with  a whole series of the following:

"Warning: Simplexml_load_file(): in /usr/local/sbin/installplg on line 13 and "Warning: simplexml_load_file(): transmission_unplugged.plg:1301: parser error : Premature end of data in tag html line 7 in /usr/local/sbin/installplg on line 13"

I guess this isnt enough detail. Im running 5.0RC12a. Im not sure which log if any is of use for this particular issue but can post if needed. Everyhting else running AOK - SAB, SB, CP etc

Can anyone assist me with the best way to have transmission installed, and starting on reboot?

Thanks  :)

"Warning: Simplexml_load_file(): in /usr/local/sbin/installplg on line 13 and "Warning: simplexml_load_file(): transmission_unplugged.plg:1301: parser error : Premature end of data in tag html line 7 in /usr/local/sbin/installplg on line 13"

These simplexml_load_file errors are usually the result of an incorrect download. Often people go to github and download the webpage that displays the code, instead of the actual code. Scroll to the bottom of influencer's github page and use that link instead.

Yeah I did try that, did the right-click save as thing, and put the plg in the plugins folder. In the end I just used the wget command and it resolved it so clearly there was something wrong with the plg I was trying to use.

Does anyone know how to password protect Influencers 'unplugged' Transmission version?

• 3 months later...

I deleted the 2.76 file reference and added this to the .plg file.

<FILE Name="/boot/packages/transmission-2.82-i686-1PTr.txz" Run="upgradepkg --install-new">
<URL>--no-check-certificate https://copy.com/8Zye0EQw7L6sy72K/unrad-generic/transmission-2.82-i686-1PTr.txz</URL>
<MD5>e4ee16ff27d8a591cda0c958489855cd</MD5>
</FILE>

I did a manual install and it failed with a bad MD5. So I just deleted the MD5 and it installed and Transmission 2.82 is working on my testbox.

Will bad things happen? I really don't know the ramifications of deleting the checksum, if the file downloaded without it, why did it need the md5 in the first place?

The checksum for that file is:

dd0dd5241c9b326c606f9c8497d87a38

Can someone tell me what program I can use to edit the .plg  file (Win 7 or Mac) so I can change the checksum and then install it manually?

Thanks,

• 4 months later...

I know this is an old thread. I've wanted to upgrade from 2.76 to 2.82 but I cannot figure it out. IF i place the 2.82 file in the appropriate folder, renaming 2.76 to .old, transmission will start. But it shows as 2.76 in transmission WEB UI. If I download the updated .plg from unplugged's git, install from command, it gives errors and transmission will not start. Can somebody point me in the right direction please?

I know this is an old thread. I've wanted to upgrade from 2.76 to 2.82 but I cannot figure it out. IF i place the 2.82 file in the appropriate folder, renaming 2.76 to .old, transmission will start. But it shows as 2.76 in transmission WEB UI. If I download the updated .plg from unplugged's git, install from command, it gives errors and transmission will not start. Can somebody point me in the right direction please?

Delete the plg you are using now and replace it with PhAzE transmission plg available in this subforum. It will auto download 2.84 without any issue.

• 1 month later...

Delete the plg you are using now and replace it with PhAzE transmission plg available in this subforum. It will auto download 2.84 without any issue.

Please can you post a link to the plugin?, because I have one that download 2.82 and not 2.84.

Thanks.

http://lime-technology.com/forum/index.php?topic=33341.0

It will download 2.84 if you're on unraid 5. But unraid 6 is still stuck on 2.82,unless you use a docker.