Dynamix - Web GUI

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Updated version 2.2.10 is now available.

The notification system is improved in the following areas, based on suggestions made by Freeman and sambo, thanks guys :)

1. No notifications sent when disks are not present (e.g. no parity disk installed)

2. Notifications on temperature will appear once unless the temperature for a particular disk rises. There will be a notice sent too when temperature reaches nominal value again.

3. Notifications on wrong disk operation appear once unless the operation mode changes, including a notice when normal operation is restored.

Those of you who got their hands on v2.2.9 please update, it has been withdrawn and replaced by version 2.2.10.

Installed with only a minor glitch- the Download button worked just fine, but the Install button didn't want to be clicked. I navigated to the Dashboard page, then back to the Dynamix page & it clicked & installed just fine.

The notification system is improved in the following areas, based on suggestions made by Freeman and sambo, thanks guys :)

2. Notifications on temperature will appear once unless the temperature for a particular disk rises. There will be a notice sent too when temperature reaches nominal value again.

Have I mentioned that you rock!!!

Good news it that I haven't had to test this out yet.  ;)

Good to hear.

Please let me know your experiences with the CPU monitoring on the dashboard page.

My CPU display is moving around, but it's showing pretty high 30-90%.  I'm not sure that's actually valid, but at least it's not pegged @ 100%.

I'll have to do some looking to see if it's really running that high or not. I'll have to get back to you.

Has anyone experienced an inability to access Dynamix, SSH, and Unmenu since upgrading to version 2.2.10?  This has happened to me twice since installation of the Dynamix's newest version.  Other services such as Sab, NZBDrone, and Plex were still available.  It is worth mentioning that I also installed the updates to Email Notify and Plugin Control this afternoon, however, symptoms started before updating those plugins. 

I've attached a copy of the syslog.  On syslog line 2662, you will see that I connected via SSH to the UnRAID server.  I was kicked out immediately upon connection.  At this point the Dynamix and Unmenu were already inaccessible. 

syslog.zip

Installed with only a minor glitch- the Download button worked just fine, but the Install button didn't want to be clicked. I navigated to the Dashboard page, then back to the Dynamix page & it clicked & installed just fine.

Might have jumped on that a bit too soon... :(

I got the notifications this morning about the Plug In Control & Email plug-in updates. Unfortunately, when I went to the Dynamix tab, the WebGUI was still showing an "install" button.  After downloading & installing the 2 other plug ins, they're still showing "install" as well.

I've lost the Dynamix version tag in the bottom left corner of the screen, as well. It still says 'Array Started -', but there's no version after the dot/dash. Also, after a Ctrl-F5 refresh, it's still showing the notification toast for the plug-ins, but not for WebGui. My local & GitHub version numbers do match.

Has anyone experienced an inability to access Dynamix, SSH, and Unmenu since upgrading to version 2.2.10?  This has happened to me twice since installation of the Dynamix's newest version.  Other services such as Sab, NZBDrone, and Plex were still available.  It is worth mentioning that I also installed the updates to Email Notify and Plugin Control this afternoon, however, symptoms started before updating those plugins. 

I've attached a copy of the syslog.  On syslog line 2662, you will see that I connected via SSH to the UnRAID server.  I was kicked out immediately upon connection.  At this point the Dynamix and Unmenu were already inaccessible.

Syslog looks fine, no issues present, no apparent errors related to SSH connection.  However, and this may or may not be related, there's some package version confusion.

Sep 22 17:41:02 Tower logger: | Installing new package /boot/packages/openssh-5.8p1-i486-1.txz

Sep 22 17:41:02 Tower logger: | Installing new package /boot/packages/openssl-0.9.8r-i486-3.txz    perhaps requested by openssh-5.8p1-i486-1

Sep 22 17:41:15 Tower logger: | Installing new package /boot/config/plugins/dynamix/dynamix.email.notify-2.1.2-i486-1.txz

Sep 22 17:41:16 Tower logger: | Installing new package /boot/packages/openssl-solibs-0.9.8zb-i486-1_slack13.37.txz    perhaps requested by dynamix.email.notify-2.1.2-i486-1

Sep 22 17:41:17 Tower logger: | Upgrading openssl-0.9.8r-i486-3 package using /boot/packages/openssl-0.9.8zb-i486-1_slack13.37.txz    perhaps requested by openssl-solibs-0.9.8zb-i486-1_slack13.37

Sep 22 17:42:02 Tower logger: | Installing new package /boot/config/plugins/ssh/putty-0.62-i486-1rj.txz    requested by ??

Sep 22 17:42:02 Tower logger: | Upgrading openssh-5.8p1-i486-1 package using /boot/packages/openssh-5.9p1-i486-3_slack13.37.txz    perhaps requested by putty-0.62-i486-1rj

Sep 22 17:42:08 Tower logger: | Upgrading openssl-0.9.8zb-i486-1_slack13.37 package using /boot/packages/openssl-0.9.8r-i486-3.txz    perhaps requested by Plex?

First, openssl-0.9.8r is installed, then replaced by openssl-0.9.8zb, then replaced again by the original openssl-0.9.8r.  It's possible that openssl-solibs-0.9.8zb requires openssl-0.9.8zb.

Hi

Sorry if this is elsewhere but my internet was gone a whole week and my Dynamix webGui is all messed up. So trying to re-install and

"root@Tower:/boot/config/plugins#

<er/plugins/dynamix.webGui-2.2.10-noarch-bergware.plg                       

--2014-09-23 21:47:44--  https://raw.github.com/bergware/dynamix/master/plugins/dynamix.webGui-2.2.10-noarch-bergware.plg

Resolving raw.github.com (raw.github.com)... failed: Temporary failure in name resolution.

wget: unable to resolve host address `raw.github.com'

<gins# installplg dynamix.webGui-2.2.10-noarch-bergware.plg                 

installing plugin: dynamix.webGui-2.2.10-noarch-bergware

Warning: simplexml_load_file(): I/O warning : failed to load external entity "dynamix.webGui-2.2.10-noarch-bergware.plg" in /usr/local/sbin/installplg on line 13

xml parse error"

Anyone able to help?

Hi

Sorry if this is elsewhere but my internet was gone a whole week and my Dynamix webGui is all messed up. So trying to re-install and

"root@Tower:/boot/config/plugins#

<er/plugins/dynamix.webGui-2.2.10-noarch-bergware.plg                       

--2014-09-23 21:47:44--  https://raw.github.com/bergware/dynamix/master/plugins/dynamix.webGui-2.2.10-noarch-bergware.plg

Resolving raw.github.com (raw.github.com)... failed: Temporary failure in name resolution.

wget: unable to resolve host address `raw.github.com'

<gins# installplg dynamix.webGui-2.2.10-noarch-bergware.plg                 

installing plugin: dynamix.webGui-2.2.10-noarch-bergware

Warning: simplexml_load_file(): I/O warning : failed to load external entity "dynamix.webGui-2.2.10-noarch-bergware.plg" in /usr/local/sbin/installplg on line 13

xml parse error"

Anyone able to help?

I think you are not connecting to a DNS server (It will be out on the Internet) to resolve 'raw.github.com' into an IP address.  It may be a temporary condition in which the DNS server that your IP provider is using being down or it may be that you will have to specify one for  your unRAID server to use.  (You can set an DNS server in the 'Setting's tab under the 'Network Setting" icon on the Dynamix GUI.  I assume that the same tab should also be available with the stock GUI.  You can google 'DNS google' to find their DNS server if you have difficulty finding one to use.)

THX for the quick reply

I thought that too or perhaps a https issue but I can put that URL into a browser and it comes up with the XML file. So part two of the problem is the error on line 13 of the XML code which is another URL and why does the XML have a problem? (I downloaded the XML from the link and dumped it into the Plugin file and use installplg). XML file start is below:

<?xml version='1.0' standalone='yes'?>

<!DOCTYPE PLUGIN [

<!ENTITY plugin "dynamix.webGui">

<!ENTITY version "2.2.10">

<!ENTITY pkg "/boot/packages">

<!ENTITY plg "/boot/plugins">

<!ENTITY rom "/boot/config/plugins/dynamix">

<!ENTITY img "/boot/config/plugins/images">

<!ENTITY gui "/usr/local/emhttp/plugins">

<!ENTITY log "/var/log/packages">

<!ENTITY reg "/var/log/plugins">

<!ENTITY src "https://raw.github.com/bergware/dynamix/master/download">

<!ENTITY pwr "https://raw.github.com/dlandon/unraid-snap/master">

<!ENTITY dir "13.37"> <!-- select slackware version for packages -->

<!ENTITY url "http://slackware.cs.utah.edu/pub/slackware/slackware-&dir;/slackware/a">

]>

THX for the quick reply

I thought that too or perhaps a https issue but I can put that URL into a browser and it comes up with the XML file. So part two of the problem is the error on line 13 of the XML code which is another URL and why does the XML have a problem? (I downloaded the XML from the link and dumped it into the Plugin file and use installplg). XML file start is below:

As I said, you may have to put the IP addresses into the unRAID Network settings so that it will not have to depend on using the ones that your IPS provider provides.  I had a similar problem (if not identical problem) and solved it by adding IP addresses for a DNS server into the appropriated boxes in the Networks Setting page.

First, openssl-0.9.8r is installed, then replaced by openssl-0.9.8zb, then replaced again by the original openssl-0.9.8r.  It's possible that openssl-solibs-0.9.8zb requires openssl-0.9.8zb.

Thank you Rob.  I have removed the openssl packages, ssh, and Dynmix GUI plugin temporarily for testing.  It would appear that my issues are relating to other things .  After removing Dynamix, the standard UnRAID GUI is also crashing.

I want to make a feature request. Could Dynamix add a GUI option to the mover settings so that the user can add an option for the mover script to only move files older than a certain age? It could replace the mover script with one that utilizes the -mmin flag in the find command.

I want to make a feature request. Could Dynamix add a GUI option to the mover settings so that the user can add an option for the mover script to only move files older than a certain age? It could replace the mover script with one that utilizes the -mmin flag in the find command.

I propose you put this as a feature request towards LT and have them updated the mover script. With the correct mover support it can be added to the GUI.

# Generated settings:

USE_DHCP="no"

Here is the Network.cfg file and the DNS addresses are already there. If I put "https://raw.github.com/bergware/dynamix/master/download" into my browser it gives "Not Found"?

IPADDR="192.168.1.102"

NETMASK="255.255.255.0"

GATEWAY="192.168.1.1"

DHCP_KEEPRESOLV="no"

DNS_SERVER1="8.8.8.8"

DNS_SERVER2="8.8.4.4"

DNS_SERVER3=""

BONDING="no"

BONDING_MODE="1"

BRIDGING="no"

BRNAME="br0"

THXs Frank1940, you were right. Although the Network config file looks ok, the network settings file (wherever it is) showed that a 169 ip was set for the DNS server. Bizarrely this was unchangable and I had to resort to editing the resolv.conf file. I have at last got back to a working webGui and the ability to update. Still don't know why there is a strange DNS setting in the resolv file or why I can't change this from the settings screen.

THXs Frank1940, you were right. Although the Network config file looks ok, the network settings file (wherever it is) showed that a 169 ip was set for the DNS server. Bizarrely this was unchangable and I had to resort to editing the resolv.conf file. I have at last got back to a working webGui and the ability to update. Still don't know why there is a strange DNS setting in the resolv file or why I can't change this from the settings screen.

I searched both of my flash drives for the 'resolv.conf' file and it wasn't there.  This could mean that it is either it a part of something that loads when unRAID is unpacked into memory during boot or it is a part of some plug-in that you have installed.  The reason that I am pointing this out, it that your edit of this file may not survive a reboot. 

Frank1940

Thanks for the help and you are right again, the relief was temporary and the incorrect 169.254.179.233 DNS address is back. I can't seem to do anything about it. Using the Network Control Panel if "Obtain DNS automatically" is on then up comes 169.254.179.233 (uneditable) and if "Obtain DNS auto" is off then I can edit it but it reverts in seconds back to 169.254.179.233. This isn't in the Network.cfg file and it isn't in my router which only has entries for my ISP (Orange). In any event I was using a manual IP setting but I've changed this to a static IP but nothing seems to budge the 169 address! Unless someone has a magic fix, tomorrow I'll set up a local network without the ISP just to remove that as well as turning off other local devices save the unRaid box and one Apple mac.

I looked through the log and

Sep 24 23:24:14 Tower avahi-dnsconfd[8250]: New DNS Server 169.254.179.233 (interface: 2.IPv4)

So I guess something is sending this IP address, so perhaps tomorrow will solve it!

• Squid locked this topic