Unraid OS version 6.12.11 available

On 7/23/2024 at 7:09 PM, bombz said:

FYI:
Noticed on two running instances:
Instance 01 - does not populate 6.12.11 update available in banner + update assistant does not detect 6.12.11 new version<6.12.10 detected as latest>

Instance 02 - does populate 6.12.11 update available in banner + update assistant does not detect 6.12.11 new version. <6.12.10 detected as latest>

Thanks for all the hard work over the years!

Any word on update assistant seeking the latest version? 
I understand manual intervention will work successfully... was curious if the dev-team was aware?

Thank you.

image.thumb.png.08fe1e6aca43184f6b9944d2090ecd6c.png

1 hour ago, bombz said:

Any word on update assistant seeking the latest version? 

Update assistant isn't part of unraid, it's third-party (provided by the Fix Common problems plugin). Maybe post in that plugin's support thread.

Edited by Kilrah
  • Like 1
  • 2 weeks later...

Updated from 6.10.3 > 6.12.10 > 6.12.11 just fine. The 6.10 to 6.12 update complained about the plugins I had that were not up to date (because they were on the last version that supported 6.10) and ones that were incompatible with the new version (ZFS plugins and nerdpack). After removing the incompatible plugins, I proceeded to update with VMs and Dockers disabled, the array spun down and set to not auto-start. Went well, then I could update the out of date plugins. I had to change from MACVLAN to IPVLAN for the dockers. Also had to setup my existing ZFS pool as a new UNRAID pool. The shares that were imported from my ZFS pool were incorrect as they were set to use the main array instead of only the new ZFS pool. After that quick change, things were working as they did in 6.10.3.

For whatever reason, the 6.12.11 update would not show up for me so I had to use the .plg link to manually update (https://stable.dl.unraid.net/unRAIDServer.plg).

• Upvote 1

I updated 3 weeks ago no issues.
just wonder how much longer till 7.0 is in RC status. I'm looking forward to not having the array start and Also the new ZFS options. I hope I can import my existing and add a SLOG to my current zfspool etc...

Still mainly waiting for OpenZFS to officially support newer Kernels, unraid 7 is on 6.8.x, OpenZFS officially supports up to 6.9.x now, but 6.8 and 6.9 are officially EOL so we need to move to 6.10+

Technically we could see a move to 6.9.x for another U7 beta, since OpenZFS 2.2.5 only just came out with support for that, but it is still EOL so 6.10+ is better, but I think it's just going to be a while of waiting before a proper release.

on the upside, a longer beta period means a more stable release!