VPN With ddwrt

Mailman74

I installed dd-wrt on my router and set up the VPN like I read. I went into services and enabled VPN server. I made a username and password.

I try connecting with my android phone and enter the router ip and username/password but have no luck connecting. Are there more settings that I need to fix? I want to figure this out before I leave for vacation this weekend so any help would be great.

I installed dd-wrt on my router and set up the VPN like I read. I went into services and enabled VPN server. I made a username and password.

I try connecting with my android phone and enter the router ip and username/password but have no luck connecting. Are there more settings that I need to fix? I want to figure this out before I leave for vacation this weekend so any help would be great.

When you say you are entering the router IP what IP are you entering?  is it a 192.168.X.X number or the external IP of your house?

You need to be using the external IP.  You can find that out usually in your router or by going to whatismyip.com

I use a dynamic dns service on my router (should be able to set one up through your ddwrt router).  The dynamic dns service will update every time your external IP address changes.

• 4 weeks later...

OK so no luck with getting my router to work with DDWRT. I had a very good IT guy remote in to my pc and router and he had no luck getting it to work. What are my other options to get a vpn server up and running at my house? I would like to be able to access my network remotely with my android phone and over the internet.

Thanks

Speaking of which, anyone know of a good guide for setting up a VPN?  I have so many things (unRaid files, SABnzbd/sickbeard, ftp, vnc, etc..) I'd like to be able to access from both my phone and other computers, but haven't found a good guide explaining it all...

Hello,

Please take a look here but have in mind that additional CPU horse power (from the router side) are needed for a smooth streaming performance. In the near past I used to have this type of configuration based on a WRT54gl router and the streaming of video files was almost impossible. Once i changed the router with a routerboard the level of joy increased dramaticaly.

• 3 months later...

Don't see why you cannot unless they filter it.

I enable PPTP, specify a range of IPs for road warriors the setup the user/chaps:

* joe * dirty pass *

Though You may not need the stating * or ending * - I forget. Get a cheap super micro and out vyatta, Pfsense or OpenRouter on it. Blammo

Don't see why you cannot unless they filter it.

I enable PPTP, specify a range of IPs for road warriors the setup the user/chaps:

* joe * dirty pass *

Though You may not need the stating * or ending * - I forget. Get a cheap super micro and out vyatta, Pfsense or OpenRouter on it. Blammo

You don't use the starting *, you need the ending (it has to be username<space><star><space>password<space><star>; joe * dirtypass *)