Dynamix - Web GUI

I'm on unRAID 5.05, Dynamix 2.2.8 WebGUI and experiencing that although updates are presented and I can activate them, they don't seem to get downloaded and installed. This worked prior to being presented with WebGUI 2.2.10 and a couple of others (Plugin Control and E-mail Notify 2.1.3 (am on 2.1.2 for both))

Any clues as to where I start digging?

Even though I am experiencing this, I am a very happy Dynamix user  ;D

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I'm on unRAID 5.05, Dynamix 2.2.8 WebGUI and experiencing that although updates are presented and I can activate them, they don't seem to get downloaded and installed. This worked prior to being presented with WebGUI 2.2.10 and a couple of others (Plugin Control and E-mail Notify 2.1.3 (am on 2.1.2 for both))

Any clues as to where I start digging?

Even though I am experiencing this, I am a very happy Dynamix user  ;D

Bonienl responded to my issue on this about 10 posts back. I haven't had a chance to put it into practice yet, so no guarantee it will work, but I'm sure it will be worth a try.

I've been too busy using my data to mess with the dashboard... :-[

Thanks - I did read back a couple of pages, but missed that.

I already rebooted several times to no avail, so I will try the suggested course of action about manually deleting:

"You can try to manually delete the .PLG and .TXZ files in the folder /boot/plugins.

After deletion go again to the Dynamix plugin install page and re-install the webGui."

Will post results later.

Quick post. My DNS issue is fixed. The problem came from an Orange Livebox router broadcasting a Bonjour service and a reboot stopped it. Now I get the router address when the server asks for an IP from DHCP. So one cause of failures to update Dynamix and subsequent difficulties with re-install were for me caused by a bad DNS address. I'm not convinced the Network Control panel works properly though as I could not override the incorrect DNS IP.

Can you do the following (telnet into your server)

ls -l /etc/ca*.conf

-rw-rw-rw- 1 root root 38 2014-09-21 18:37 /etc/cache_dirs.conf

ls -l /boot/config/plugins/dynamix/*ca*.cfg

-rwxrwxrwx 1 root root 181 2014-08-29 12:09 /boot/config/plugins/dynamix/dynamix.cache.dirs.cfg

first line fine, second line:

-rw-rw-rw-: command not found

I have tried L and number one I presume it is number one but I still get the same error.

What is the command doing. Are you trying to get read and write permissions setup on the dynamix.cache.dirs.cfg file?

I notice in the cache dirs settings it has default time to scan as 1 sec and 10 sec but nothing in the boxes. I just added a scan depth of 4 and put 1 sec and 10 sec in the boxes but I wonder if this conflicts somehow, is there supposed to be blank boxes on the default settings. I hit the default button and then just added 4 in the scan folder depth and rebooted. I went back into my KVM and captured this just as unRAID starts a reboot. I think the mnt errors are maybe from when I stopped the array prior to a reboot? 

Screen_Shot_2014-09-27_at_12_55.jpg.a4bf5eeae0670213b8bf9c06af9db6bb.jpg

Can you do the following (telnet into your server)

ls -l /etc/ca*.conf

ls -l /boot/config/plugins/dynamix/*ca*.cfg

-rwxrwxrwx 1 root root 181 2014-08-29 12:09 /boot/config/plugins/dynamix/dynamix.cache.dirs.cfg

The first line in each pair is the command to be entered at the command prompt.  The second line is the expected output from the command.

So I removed cache dirs and rebooted. The KVM screen was fine no errors. I re-installed cache dirs and as soon as I enable it in the webgui settings and put a scan depth of 4 in the box and apply it I get this error in the KVM

find: 'mnt/cache' no such file or directory.

Obviously there is a problem with cache dirs loaded from the control panel, maybe other users leave the default scan depth I don't know. I will have to remove it until it is repaired or someone can help me further.

Thanks Johnathanm but I have removed it. Something is broken be it cache dirs or the plugin through control panel.

I can't do it I keep getting errors as I don't know if line one and two are supposed to be together, if its an L or 1 or i and the spacing. Its just to hard as I can't cut and paste into the kvm.

(lima)(sam)(space)(dash)(lima)

Does that help?

Everything in the command is a letter and each letter must be lower case.  (By the way, 'ls' is the command for a directory listing and '-l' is the a parameter for a long directory listing as opposed to the short listing without the parameter.  The rest of the string is the directory in which the file listing is generated.  The last part of this parameter ---  /ca*.conf    --- requests that only files that begin with "ca" and end with ".conf" are displayed)

To be honest I love cache dirs as I use openelec. But I was having issues with my webgui crashing every few days when using it with the go file before I saw it in Dynamix control panel. Some users on the cache dirs forum suggested putting in a scan depth of 4 so as to not use to much low memory. I have 16gb and since I used a go file command to use a scan depth of 4 I have had issues, maybe it was the go file command the user posted, I just don't know. So I removed the plugin and the go file command and used it from Dynamix control panel, but the issues I have had in the Dynamix version all relate to a /mnt/cache error which I never go using the standard plugin and the go file command. cache dirs was definatly what was causing my webgui crashing as I have had it up using the Dynamix plugin for weeks now. I just want rid of these stupid errors to do with mnt/cache and the cache_dirs.conf file. Its doing my head in and it doesn't relate to the scan depth of 4 as I get them as soon as I enable cache dirs in the Dynamix settings page.

Thanks - I did read back a couple of pages, but missed that.

I already rebooted several times to no avail, so I will try the suggested course of action about manually deleting:

"You can try to manually delete the .PLG and .TXZ files in the folder /boot/plugins.

After deletion go again to the Dynamix plugin install page and re-install the webGui."

Will post results later.

I can report back that the deletion of the .PLG and .TXZ file worked well - am now running the new version. So thanks for that tip :-)

However, that led me to discover something else: Only the WebGUI files were in /boot/plugins. The rest of them are in boot/config/plugins (the .PLG files) and boot/config/plugins/dynamix (the .TXZ files and corresponding .cfg files.

Should this be changed to tidy up? If so, how?

Thanks!

However, that led me to discover something else: Only the WebGUI files were in /boot/plugins. The rest of them are in boot/config/plugins (the .PLG files) and boot/config/plugins/dynamix (the .TXZ files and corresponding .cfg files.

Should this be changed to tidy up? If so, how?

That is exactly how it should be.  Do not try moving them around or you will start getting unexpected behaviour.

Sorry if this has bee posted before, I looked and i couldn't find anything.

I have what seems to be endless notifications popping up on my screen telling me at one point a few nights ago my disks exceeded a temp threshold.  I have clicked on about a hundred of them, but they aren't going away.  How can I clear the notifications?

Sorry if this has bee posted before, I looked and i couldn't find anything.

I have what seems to be endless notifications popping up on my screen telling me at one point a few nights ago my disks exceeded a temp threshold.  I have clicked on about a hundred of them, but they aren't going away.  How can I clear the notifications?

This was tweaked in the latest release (2.2.10) to only post a notification on change of status instead of every minute. What version of Dynamix are you running?

You can try to manually delete the .PLG and .TXZ files in the folder /boot/plugins.

After deletion go again to the Dynamix plugin install page and re-install the webGui.

If nothing else works, a system reboot may be required ...

Finally got tired of the notification pop-up and followed these instructions.

Worked like a champ.

Thanks, bonienl!!!

This was tweaked in the latest release (2.2.10) to only post a notification on change of status instead of every minute. What version of Dynamix are you running?

Thanks Freeman, I installed 2.2.10, but I am still getting those messages. They are all old, it looks like it logged a message for each minute, for each drive.

FWIW I haven't restarted by system yet.

Thanks Freeman, I installed 2.2.10, but I am still getting those messages. They are all old, it looks like it logged a message for each minute, for each drive.

FWIW I haven't restarted by system yet.

Yup. Used to log a message every minute, now just on changes. Don't know if a reboot will clear them...

Just consider clearing then an opportunity to practice your FPS skillz. :P!

I am constantly getting error notices while using Dynamix (2.2.10), all plugins updated via Plugin Control, on my UnRAID (5.0.5) server:

PHP Notice: Undefined offset: 1 in /usr/local/emhttp/plugins/dynamix/SystemTemp.php on line 20

The offset can be 0 or 1 and the line seems to be 19 or 20. Not sure if this is a real problem, or not, as everything seems to be working OK.

• Squid locked this topic