Control Panel Plugin v3.2.1

i must be doing something wrong. i have installed it but it does not let me download any packages and just keeps jumping back to the top of the page. i did have some serviio errors but since I did not use it I removed it and the errors went away but it just keeps reload ign to the top of the page

• Replies 240
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

i must be doing something wrong. i have installed it but it does not let me download any packages and just keeps jumping back to the top of the page. i did have some serviio errors but since I did not use it I removed it and the errors went away but it just keeps reload ign to the top of the page

does it refresh once or non stop? Is there any log/error at the top section?

Check error means control panel cant get either local or remote version number, mostly because that plugin don't have that feature. Or for some reason either version number is empty.

Unavailable means that plugin don't have that feature.

SABnzdb even though I have downloaded and installed it, it shows as uninstalled in Control Panel Plugin. But it appears in the Settings tab. So I guess that is fine?

However the PMS does not even shows up as Downloadable, so I can't install PMS at all. Same with EncFs, iStat Server, Logmein Hamachi, MySQL Server (p1lot), ProFTPD, shellinabox, ?Torrent - all does not have Download Plg enabled.

edit: Looks like the Plex site got a major change, hence the links are broken.

Hello;

FYI and possible upgrade of the instructions if you think it is necessary.

I downloaded the plugin in config/plugins through the web browser running on a Windows PC which attaches tower/flash/config/plugins. Rebooted the server, and nothing major happened. The expected screens did not show up in the web interface.

I connected then to the server with putty and started a session as root, changed directory to /boot/config/plugins, and found a new directory (empty) created there, presumably by the plg script. The directory name is control_panel.

In the plugins directory was the plg script downloaded from this website,  and I chose to try now to run it manually.

It didn't work. It failed with the error "I/O warning : failed to load external entity  in /usr/local/sbin/installplg on line 13".

Tried a couple more times, including "installplg --help" hoping that the utility would tell me more about the possible usage alternatives.

Interesting running the same command with --help, gave me the same error (on line 13).

Therefore I checked again your instructions and realized that you specified the full path to your control_panel.plg in the command line, but you didn't tell which directory one should be in, when launching the command.

I chose to cd to root directory (home directory for root) and ran it from there. It finally worked! The control panel settings icon showed up in the web interface.

I will now study what /how I need to use the new functionality :)

(If I lost you with the many details... the part you may want to look into is why it didn't work at boot time, after copying the script in the plugins directory).

Thank you

hg

Thanks for you kind comment.

it is hard to say what goes wrong without any log. May be some problems with internet or a broken link..etc

if it creates the control_panel directory but cant finish the installation definetly something goes wrong in the installation process. you should check this from syslog.

i specify the full path in the command there for you can run it from any directory.

As a result, i think installation instructions are correct. But something goes wrong when you are trying to install.

Check error means control panel cant get either local or remote version number, mostly because that plugin don't have that feature. Or for some reason either version number is empty.

Unavailable means that plugin don't have that feature.

SABnzdb even though I have downloaded and installed it, it shows as uninstalled in Control Panel Plugin. But it appears in the Settings tab. So I guess that is fine?

However the PMS does not even shows up as Downloadable, so I can't install PMS at all. Same with EncFs, iStat Server, Logmein Hamachi, MySQL Server (p1lot), ProFTPD, shellinabox, ?Torrent - all does not have Download Plg enabled.

edit: Looks like the Plex site got a major change, hence the links are broken.

From control panel you cant download all plugins. Because of some wget limitations and compressed plg files etc.

i guess/remember that sabnzdb has an inner install function(from the settings page). when you install the package from there it should show as installed.

i try to discuss this situation here but i cant get any replies.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Hey....great tool.  I'm excited to use it.

I'm already running Dynamix.  It looks like Dynamix can install some of the same plugins.

Is it recommended to use both at the same time?

This is my first NAS.  I've been using windows and network shares for 10 years.  I really like the new tools but I feel like such a virgin.

I'm having the refresh problem.

Using Dynamix 2.11, unRAID 5.0.5, and Chrome v32, as well as Safari.

I click on Control Panel under Settings, and every few seconds it just does a page refresh. Tried to use the JavaScript Console, but couldn't really figure out what was causing it. Doesn't look like you have any javascript in Control Panel? May be from the dynamix.js under /usr/local/emhttp/plugins/webGui/scripts

I click on Control Panel under Settings, and every few seconds it just does a page refresh. Tried to use the JavaScript Console, but couldn't really figure out what was causing it. Doesn't look like you have any javascript in Control Panel? May be from the dynamix.js under /usr/local/emhttp/plugins/webGui/scripts

This is discussed several times. Search "script" on syslog. Unfortunately some plugins cause this. Nothing directly related with control panel. May be i have to control this before displaying it but dont have much time these days...

This is discussed several times. Search "script" on syslog. Unfortunately some plugins cause this. Nothing directly related with control panel. May be i have to control this before displaying it but dont have much time these days...

Thanks. I did find the issue -- same as this one:

it is probably about some line in syslog.

try b and c from this post.

http://lime-technology.com/forum/index.php?topic=28873.msg263452#msg263452

i guess these are the guilty lines. dejavu script tag again:

Line 1148: Oct 26 13:33:30 mediaserver logger:   /bin/bash /tmp/istatd-install ... Saving Settings...Completed<br> Starting iStat Server...Applying Settings...Completed<br>Starting iStat Server...Completed<br><html><head><script>var goback=parent.location;</script></head><body onLoad="parent.location=goback;"></body></html>success
Line 1148: Oct 26 13:33:30 mediaserver logger:   /bin/bash /tmp/istatd-install ... Saving Settings...Completed<br> Starting iStat Server...Applying Settings...Completed<br>Starting iStat Server...Completed<br><html><head><script>var goback=parent.location;</script></head><body onLoad="parent.location=goback;"></body></html>success

Just removed the <body onload..> from istatd_update.php and it works ok now. May need to remove that from the .plg though in case it doesn't re-use the modified one on reboot.

• 2 weeks later...

Hi, sorry for my bad english  :-[ I've tried to install Control Panel Plugin v3.1.0 but i've an error:

file /boot/config/plugins/control_panel/utserver.png: downloading from http://forum.utorrent.com/img/avatars/120492.png ... http://forum.utorrent.com/img/avatars/120492.png:
2014-02-23 18:46:26 ERROR 404: Not Found.
bad download, deleting

Hello,

Very eager to give this plugin a  try but keep getting an install error. 

I/O warning: failed to load external entity

on line 13 xml parse error

Appreciate any insights if it is a true bug or I am doing something wrong.  Simply did a save as of the page with the plugin code with both firefox and chome, used saved file and followed instructions. 

TIA!

Hello,

Very eager to give this plugin a  try but keep getting an install error. 

I/O warning: failed to load external entity

on line 13 xml parse error

Appreciate any insights if it is a true bug or I am doing something wrong.  Simply did a save as of the page with the plugin code with both firefox and chome, used saved file and followed instructions. 

TIA!

Sounds like you downloaded the plugin wrong. Download it from the link from the first post in this topic.

Download Link:

Download Plugin