unRAID with SABnzbd

• Replies 734
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

can somebody post or pm me some "other" free ones that work that I can use as a backup

-=Jason=-

Free what?

index sites for Sabnzdb and Astraweb/other usenet to search in.  I currently use Nzbmatrix and paid for the VIP service.

I listed virtually all of them in my previous post!

So what is a good news server for a block-based plan, to use as a back-up server.  I'm currently using Astraweb monthly plan. I'm liking it so far, with the ocassional failed download, so I'm thinking of getting the yearly plan.

I use a http://usenet-news.net block account as a back-up server to AW. $10 for 30GB with no expiration and SSL capable. 30 GB has lasted me over a year so far.

As an experiment with AstraWeb, I actually got slightly better speeds using a mix of SSL-EU, SSL, and SSL-US servers. Since they allow for 20 connections, I set 7 to EU with 6 each to the other two. Maybe something to try for those having speed issues when just using the SSL-US servers.

I have another question.  How do you update Sabnzbd, a new version is out, 0.5.5?

*** Upgrading from 0.5.x                ***

Stop SABnzbd.

Binary packages: install new version over the old one.

Source packages: First remove the old .py files!

Start SABnzbd.

When it says to remove the .py files, from where do they get deleted? I see them in the cherrypy folder as well as the sabnzbd folder.  Do I delete them from both locations?

Thanks!

I install the dependencies package and then run SAB and SickBeard off the cache drive.

I created 2 directories at /mnt/cache/.SABnzbd and /mnt/cache/.SickBeard to hold the installs of these.

So, why do the SickBeard "Logs" and "cache" directories end up on the flash drive under the packages directory?

I just noticed I'm getting all these writes to the flash drive and I found those files were being created there. Oddly, there are also a couple of Logs and cache directories in both the .SickBeard  and .Sickbeard/autoProcessTV directories and those seem to contain the same file types from when I was first running it.

In SickBeard it says "All non-absolute folder locations are relative to /mnt/cache/.SickBeard" and the logging directory is set to "Logs" which should mean "/mnt/cache/.SickBeard/Logs". If I go look this directory exists and is not a link to the flash drive. I just find this very odd.

So, I put /mnt/cache/.SickBeard/Logs for the logging folder but how do I fix the cache folder so it writes to the cache drive and not the flash drive?

Peter

I install the dependencies package and then run SAB and SickBeard off the cache drive.

I created 2 directories at /mnt/cache/.SABnzbd and /mnt/cache/.SickBeard to hold the installs of these.

So, why do the SickBeard "Logs" and "cache" directories end up on the flash drive under the packages directory?

I just noticed I'm getting all these writes to the flash drive and I found those files were being created there. Oddly, there are also a couple of Logs and cache directories in both the .SickBeard  and .Sickbeard/autoProcessTV directories and those seem to contain the same file types from when I was first running it.

In SickBeard it says "All non-absolute folder locations are relative to /mnt/cache/.SickBeard" and the logging directory is set to "Logs" which should mean "/mnt/cache/.SickBeard/Logs". If I go look this directory exists and is not a link to the flash drive. I just find this very odd.

So, I put /mnt/cache/.SickBeard/Logs for the logging folder but how do I fix the cache folder so it writes to the cache drive and not the flash drive?

Peter

Wow! I just took a look in mine.  They are also in my flash drive.

I would do whatever needed to get the flash drive from being repeatedly written to.  All flash drives have a limit on the number of "writes" to them before they fail.  It can be as low as between 10,000 and 100,000 writes to a given sector on the flash drive.

If constantly writing to the same temporary file/directory on the flash drive, even if just once per minute, 10,000 writes would only take 7 days.

Joe L.

I edited the config.ini file in the sickbeard directory. There is a line 11 down "cache_dir = cache". I put that to the hard  SickBeard cache directory path and restarted SickBeard. It began using the cache directory on the disk instead of the flash drive. However, it put that line back to just "cache_dir = cache" again.

Very odd behaviour. I don't know why it would change the config file and I don't now why it decided to use the flash drive.

The 2nd line in the config file is the "log_dir = Logs" and that one will retain the complete path if you set it.

I deleted the directories and all on the flash drive. I'll keep checking to see if the cache one comes back.

I suggest anyone else running Sickbeard check this out.

Peter

Can anyone confirm the owner of the files that SABnzbd creates on their 5.0b2 array please?

I asked this a couple of pages back but it got lost in another conversation.  Any files I download are owned by "root" and not "nobody" and this creates issues with Samba shares.

There were a couple of solutions posted in the beta2 thread but I haven't got any of them working and I'd love to know if this problem affects everyone or if there is a root cause I should be looking for.

I don't have a cache drive so I was wondering if it was somehow due to me having the app running from a user share on the array.

I updated SickBeard and the config.ini file seems to be retaining both paths. I suggest anyone running SickBeard along side Sab check the flash drive and make sure it's not being used for the SickBeard cache and Logs.

Peter

This was happening to me and was creating all sorts of problems with my flash drive. I had to reformat it 5 times. I finally disabled CP and never had the problem since.