Control Panel Plugin v3.2.1

• Replies 240
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

This is a great plugin. I just installed it but the control panel page keeps on refreshing. Is there a fix for that? Thanks for the plugin!

For some unknown reason, the Control Panel page in now work perfectly and does not keep on refreshing anymore. :) Good thing I checked before replying to this thread.

SCSI has a similar issue but he reported that issue was resolved without any touch.

I never had an issue like that neither on my test setup nor on my active server. And dont know why it is refreshing. Page is just refreshing when a button is pressed.

Does it continues to refresh after restarting the server?

If you have a terminal secreen looking to it will give us some clue.

And also if you tell me which plugins are installed on that server i ll try to create the same environment .

weird 2.2.1 works fine but 2.3 is refreshing .....

installed plugins on that server

cache_dirs-1.6.7-4jr.plg

control_panel-ikosa.plg

couchpotato_v2_unplugged.plg

Crashplan.3.4.1.plg

Crashplan_gui.plg

headphones_unplugged.plg

lazylibrarian.0.1_mod.plg

logmein-hamachi-1.0.3-noarch.plg

mysql-ikosa.plg

plexupdater.plg

plexupdater.plg.old

shellinabox.plg

swapfile.plg

@sacretagent: since it begins at 2.3.0 my first suspects are : crashplan and shellinabox plugins.

Will you try with deleting the parts related with this plugins in control_panel-ikosa.plg and installing control panel again one one.

line #1439-1465 for shellinabox

line #1633-1659 for crashplan and

line #1661-1686 for crashplangui

and deleting related plugin names from line #1796 will be necessery.

I get problems with constantly refreshing as well.  Both in IE & Firefox, persists after restarting.  Plugins installed are Sickbeard, SABNzbd, XBMCSalud, APC & Mysql (Old Version - Tried updating to your plugin but ran into some problems and don't really have the time to delve into it at the moment & my fiance wouldn't be happy if I broke things!)  Also got TVHeadEnd running as well.

But would still like to thank you for all your hard work and superb ideas!

good to hear :)

i think it is pretty much final now. Finally I am happy with it now.

Yeah of course it can have a more fancy look but dont have too many skills about css and html.

i just plan to add some more plugins, no big changes. just planning to change the order of last two columns and try to add a user defined sort capability for plgs.

But of course i will consider any suggestions.

ikosa

will you be working on a sleep plugin for the new gui ?

// Hellboy..\\

will you be working on a sleep plugin for the new gui ?

sorry, not in my plans.

I get problems with constantly refreshing as well.  Both in IE & Firefox, persists after restarting.  Plugins installed are Sickbeard, SABNzbd, XBMCSalud, APC & Mysql (Old Version - Tried updating to your plugin but ran into some problems and don't really have the time to delve into it at the moment & my fiance wouldn't be happy if I broke things!)  Also got TVHeadEnd running as well.

on your setup is this issue started on 2.3.0 too?

is there somewhere an install log as like the install log for mysql in /var/log/plugins ?

installlog can be seen from telnet there is no other install log. and installation is not complicated. just inline php file, afew icon downloads and rc files for just plugin update and version check. i assume thats not you are asking.

only log related to control panel is /var/log/control_panel.log but it is not a real log. it is just a tmp log file of the last event (unfortunately not all events because some plugins design is not compatible).

i m planning to release a test version for who have refreshing issue: i ll add all new plugins on 2.3.0 to the 2.2.1 without changing any other code to narrow down the issue.

can anyone suffering refresh problem will try and report the attached version which is based on 2.2.1 plus new plugins on 2.3.0.

there is not much other changes in 2.3.0 so i m a bit suspicious about this.

Better troubleshooting is the way i mentioned here.

http://lime-technology.com/forum/index.php?topic=28873.msg262868#msg262868

pls report with installed unraid version, sf/stock/new webgui and installed plgs.

control_panel-ikosa.plg.txt

i found something about refreshing issue.

shellinabox may cause this issue. a line in the shellinabox install script has some html tags and probably script causes this:

/bin/bash /tmp/shellinaboxd-install ... Saving Settings...Completed<br> Applying Settings...Starting shellinaboxd...Completed<br><html><head><script>var goback=parent.location;</script></head><body onLoad="parent.location=goback;"></body></html>success

a) is there anybody who has refresh issue without shellinabox installed.

b) who has refresh issue, pls set loglines to show to 0 and report if issue persists or not. (you may need to do this from control_panel.cfg file)

c) if you have refreshing issue try to open syslog from util>syslog is there any errors or refreshing?

I need some opinion about an issue:

Some plugins (most of the influencers plugins) have an extra install function to install the app and app is not installed during the plugin installation.

Plugins original install check checks that app for installation status.

Control panel also uses the original plugins install check if it can.

In this case, when you install the plugin from control panel (or manually) it will continue to show as not installed. Actually plugin is installed but the app is not installed. And i think this can confuse the user. And cant open settings from control panel, cant see other details.

So, what do you think is the right choice?

a) use the same logic with original plugin.

b) dont mind if the app is installed or not just look for the plugins (i think checking the php file is the best option) installation status.

ok guys v2.5.0 is ready and it is the end of the road :)

i add all of the (working) plugins that i can find. Except SimpleFeatures, since there is an upcoming update for the new webGui. i want to wait for it.

By the way if anybody knows a plugin that is not integrated, i ll try to add it.

Now i m gonna work for some new features then maybe i can rest a little...