Tvheadend plugin for unRAID V5.0

Hi

this is latest version of TVHeadend after rewrite

https://copy.com/FYthOCz1KFsA2ZHJ (tvheadend-20131221-i686-1PTr.txz)

and oscam (becuase is many changes in campt witch only work with higher version from 9095)

https://copy.com/HZAMoLgsIGAjVj4s (oscam-1.20-unstable_svn9131-i486-slackware-linux)

enjoy ;)

How can i install this oscam-1.20-unstable_svn9131-i486-slackware-linux

I'm scratching my head here. Just built my own kernel with media tree and HDHomerun support (5.0.0) Userhdhomerun working as well. Now want to install oscam. From source i get so many compile errors on dependencies (e.g. APR-UTIL) that im currently in an endless chain of dependency issues. Compiling APR-UTIL gives me compile errors as well..etc..

So i thought..lets use Piotr's file..no clue what to do with it. Its not a package, or compressed.. ?! The lack of a file extension doesn't help :( Trying to find a pre-built slack package but no luck there either.Figured it out..will post it once i'm done configuring oscam.

edit: manage to at least start oscam but no matter what build i use it continues to raise access errors on /tmp/ as well as my smargo reader (/dev/ttyUSB0 in my case). I've tried adapting a million ways , e.g. point the executable to the right config folder, change permission, but it doesn't seem to improve anything. Unbelievable..when i went into this journey i thought getting the kernel compiled and hdhomerun to work would be the problematic part..turns out its OSCAM :S

• Replies 983
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Hey everyone.

Since running tvheadend without a real plugin installed is a real pain (need to modify go script, stopping the array takes forever, etc) I decided to adapt WW's plg file to work with the latest and greatest. I don't know if it is free of bugs - it works for me. Give me feedback and I will do my best to fix  :D

I stripped the XMLTV and the BZ-file download ability for simplicity so you still have to update your BZROOT and BZIMAGE files yourself BUT: You don't need to download tvheadend.txz, you don't need to edit your go file and (the best part) you don't have to kill tvheadend in order to stop the array  ;)

To give it a try, remove the txz package from your /boot/extra directory and remove the start line from your go script. Then install:

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/17326625/tvheadend-0.5.plg

Credit for creating tvheadend pack goes to piotrasd.

Credit for original plg file goes to WW.

This is still possible if you want the old stable Tvheadend version.

Additionally, I created a new plg: https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/17326625/tvheadend-0.6.plg which downloads the newer tvheadend pack containing the rewrite. PLEASE BACK UP AND DELETE YOUR CONFIG FIRST!

Happy Holidays :)

Hey, how do you add iptv channels in your version? In the old we had on top IPTV icon.

Tnx

HDHOMERUN TVHeadend Guide

For all future HDHomerun Users, please follow these steps to configure your network tuner with TVHeadend.

So after a couple of weeks I finally worked out how to do it, after reading way too many threads and listening to the advise in this thread.

What you will need:

Reginald's unRAID v5.0rc12a: which includes the hdhomerun linux driver and also the realtek nic driver which like me, you may not even need but doesnt cause any issue's. Important to note, this version is the latest at the time of writing and in future Reginald may keep releasing re-compiled kernals. http://goo.gl/ByxtR

piotrasd's TVHeadend Package repository: You can pick up the latest tvheadend file from here, thanks Piotrasd. https://app.dumptruck.goldenfrog.com/p/Vq3zpArAKB

Pinch userhdhomerun file: Attached to this post - the reason this is required is because there is an issue with Reginalds kernal where on loading unraid it doesnt copy the userhdhomerun file to /usr/bin/userhdhomerun making it impossible to load the driver.

My config file: Attached to this post -  this is needed to assign your adapter type whether its DVB-T etc - please edit this file with your adapter before using it.

Steps

HDHomerun Setup in Windows, important to note... set this to Main Application: Other DVD-T/DVD-C depending on your country. For Australia its DVD-T.

Once this is done, click Apply and then we can proceed.

1) Install Reginalds RC12a bzimage and bzroot files by replacing the ones on your /boot USB. Make sure you replace these.

2) Get piotrasd's tvheadend .txz and place the downloaded .txz in your /boot/extra directory, you can either restart your unraid build or to keep the current session open, just telnet to your unraid and use 'installpkg $FILE'. Tip: any .txz file in /boot/extra directory will get installed on every boot.

3) Create a 'DATADIR', for example '/mnt/cache/unraid/tvheadend' and give 'nobody' full permissions (chown -R nobody:users $DATADIR). so the full command is...

chown -R nobody:users /mnt/cache/unraid/tvheadend

4) Run the following command to create an admin user: echo "{ \"username\": \"admin\", \"password\": \"admin\" }" > $DATADIR/superuser. so the full command is...

echo "{ \"username\": \"admin\", \"password\": \"admin\" }" > /mnt/cache/unraid/tvheadend/superuser

5) Create a directory on your flash usb drive, so its /boot/custom within the custom directory place the userhdhomerun and dvbhdhomerun files.

6) Edit the dvbhdhomerun only using notepad++ or similiar application. Within the windows hdhomerun setup applications, you will find you tuner name under Tuners. It will look like this... 1110B572-0 / 1110B572-1.

You need to edit the dvbhdhomerun as below, my file is your template. Also choose your DVB-T etc

[1110BXXX-0]
tuner_type=DVB-T
[1110BXXX-1]
tuner_type=DVB-T

7) Once you have done above, you will need to edit your /boot/config/go file.

This is my full go file and exactly how it looks...

#!/bin/bash
# Start the Management Utility
/usr/local/sbin/emhttp &

cd /boot/packages && find . -name '*.auto_install' -type f -print | sort | xargs -n1 sh -c

ln -s /boot/custom/userhdhomerun /usr/bin/userhdhomerun
ln -s /boot/custom/dvbhdhomerun /etc/dvbhdhomerun
modprobe dvb_hdhomerun && sleep 10 && /usr/bin/userhdhomerun &

sleep 20 && sudo -u root tvheadend -c /mnt/cache/unraid/tvheadend -u root -g video -f 2>&1 >/dev/null

8) Restart your unraid build and everything should be working ok.

You should be able to go to http://$SERVERIP:9981 and login with admin/admin or whatever credentials you chose above.

If you want to make sure everything is loading on boot.

Telnet to your unraid and run lsmod command and it should show...

root@SERVER:~# lsmod
Module                  Size  Used by
dvb_hdhomerun           9198  4
dvb_core               66190  1 dvb_hdhomerun
dvb_hdhomerun_fe        4642  1 dvb_hdhomerun
dvb_hdhomerun_core      1720  2 dvb_hdhomerun,dvb_hdhomerun_fe

If you run dmesg, you should see this.

hdhomerun: userhdhomerun connected
hdhomerun: creating dvb device for 1110BXXX-0
DVB: registering new adapter (HDHomeRun)
DVB: registering adapter 0 frontend 0 (HDHomeRun DVB-T)...
HDHomeRun0: DVB Frontend registered
HDHomeRun0: Registered DVB adapter0
hdhomerun: device /dev/hdhomerun_data0 created
hdhomerun: creating dvb device for 1110BXXX-1
DVB: registering new adapter (HDHomeRun)
DVB: registering adapter 1 frontend 0 (HDHomeRun DVB-T)...
HDHomeRun1: DVB Frontend registered
HDHomeRun1: Registered DVB adapter1
hdhomerun: device /dev/hdhomerun_data1 created

Please ask if your stuck or need any help.

Thanks to the following people:

Reginald

piotrasd

Pinch

TorchRedRob

spylex

Mettbrot

I've given up on tvheadend.  Tried these instructions and cannot get tvheadend to work. Decided to setup unRAID as just a NAS. I'm going to build a Ubuntu back end on a different machine and put Plex and other plugins on it.

I've given up on tvheadend.  Tried these instructions and cannot get tvheadend to work. Decided to setup unRAID as just a NAS. I'm going to build a Ubuntu back end on a different machine and put Plex and other plugins on it.

Once unRAID v6 is out of beta you might be able to setup an Ubuntu VM and do this directly on the unRAID box if it is Virtualization compatible.  You might be able to do it now if you don't mind using an unRAID beta.

Once unRAID v6 is out of beta you might be able to setup an Ubuntu VM and do this directly on the unRAID box if it is Virtualization compatible.  You might be able to do it now if you don't mind using an unRAID beta.

I read one thread here with the idea of setting up a OpenELEC VM and using it's TVHeadEnd-friendliness to get TVHE running. Just sayin'  ;D

Hi,

i am running an unraid server with vdr as a server. I stream the channels and recordings to an openelec machine. Now i am reading about the new 64 Bit unraid and planning to change my system. I want to run unraid seperate as host and vdr in a vm as a guest. But i am a really noob in the virtually thing and have a couple of questions:

My Unraid-System is now:

ASRock B75 Pro3-M

Intel Celeron G1610

Networked-attached DVB-C Tuner (HDHomerun)

1. Is it possible that unraid and the vdr use the same network card or do i need install an seperate one for vdr?

2. Can vdr use the usershare from unraid or does it need an separate HD?

3. Is this system capable for the things i want to do: Intel Core i5-4430 +ASUS H87I-Plus?

4. How much ram do i need therefore? Are 8 GB enough?

Thank you very much!

Peter

i am running an unraid server with vdr as a server. I stream the channels and recordings to an openelec machine. Now i am reading about the new 64 Bit unraid and planning to change my system. I want to run unraid seperate as host and vdr in a vm as a guest. But i am a really noob in the virtually thing and have a couple of questions:

My Unraid-System is now:

ASRock B75 Pro3-M

Intel Celeron G1610

1. Is it possible that unraid and the vdr use the same network card or do i need install an seperate one for vdr?

3. Is this system capable for the things i want to do: Intel Core i5-4430 +ASUS H87I-Plus?

According to Intel, the chip supports VT-x (needed for paravirtualization) http://ark.intel.com/products/71072/intel-celeron-processor-g1610-2m-cache-2_60-ghz

The mobo should be able to do VT-d (needed if you want to pass-through a PCI/PCIe internal card) http://www.overclock.net/t/1338063/vt-d-compatible-motherboards

I believe it will work. From what you describe, you really only need the VT-x feature. In the case of the mobo, since it supports VT-d it SHOULD also support VT-x.

Good Luck!

My Unraid-System is now:

ASRock B75 Pro3-M

Intel Celeron G1610

According to Intel, the chip supports VT-x (needed for paravirtualization) http://ark.intel.com/products/71072/intel-celeron-processor-g1610-2m-cache-2_60-ghz

The mobo should be able to do VT-d (needed if you want to pass-through a PCI/PCIe internal card) http://www.overclock.net/t/1338063/vt-d-compatible-motherboards

I believe it will work. From what you describe, you really only need the VT-x feature. In the case of the mobo, since it supports VT-d it SHOULD also support VT-x.

Good Luck!

VT-x isn't needed for paravirtualization, it's needed for HVM.

VT-d is only needed for passing through pci/pcie cards to a hvm.

I haven't tested or been able to find any good posts on people passing through tv tuners using iommu=soft(pci passthrough without vt-d).  Anyone have any experience with this?  If not I am going to try and test it out this weekend.

An i5 is overkill for unraid and vdr.  8GB of memory is overkill also but a good idea.  I would look at virtualizing some additional servers on this box since you have extra cpu power and extra memory.

I think it would be wise to wait for v6beta4 before you go down this path there are a lot of improvements that will hopefully be in this build.

I keep seeing posts from piotrasd about building a custom v6 with media-tree support and tvheadend 64-bit.

Is Tom still running a patched version of reiserfs?

I keep seeing posts from piotrasd about building a custom v6 with media-tree support and tvheadend 64-bit.

Over this weekend i will be fight with this, i was waiting for beta 4 - but i watiing to log :(

about patches, last time @tom put patches into folder, so i suppose if still will be needed i find there.

Im build yesterday VDR 2.1.5 with latest DVBapi and XVDR if someone want (for unraid 5.x)

i cheked patches and they are in /usr/src/linux-3.10.24p-unRAID :)

I am interested in latest vdr for unraid5. VDR has been running great for a long time on my system.

https://copy.com/f4LejOlVdIMqRQ6B

There is one mismatch name of lib (i have some bug which read API version im my script for build addons)

after install please run this command for fix that

mv /usr/lib/vdr/libvdr-live.so.2.1.4 /usr/lib/vdr/libvdr-live.so.2.1.5

about dvbapi plugin (please run with correct version of oscam)

Current versions of this plugin uses a new VDR CAM decrypt interface, which

was added in VDR 2.1.3. Additional fixes was added in VDR 2.1.4,

and I recommend this version as minimal VDR version for recent plugin

versions (2.0.0 or newer). You also need OScam svn rev >= 9095.

I'll share anything built (and deemed working) with these threads if helpful.

I did not follow the guides per se as i wanted a latest build.

I'm at the point where i have built the following:

- Unraid 5.0.5 with media tree and HDHomerun support

- TVheadend with transcoding enabled (And can confirm it does NOT conflict with Plex).

- Latest oscam compile with pretty much all support enabled

If anyone is interested i can share but i am still concerned about HDHomerun. I used the dvbhomerun 0.16 drivers and i haven't had enough time yet to verify it is 100% working. At fresh boot it all works but it seems the userhdhomerun process can somehow get unresponsive (Though it doesnt crash).

Still testing the root cause, may be something specific to my setup. Did anyone experience something similar? When userhdhomerun gets unresponsive, TVheadend will return time out waiting for packet errors.

Hi

Has anyone had an error with a Hauppauge 340, WINTV-HVR-2200. It works fine for about 3 days then my syslog fills up as below. I have tried several versions of the media kernel with the same results.

Feb 26 04:40:01 Jas0r-Server kernel: saa7164_cmd_send() No free sequences
Feb 26 04:40:01 Jas0r-Server kernel: saa7164_api_i2c_read() error, ret(1) = 0xc
Feb 26 04:40:01 Jas0r-Server kernel: tda10048_readreg: readreg error (ret == -5)
Feb 26 04:40:01 Jas0r-Server kernel: tda10048_readreg: readreg error (ret == -5)
Feb 26 04:40:01 Jas0r-Server kernel: saa7164_api_i2c_write() error, ret(1) = 0xc
Feb 26 04:40:01 Jas0r-Server kernel: tda10048_writereg: writereg error (ret == -5)
Feb 26 04:40:01 Jas0r-Server kernel: saa7164_api_i2c_write() error, ret(1) = 0xc
Feb 26 04:40:01 Jas0r-Server kernel: tda18271_write_regs: [2-0060|M] ERROR: idx = 0x5, len = 1, i2c_transfer returned: -5

Gave up on getting HDHomerun stable in Unraid.

Moved to Unraid 6 Beta 3 and put an Ubuntu 13.10 / Kernel 3.13 on top compiled with DVB-Core and dvhdhomerun driver.

running flawlessly so far.. ;)

Full build completed:

Xen/Unraid 6 Beta 3

- Storage

- Oscam (Did not get usb passthrough to work in Xen so compiled oscam with smartreader support for Unraid)

Ubuntu 13.10 (Kernel 3.13 Custom kernel for TV/HDHomerun)

- dvbhdhomerun / userhdhomerun

- TVHeadend

- Plex Media Server

- CIFS for Samba client capability

TVHeadend and Plex connect to Unraid:

- TVHeadend --> Oscam for decrypting

- TVHeadend --> /mnt/cache/.Recordings for recordings.

- Plex --> All major /mnt/user SMB shares (e.g. Movies, TV Series, Photos).

Result: Heaven. No more b****** with Unraid custom compiles.

For people who are interested..my frontend HTPC is now running XBMC (Win7) in which i combined my Plex libraries (PlexBMC)with XBMC's LiveTV from TVHeadend. (Yes, except for LiveTV i don't use any of the XBMC features as i love Plex more :))

• 2 weeks later...

Hi there,

i want to go away from my Mediaportal TV Server (because it is not working smoothly with XBMC) and want to use my unRaid Server with TVHeadend or VDR.

That leads me to two questions:

1. I have read that i need a unRaid Version with Media Tree support enabled, where can i find such a version for 5.0.4 or 5.0.5?

2. What would you prefer? TVHeadend or VDR? I plan using it with 2 Mystique Satix Sky Express satallite tuners (relabled DVBSky) and XBMC?

Hey, sorry for the late reply.

I wrote some instructions in this wiki article some time ago: http://lime-technology.com/wiki/index.php/Installing_Tvheadend_in_unRAID

The information and links in it is still valid. Except you can use my plg file when you have the media tree which is more convenient. Maybe I will add this tomorrow.

edit: I added a point to the wiki article. It now contains a link to the tvheadend plg files.

Cheers

https://copy.com/f4LejOlVdIMqRQ6B

There is one mismatch name of lib (i have some bug which read API version im my script for build addons)

after install please run this command for fix that

mv /usr/lib/vdr/libvdr-live.so.2.1.4 /usr/lib/vdr/libvdr-live.so.2.1.5

Having a hell of a time trying to get these to work.

loading plugin: /usr/lib/vdr/libvdr-dvbapi.so.2.1.5
loading plugin: /usr/lib/vdr/libvdr-xvdr.so.2.1.5
ERROR: /usr/lib/libstdc++.so.6: version `GLIBCXX_3.4.15' not found (required by /usr/lib/vdr/libvdr-xvdr.so.2.1.5)
loading plugin: /usr/lib/vdr/libvdr-dvbhddevice.so.2.1.5
loading plugin: /usr/lib/vdr/libvdr-dvbsddevice.so.2.1.5
loading plugin: /usr/lib/vdr/libvdr-quickepgsearch.so.2.1.5
loading plugin: /usr/lib/vdr/libvdr-epgsearchonly.so.2.1.5
loading plugin: /usr/lib/vdr/libvdr-conflictcheckonly.so.2.1.5
loading plugin: /usr/lib/vdr/libvdr-epgsearch.so.2.1.5
ERROR: libpcre.so.1: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory
loading plugin: /usr/lib/vdr/libvdr-live.so.2.1.5
ERROR: libtntnet.so.10: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory

All three errors seem unrelated.

GLIBCXX_3.4.15 - > i have upgraded  glibc-2.11.1 --> glibc-2.15, upgraded gcc to 4.7.1 to no avail.

libpcre - > using pcre-8.12-i486-1 which is newest for Slackware 14.0, i did a find and I have libpcre.so.0/libpcre.so.0.0.1 just not libpcre.so.1

libtntnet - > when running tntnet.SlackBuild I get a  error: C compiler cannot create executables using gcc 4.7.1 and got a error about zlib.h missing (although its in /usr/include) when trying with earlier versions of gcc.

Any ideas?