Control Panel Plugin v3.2.1

ikosa

Hi All,

I have changed the default port for the unraid web interface  from 80 to 88 in preparation for the installation of PlexConnect but now when i go to "Settings" and click the Control Panel icon the Control Panel page loads, and loads again and again until i go to back to the main or settings page.

I have not found any other pages where this happens.

I thing these repeating lines have something the do with it

Oct 26 17:40:35 mediaserver su[4510]: Successful su for unraid-plex by root
Oct 26 17:40:35 mediaserver su[4510]: +  root:unraid-plex
Oct 26 17:40:35 mediaserver su[4522]: Successful su for unraid-plex by root
Oct 26 17:40:35 mediaserver su[4522]: +  root:unraid-plex

What can it be, or what can i do to correct this

Kind regards Rob.

syslog file attached

syslog.txt

• Replies 240
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hi All,

I have changed the default port for the unraid web interface  from 80 to 88 in preparation for the installation of PlexConnect but now when i go to "Settings" and click the Control Panel icon the Control Panel page loads, and loads again and again until i go to back to the main or settings page.

Kind regards Rob.

syslog file attached

it is probably about some line in syslog.

try b and c from this post.

http://lime-technology.com/forum/index.php?topic=28873.msg263452#msg263452

i guess these are the guilty lines. dejavu script tag again:

Line 1148: Oct 26 13:33:30 mediaserver logger:   /bin/bash /tmp/istatd-install ... Saving Settings...Completed<br> Starting iStat Server...Applying Settings...Completed<br>Starting iStat Server...Completed<br><html><head><script>var goback=parent.location;</script></head><body onLoad="parent.location=goback;"></body></html>success
Line 1148: Oct 26 13:33:30 mediaserver logger:   /bin/bash /tmp/istatd-install ... Saving Settings...Completed<br> Starting iStat Server...Applying Settings...Completed<br>Starting iStat Server...Completed<br><html><head><script>var goback=parent.location;</script></head><body onLoad="parent.location=goback;"></body></html>success

Hi All,

Kind regards Rob.

syslog file attached

Thx. for the response, i tried option b and that did the trick, no more reloading...

Rob.

it is been a while since the last update... a new update is ready also with snap and mp3fs support.

Unfortunately support is limited because both plugins have non standart structure.

Let me know what is non standard about snap and I'll try to get it to the standard.  I've been working on it, but might have missed something.

THX for your support. I will send you the details with pm.

I have made changes and Version 5.18 should work with control panel in a more standard fashion.

It's nice to see my updateapp, updateplg and getver methods being used to help create a 'standard' plugin framework.

THX for your support. I will send you the details with pm.

I have made changes and Version 5.18 should work with control panel in a more standard fashion.

It's nice to see my updateapp, updateplg and getver methods being used to help create a 'standard' plugin framework.

You did a nice job.

Hope you don't mind me taking advantage of your work.

How about adding Smart history?

http://lime-technology.com/forum/index.php?topic=3146

edit:

ikosa, what are your thoughts on this project and making

control panel compatible?

Sure, it's early alpha but it looks promising.

Hi Fireball3 first of all thank you for your recommendations.

if i m not wrong smart history is not a plugin and seem like a not active topic. And since control panel is a plugin manager it has to bee a plugin. it is neither possible to track and integrate all packages to control panel nor much meaningfull. But if i miss something i ll be happy to hear from you.

about boxcar: it is definately promising and prealpha as you said. i dont know what i have to do to make control panel compatible but If nicinabox points the required changes i ll try my best.

just tried installing the latest version and got an error:

root@Tower:~# installplg /boot/config/plugins/control_panel-ikosa.plg
installing plugin: control_panel-ikosa
file /boot/config/plugins/control_panel/control_panel.png: downloading from -q                                    --no-check-certificate http://lime-technology.com/wiki/images/d/dd/Control_panel                                   .png ... bad download, deleting

Any suggestions?

about boxcar: it is definately promising and prealpha as you said. i dont know what i have to do to make control panel compatible but If nicinabox points the required changes i ll try my best.

I'll be releasing full documentation on this. First I need to get the distribution system down, then the DSL for building these screens, THEEEEN docs. Party.

Once I updated unmenu the download issue went away, now when trying to install sabnzbd I get this:

Warning: array_key_exists(): The second argument should be either an array or an object in /usr/local/emhttp/plugins/webGui/template.php on line 38

Warning: passthru(): Cannot execute a blank command in /usr/local/emhttp/plugins/webGui/template.php on line 277

Hello, I'm getting the refreshing issue on the latest version of the Control Panel plug-in. Installed plug-ins are DynDNS, iStat Server, OpenVPN, Plex, and APC UPS. Do you know of a fix, or can you point me in the direction to debug my issue?

EDIT Not sure if its related, but the refreshing page generates a flood of this error in my Syslog:

Nov  8 09:41:56 Tower su[29079]: Successful su for unraid-plex by root
Nov  8 09:41:56 Tower su[29079]: +  root:unraid-plex

However, disabling the Plex plug-in does not solve the refreshing issue.

Hi All,

Kind regards Rob.

syslog file attached

I report this issue at the Istat thread but I guess it is not actively developing

Hi All,

Kind regards Rob.

syslog file attached

I report this issue at the Istat thread but I guess it is not actively developing

Looks like it was an inline HTML tag in my "/var/log/syslog" file. I was able to find it a manually remove the line in question and now Control Panel is back to normal. It would be nice if it would sanitize the syslog before reading it in.

• 1 month later...

Hello;

FYI and possible upgrade of the instructions if you think it is necessary.

I downloaded the plugin in config/plugins through the web browser running on a Windows PC which attaches tower/flash/config/plugins. Rebooted the server, and nothing major happened. The expected screens did not show up in the web interface.

I connected then to the server with putty and started a session as root, changed directory to /boot/config/plugins, and found a new directory (empty) created there, presumably by the plg script. The directory name is control_panel.

In the plugins directory was the plg script downloaded from this website,  and I chose to try now to run it manually.

It didn't work. It failed with the error "I/O warning : failed to load external entity  in /usr/local/sbin/installplg on line 13".

Tried a couple more times, including "installplg --help" hoping that the utility would tell me more about the possible usage alternatives.

Interesting running the same command with --help, gave me the same error (on line 13).

Therefore I checked again your instructions and realized that you specified the full path to your control_panel.plg in the command line, but you didn't tell which directory one should be in, when launching the command.

I chose to cd to root directory (home directory for root) and ran it from there. It finally worked! The control panel settings icon showed up in the web interface.

I will now study what /how I need to use the new functionality :)

(If I lost you with the many details... the part you may want to look into is why it didn't work at boot time, after copying the script in the plugins directory).

Thank you

hg

Archived