unMENU 1.6 - now available (A major upgrade in appearance)

As far as  myMain_local.conf , you've apparently made some local changes, so any installation of a replacement must be done by merging the change with your local version.

I've never changed anything in UnMenu ... the only thing I've ever used it for is to install the CleanPowerDown and APC UPS packages.    In fact, I've made no changes to UnRAID either except for changing two of the "tunable" disk parameters.    Would those have some impact on MyMain ??

As far as  myMain_local.conf , you've apparently made some local changes, so any installation of a replacement must be done by merging the change with your local version.

I've never changed anything in UnMenu ... the only thing I've ever used it for is to install the CleanPowerDown and APC UPS packages.    In fact, I've made no changes to UnRAID either except for changing two of the "tunable" disk parameters.    Would those have some impact on MyMain ??

Well, then move the myMain_local.conf file into place manually.  You likely changed a parameter in MyMain while exploring on the myMain screens, and it stores that change in the MyMain_local.conf file.

I've fixed the release list and updated it on google.cde.

Thanks. It's working now:

Downloading unmenu.base.lib.awk

rev $Revision: 262 $ $Date: 2013-04-15 22:23:54 -0400 (Mon, 15 Apr 2013) $

Moved current unmenu.base.lib.awk to ./unmenu_old_2013-06-15_2051/unmenu.base.lib.awk

Installed unmenu.base.lib.awk

joe

mymain.conf

is it supposed to be updated automatically ?

i just ask as i put some diskattributes in there for temperature collections on a br10 controller

but i have to remember every time to copy/paste them ...

can i not just put auto update no in it ?

#AUTO_UPDATE=NO

or are you guys changing this at a regular base ?

P.S. could this unmenu.base.lib.awk  issue contribute to my shutdown issue ?

i also had sames issue that it wouldn't install..

it did today though ....

When trying to look at smart report I get this error

Statistics for /dev/sdc WDC_WD5000AAKS-00A7B0_WD-WMASY0626391

smartctl -a -d ata /dev/sdc

smartctl 5.40 2010-10-16 r3189 [i486-slackware-linux-gnu] (local build)

Copyright © 2002-10 by Bruce Allen, http://smartmontools.sourceforge.net

Smartctl: Device Read Identity Failed (not an ATA/ATAPI device)

A mandatory SMART command failed: exiting. To continue, add one or more '-T permissive' options.

Any Ideas???

I have 2 servers up 1 works fine and one doesn't

unmenu.awk: Version 1.6 Revision: 266 works

unmenu.awk: Version 1.6 Revision: 270 doesn't

266 was un upgrade from the original unmenu

270 is a fresh install on the new 1.6 code

both server are using m1015's

Actually tracked it down to any disk connected to an m1015 I just happened to check a disk on the other server that was connected to an on-board controller

joe

mymain.conf

is it supposed to be updated automatically ?

i just ask as i put some diskattributes in there for temperature collections on a br10 controller

but i have to remember every time to copy/paste them ...

can i not just put auto update no in it ?

#AUTO_UPDATE=NO

or are you guys changing this at a regular base ?

Cannot say when it is going to be updated in the future.  The recent changes were to add additional sizes for the HPA detection code for 3TB and 4TB disks.

You should use MyMain_local.conf for your own changes.  Anything defined there is supposed to override those definitions in myMain.conf. 

Yes, you can put

#AUTO_UPDATE=NO

in myMain.conf.    An update/install will then download the newer version, and put it under  a temp directory, and let you merge/install it.

P.S. could this unmenu.base.lib.awk  issue contribute to my shutdown issue ?

i also had sames issue that it wouldn't install..

it did today though ....

No, it would have nothing to do with a shutdown issue.  unmenu.base.lib_2.awk did not install since it was not part of unMENU.  It was accidentally listed in the release_list.  I've removed it from the release_list once it was brought to my attention.

When trying to look at smart report I get this error

Statistics for /dev/sdc WDC_WD5000AAKS-00A7B0_WD-WMASY0626391

smartctl -a -d ata /dev/sdc

smartctl 5.40 2010-10-16 r3189 [i486-slackware-linux-gnu] (local build)

Copyright © 2002-10 by Bruce Allen, http://smartmontools.sourceforge.net

Smartctl: Device Read Identity Failed (not an ATA/ATAPI device)

A mandatory SMART command failed: exiting. To continue, add one or more '-T permissive' options.

Any Ideas???

I have 2 servers up 1 works fine and one doesn't

unmenu.awk: Version 1.6 Revision: 266 works

unmenu.awk: Version 1.6 Revision: 270 doesn't

266 was un upgrade from the original unmenu

270 is a fresh install on the new 1.6 code

both server are using m1015's

Actually tracked it down to any disk connected to an m1015 I just happened to check a disk on the other server that was connected to an on-board controller

Yes, it has been reported that your disk controller does not like the "-d ata" option I had to use in the past.  I'm slowly fixing things.

In the interim, you can use the myMain "sm" links and add the smart_attributes needed there on a disk-by-disk basis.

As shown here:  http://lime-technology.com/forum/index.php?topic=5568.msg229926#msg229926

Hi

Loving the new unMENU but think I found a problem.

When i Switch to unMENU Vertical Skin appearance and use unMENU on something with a small screen I'm unable to scroll right to view all the stuff that's off screen there.

Well, don't do that... ;)

Since the .css is easily editable (if you know style sheet syntax) we'll have to wait on someone who is knowledgeable to create a "mobile-web" version that can scroll horizontally.

Glad you like the new look.

You might try this:

In file /boot/unmenu/images/stock/unmenu_vertical.css

Change

#mainContent {

padding: 32px 12px 0;

overflow: hidden;

}

to

#mainContent {

padding: 32px 12px 0;

overflow: scroll;

}

Then, re-select the Vertical skin as your preferred skin on the user-scripts page.  That will copy it to

/boot/unmenu/images/stock/unmenu.css

Joe L.

Thanks Jo

There we a couple of hidden I had to change to show but after I did that I could scroll.

One thing I did notice was that on the main page the top portion of the screen with the free space indicators doest resize like the rest, if it did I doubt I would need to scroll right.

Windows that dont resize very well where scroll needed:

Disk Management

MyMain

System Info

Config Vie Edit

Capture.JPG.c46965e44e90fac8e1db6a564bfcf888.JPG

Joe could you help me out on what the cause of this error would be (Server didn't like our AUTH LOGIN (503 #5.3.3 AUTH not available)?

New update installed very nice thank you.

Now trying to get the email notify to work tried every combination I could think of.

Lou

Joe could you help me out on what the cause of this error would be (Server didn't like our AUTH LOGIN (503 #5.3.3 AUTH not available)?

New update installed very nice thank you.

Now trying to get the email notify to work tried every combination I could think of.

Lou

You need to see what is available.  See this post to see how to ask your e-mail server what it supports:

http://lime-technology.com/forum/index.php?topic=911.msg7040;topicseen#msg7040

You may need to use a different port than 25 (especially if you are using a secure connection)

Thanks Joe I believe this tells me port 25 should work is this correct?

Lou

root@Unraid:/boot# telnet smtp.cogeco.ca 25

Trying 21x.xxx.xx.25...

Connected to smtp.cogeco.ca.

Escape character is '^]'.

220-fipsb02.cogeco.net ESMTP

220-Welcome to Cogeco Cable Inc. Messaging Environment.

220 Bienvenue a l'environnement de transmission de messages de Cogeco Cable Inc.

auth login

503 #5.3.3 AUTH not available

ehlo

501 #5.0.0 EHLO requires domain address

Thanks Joe I believe this tells me port 25 should work is this correct?

Lou

root@Unraid:/boot# telnet smtp.cogeco.ca 25

Trying 21x.xxx.xx.25...

Connected to smtp.cogeco.ca.

Escape character is '^]'.

220-fipsb02.cogeco.net ESMTP

220-Welcome to Cogeco Cable Inc. Messaging Environment.

220 Bienvenue a l'environnement de transmission de messages de Cogeco Cable Inc.

auth login

503 #5.3.3 AUTH not available

ehlo

501 #5.0.0 EHLO requires domain address

so try

EHLO cogeco.ca

That thread I linked t earlier had more examples a few posts into it.  It might work with port 25, but you'll need t verify what it requires.  When i try exactly that same telnet from here, it says my IP address is not allowed to send e-mail through it. (and that is perfectly logical and correct)

Thanks again Joe I'm not to up on this stuff but I did get back

EHLO cogeco.ca

250-fipsb02.cogeco.net

250-8BITMIME

250 SIZE 20971520

Lou

It appears as if you do not need to log in or authenticate.

Set USE TLS  = NO, leave your MAIL ID and password set to blank, the email server set to cogeco.ca:25

See if that works.

Joe L.

Thanks again Joe I'm not to up on this stuff but I did get back

EHLO cogeco.ca

250-fipsb02.cogeco.net

250-8BITMIME

250 SIZE 20971520

Lou

It appears as if you do not need to log in or authenticate.

Set USE TLS  = NO, leave your MAIL ID and password set to blank, the email server set to cogeco.ca:25

See if that works.

Joe L.

According to their own support page, I am correct.

http://www.cogeco.ca/web/on/en/residential/support/faq-internet/email-configuration/how-do-i-set-up-my-email-p1c5f29.php

Outgoing mail server (SMTP)

Outgoing SMTP Server: smtp.cogeco.ca

User Name: none

Password: none

Leave your ID and password fields blank.

Is the a way to stop unmenu re-writing all the links? unless the are hard coded.  What I mean is if I browes to my sever from my tablet using ip address I can get to unmenu fine but any link I use then goes back to trying to use the host name and breaks tablet is android unrooted so doesn't see work group names.  Original unraid GUI does not do this.

Is the a way to stop unmenu re-writing all the links? unless the are hard coded.  What I mean is if I browes to my sever from my tablet using ip address I can get to unmenu fine but any link I use then goes back to trying to use the host name and breaks tablet is android unrooted so doesn't see work group names.  Original unraid GUI does not do this.

Yes,  same solution as for MAC users.

I think you can simply set a variable in your unmenu_local.conf file like this:

unRAIDHost = 192.168.1.100

using the correct IP address, of course.

See here

http://lime-technology.com/forum/index.php?topic=2595.msg40483;topicseen#msg40483

Thanks Joe for the time I seem to have gone ahead some but now can not figure out what it is looking for

send-mail: 553 Postmaster Code 6 - #5.1.8 Domain of sender address  does not exist.  Le domaine , utilisé pour envoyer le courriel, n'existe pas.

localhost does not seem to work.

lou

Got it wow that was fun. Thank you very much Joe for the time and help to clear up a few puzzles for me I will have to remember the steps that had to be done for future. :)

Lou

Thanks Joe for the time I seem to have gone ahead some but now can not figure out what it is looking for

send-mail: 553 Postmaster Code 6 - #5.1.8 Domain of sender address  does not exist.  Le domaine , utilisé pour envoyer le courriel, n'existe pas.

localhost does not seem to work.

lou

If your email address is xyzzzzy.com, then use xyzzzzy.com instead of "localhost"

(obviously,  use the domain name you are in, not the sample I used in the line above)