Popcorn Hour

limetech

• Replies 232
  • Created
  • Last Reply

No need to change anything, you just populate 1:1 and then without changing the Jukebox settings run in with the new share path. You may run it on a PC or on unRAID directly, doesn't matter. You will need to adapt the mountpoints in the library.xml but the user interface itself won't change.

exactly. you can literally copy your current yamj setup to unraid and run from there (after a few tweaks). i'll post the step-by-step asap (unless someone beats me to it before hand)

Thanks guys.  I'm looking forward to seeing the steps.  I guess I'm just 1 track minded with the simplification of MyIHome that I'm missing the forest through the trees.

I'm am concerned that I will need Llink to stream through http unlessI can get the borderline .M2TS streams to play with SMB or NFS.

See my first stab, here:

http://lime-technology.com/forum/index.php?topic=5873.0

Thanks Batfink.  It's starting to make some sense finally.  I think I will be using Llink, so once I get it up and running I will then tackle the YAMJ part.  Sent my tax info to the taxman today.  Can't wait to get started on this thing.

w00t!

;D

You're welcome. Good luck. I'll try to figure out 'stage 6' at the weekend

• 3 weeks later...

My pc can wake my UnRaid server from sleep. How can I do this with my PCH A-200?

It can't be done simply via menu, but you can include code into the index.htm page and place it in the root folder of your share that in addition to Jukebox display can send a Magic Package to wake the unRAID box. The index.htm gets executed/loaded automatically. Search the networkedmediatank.com forums.

• 2 weeks later...

How are you guys setting your spinup groups.  I'll have 15 disks dedicated to Movies (spanned share).  Curious what works best and what doesn't.

I have 18 drives, all are dedicated to the "Movies" folder. I disabled spinup groups. They're not needed for my PCH setup. I do have cache_drives installed.

Do you have them disabled because you are using all single file movies then cache the jukebox catalog using Joes script?

How are you guys setting your spinup groups.  I'll have 15 disks dedicated to Movies (spanned share).  Curious what works best and what doesn't.

I have 18 drives, all are dedicated to the "Movies" folder. I disabled spinup groups. They're not needed for my PCH setup. I do have cache_drives installed.

Do you have them disabled because you are using all single file movies then cache the jukebox catalog using Joes script?

Nope. I have 400 full Blu-ray rips, stored as BDMV folders. Cache_dirs is only needed (in my case) to cache the root (below "Movies) folder names.

• 1 month later...

Hi,

first let me say sorry for my bad english and i hope you understand what i mean.

I have a pch a-100 and unraid with 5 hdd. All hdd are in standby. When i start a movie over the pch i became from my pch a buffering information and the hdd will wake up. but the buffering screen stand 10-15 seconds and then the pch will drop back to menü. When i start the movie than again, the movie will play. Before unraid i have a windows7 server with the same hardware. the hdd are in standby an when the pch access to a file the hdd wake up it take 4-5 seconds and then the movie play .

Could i make an adjustment in unraid to become the pch to start the movie at the first time ? Did anyother people have the same problem ?

Greets

Eisi

Could i make an adjustment in unraid to become the pch to start the movie at the first time ? Did anyother people have the same problem ?

I had a similar problem with my PCH A-110 in that it would time-out while waiting for unRAID to spin up the movie shares, and therefore require a reboot of the PCH to recover.  Through a fair amount of research on http://www.networkedmediatank.com/ and considerable trial & error, I came up with a strategy to make unRAID and PCH A-110 reliably work together to stream standard-def DVDs (in VIDEO_TS format) and high-def DVDs (in .m2ts format) to the home theater.

1. Set up your unRAID with a static IP address

2. I use NFS exclusively for streaming both standard- and high-def to avoid stuttering of the high-def streams

3. Export NFS shares for your video share(s) on unRAID

4. Create NFS network shares on the PCH using the static IP address, rather than "Tower"; this avoids the overhead of

resolving the server name, thereby avoiding the time-outs for drive spin-up

EXAMPLE:  On PCH, my high-def share is "nfs://192.168.1.103:/mnt/User/HDVideo"

5. I do the same thing for the standard-def share to avoid time-outs

EXAMPLE:  On PCH, my standard-def share is "nfs://192.168.1.103:/mnt/User/Video"

6. I use YAMJ as the front end, keeping a separate "index.htm" on the "HDVideo" and "Video" shares

Kevin

Ok, i've read every page and would like to get some info cleared up and maybe some help getting bluray's to finally play.  First some system background.  I think i've  eliminated the server as the problem because I can play all files on my computer using the Total Media Theatrer.  The popcorn hour is setup using 10/100 and smb shares.  I have half of my bluray's ripped to .iso's using AnyDVD HD only (is this a problem?).  The other half are .m2ts files which I know the popcorn hour can't stream the highdef audio for now.  Now the problems.... Most of my .iso's get to the "buffering..." screen and stall.  Most because some Disney .iso's make it to the previews then freeze.  The .m2ts rips play the video flawlessly with sound skipping.  These all skip while using the core audio!?!  Can someone help me out?  I feel as if it's something stupid and i'm 90% there.  Since I've read something about AnyDVD HD causing problems as the single source for .iso's I attempted to use AnyDVD HD in the background and rip using Clown BD but all I got was log files.  For some reason image burn didn't create the .iso so I am still trying to get that sorted out.  I may try the BD folder route tonight to see if that helps.  I can't remember does the BD foulder structure retain the chapter support?  Any help would be greatly appreciated!!

I have half of my bluray's ripped to .iso's using AnyDVD HD only (is this a problem?).  The other half are .m2ts files which I know the popcorn hour can't stream the highdef audio for now.  Now the problems.... Most of my .iso's get to the "buffering..." screen and stall.  Most because some Disney .iso's make it to the previews then freeze.

I don't believe the PCH products support blurays in .iso format.

Check the specs on the newer PCH:  http://www.popcornhour.com/onlinestore/index.php?pluginoption=productcompare

Can someone help me out?

I rip all my blurays to .m2ts format using AnyDVD-HD and ToNMT.  ToNMT handles all the processing, most importantly the audio conversions (e.g., True-HD to AC3).  A little complex to set up, but a breeze after that.

Here's the Wiki:  http://www.networkedmediatank.com/wiki/index.php/ToNMT_UI

And a helpful webpage:  http://www.networkedmediatank.com/showthread.php?tid=1786

I've been searching and I can't find anywhere that really details nfs setup for popcorn hour playback.  Can someone point me in the right direction?

Here are the instructions for exporting NFS shares on unRAID:  http://lime-technology.com/forum/index.php?topic=2827.0

See my post above for setting up the NFS shares on PCH.

Kevin

Ok must be all the stuff I was reading about .iso's, they were meaning folder structure because I finally can stream with HD audio using the folder structure.  So the only last thing I need help with is half of my movies are setup Movie Folder/movie.m2t2, HD audio file, chapter file....  Can I convert these into bluray folder structure or to .iso then folder structure using Clown BD to retain the HD audio playback?  Because right now the popcorn hour can play the way it is but the core audio skips.  Thanks for the help by the way.

Ok must be all the stuff I was reading about .iso's, they were meaning folder structure because I finally can stream with HD audio using the folder structure.  So the only last thing I need help with is half of my movies are setup Movie Folder/movie.m2t2, HD audio file, chapter file....  Can I convert these into bluray folder structure or to .iso then folder structure using Clown BD to retain the HD audio playback?  Because right now the popcorn hour can play the way it is but the core audio skips.  Thanks for the help by the way.

Which PCH are you using?  The new firmwware (now beta) for A200 will fix the HD audio passthrough issues.  Several confirmations of this have been documented over at AVS forum.

Yeah I'm apart of that forum and heard about the beta testing for the C-200.  Mine is the A-200.  They have the same chips so they should be out at the same time when released?  no matter what I want to retain the HD picture and HD audio.  I just got done setting up my HT and this is very important to me. The reason for wanting to convert the .m2ts file over to folder structure is for two reasons... one I get chapter support (prev/next) and I can watch them now with HD audio.  I don't have space restraints anymore thanks to you guys/girls so I'd rather have them in folder structure.  Is there any advantage to having them in .m2ts format instead of folder structure?

I don't believe the PCH products support blurays in .iso format.

Check the specs on the newer PCH:  http://www.popcornhour.com/onlinestore/index.php?pluginoption=productcompare

The C-200 does support Blu-ray ISO. However, it's recommended to "rip to folder" -- creating a BDMV structure as it's less overhead for the C-200 to decode.

The A-200 is basically a C-200 without BD-J support, so it should play everything (albeit in "Simple BD mode rather than using the BD-J menus).

Does C-200 support BDMW file structure?  Can someone confirm that it does actually work on there c-200?

Of course it does. I have 750 full BDMV rips. With a few minor compatibility issues, they all stream to the C-200 -- it's kind of the C-200's raison d'etre!

Archived