[PhAzE] Plugins for Unraid 5/6

Thanks for your help (AGAIN) PhAze.  Manually type in the command and got it all installed and working this morning.  I did had to go to my storage for my tiny monitor and wire keyboard - wasnt able to install OpenSSH plugin from overbyrn.   

I guess I have to do the same with your v2 plex plugin too. 

PhAzE,

I have an earlier version of Emby ( version: 3.0.5518.7) which I installed using your plugin app. Now,  I cannot perform a medial library scan, and would like to reinstall the same version.

However, I have no idea how to do this. I assuming I already have the MB 3 server app stored somewhere on my cache drive, but where? Any ideas?

I would like to avoid installing the latest version if possible

PhAzE, thanks for the reply

I would like to avoid installing the latest version,for now, if possible. I have been following this thread and read where there were some installation issues. Although, it appears they have been solved, I like what I have and would prefer to continue with its use. However, I will more thn likely update at a later date.

So, where do I find the old url used to initiate the old installation? Would I uninstall what I have and simply paste that url to start the installation? Would it use the old dependencies if it was not able to fetch them from the internet?

Unfortunately there isn't any specific way. You would need to find the .Zip file for the old version on the emby git and put it in the emby folder in /boot/config/plugins

Name it similarly to the one that is there currently.

Then reboot with internet off.  Although I have refined all the issues on the latest version and it seems to now run just fine.

PhAzE,

The mods over on the Emby forum indicated that older versions would be difficult to come by and would no longer be supported. So, it's time to upgrade.

Questions:

1. Is the following link still valid?

https://raw.githubusercontent.com/PhAzE-Variance/unRAID/master/Plugins/Embyserver.plg

2. I am running unRaid version 6.12. Will your plugin work with this version?

3. These are the steps to follow, correct?

Uninstall old plugin, reboot the server.  Install your attached Emby plugin, reboot the server.  Set my custom cache/config folders, enabled the plugin and it fired right up!  Thanks PhAze for the help.

Thank you kindly for you support.

Yes the link is still valid, and it works on beta 12.  if you already have my plugin installed, just click the updated button in the plugin GUI at the bottom and it will put the newest version of the plugin on. Otherwise, yes those instructions will still work.

Setup up my server with plex, sickbeard, couch potato and sab using these plugins and it works awesome. Just want to say thanks to PhAzE of all the effort and hard work he puts into these plugins. It makes things so much easier for linux noobies like myself. Have a couple cold ones on me buddy. Beer sent!

PhAzE,

I've had the same bad luck as others. After updating to the latest Emby server app, I cannot get it to start. I've tried re-installing, rebooting, clearing the Emby config file on the flash, etc. I can send a log, but there are so many I don't know which one exactly to send

Thanks

The last plugin update had fixed it for everyone as far as I knew. It was a few missing dependencies and GCC which I had added, and removed now.

Check in the by config folder, there should be another folder called logs. Delete them all, then start the app. It will make a new one. You them post it here.

I'm currently running Mediabrowser Version 3.0.5518.7 on 6.0beta6 using your plugin version 1.5.9

What can I expect to happen if I try to install the current Emby plugin on beta 6?

1. Will the plugin display properly since I'm still on beta 6 instead of the current beta 14?

2. Will my current database of shows, folders, watched status, etc migrate seamlessly?

I'm not ready to move to beta 14 yet, as I have a couple virtualbox machines that I don't want to have to spend hours trying to get running again since there is no working plugin for virtualbox currently. I'm perfectly capable of running virtualbox without a plugin, but the plugin system has made me lazy and I'd rather wait for a seamless transition where I don't have to manually get things running.

Thanks for any and all input.

hi everybody.

can someone help me with Phaze BTSync Plugin? After installing and using it, my server never sleeps, because the discs never spin down.

this is what i see often times in the log:

…
Apr 13 07:59:24 Stitch shfs/user: shfs_rmdir: rmdir: /mnt/disk1/Sync/Familie/.sync/Streams/61 (39) Directory not empty
Apr 13 07:59:24 Stitch shfs/user: shfs_rmdir: rmdir: /mnt/disk1/Sync/Familie/.sync/Streams/60 (39) Directory not empty
Apr 13 07:59:24 Stitch shfs/user: shfs_rmdir: rmdir: /mnt/disk1/Sync/Familie/.sync/Streams/47 (39) Directory not empty
Apr 13 07:59:24 Stitch shfs/user: shfs_rmdir: rmdir: /mnt/disk1/Sync/Familie/.sync/Streams/3B (39) Directory not empty
Apr 13 07:59:24 Stitch shfs/user: shfs_rmdir: rmdir: /mnt/disk1/Sync/Familie/.sync/Streams/43 (39) Directory not empty
Apr 13 07:59:24 Stitch shfs/user: shfs_rmdir: rmdir: /mnt/disk1/Sync/Familie/.sync/Streams/1E (39) Directory not empty
Apr 13 07:59:24 Stitch shfs/user: shfs_rmdir: rmdir: /mnt/disk1/Sync/Familie/.sync/Streams/1C (39) Directory not empty
Apr 13 07:59:24 Stitch shfs/user: shfs_rmdir: rmdir: /mnt/disk1/Sync/Familie/.sync/Streams/22 (39) Directory not empty
Apr 13 07:59:24 Stitch shfs/user: shfs_rmdir: rmdir: /mnt/disk1/Sync/Familie/.sync/Streams/11 (39) Directory not empty
Apr 13 07:59:24 Stitch shfs/user: shfs_rmdir: rmdir: /mnt/disk1/Sync/Familie/.sync/Streams/03 (39) Directory not empty
Apr 13 07:59:24 Stitch shfs/user: shfs_rmdir: rmdir: /mnt/disk1/Sync/Familie/.sync/Streams/02 (39) Directory not empty
…

can anyone give me a hint how to sleep again? ;)

Thanks PhAzE, for being so patient.

I am attaching a log which think is the one you want. I could not find a config folder with a log folder inside,  so i am guessing at this. I looked in the flash drive, mbserver, and programData-server folders.

Ya that's the right log, but it's not showing any errors. Looks like it starts normally. What happens after you start it? Does it just switch to not running?

I'm currently running Mediabrowser Version 3.0.5518.7 on 6.0beta6 using your plugin version 1.5.9

What can I expect to happen if I try to install the current Emby plugin on beta 6?

1. Will the plugin display properly since I'm still on beta 6 instead of the current beta 14?

2. Will my current database of shows, folders, watched status, etc migrate seamlessly?

I'm not ready to move to beta 14 yet, as I have a couple virtualbox machines that I don't want to have to spend hours trying to get running again since there is no working plugin for virtualbox currently. I'm perfectly capable of running virtualbox without a plugin, but the plugin system has made me lazy and I'd rather wait for a seamless transition where I don't have to manually get things running.

Thanks for any and all input.

Everything will migrate nicely but I don't think it will display right with beta 6, it needs beta 12 or higher.

Everything will migrate nicely but I don't think it will display right with beta 6, it needs beta 12 or higher.
Thanks, I guess I will hang fire on trying to upgrade until I have time to work with it.

PhAzE,

a that's the right log, but it's not showing any errors. Looks like it starts normally. What happens after you start it? Does it just switch to not running?

The status bar never indicates the emby server is running. Clicking on the start button produces a "starting emby server....", and "....start ok." However the status continues to read "Stopped," and I remain with no way to connect with the server GUI.

I am attaching a log file that was generated with one of my earlier attempts of upgrading to the current version. I don't remember what was done during this time, but it may have been that I forgot to enter the path for the emby configuration. I uninstalled, and reinstalled again, this time filling in the path for the configuration info. After this, this error alert has not appeared. Could it be traces of this error was left behind and causing this failure to connect?

unhandled_d46db0d3-96b2-47e7-b813-d3a90e566be4.txt

That error would have been from an older plugin, but not an issue on the latest one.

Go to /var/run/Embyserver  and delete the .pid file if it still exists.

Run:

ps -aux | grep server

And see if emby or mediabroswer show as running processes.

When you are in the plugin, are there any update buttons showing in blue?

You can then run:

/etc/rc.d/rc.Embyserver install

And that will reinstall the application, also do:

/etc/rc.d/rc.Embyserver updateplg

And that will reinstall the plugin files. Are you ruining any plugins that are not by me? Just want to make sure nothing else is conflicting.

PhAzE,

Sorry for the delay, but this is all new territory for me. Had to do some Googling

The following is a result of stepping through through your post.

1. When I typed this into Putty;      /var/run/Embyserver

I get this:        -bash: /var/run/Embyserver: Is a directory

I searched for this directory but could not find it. How do I check for a .pid from here?

2. When I typed this into Putty;      ps -aux | grep server

I get this:      Warning: bad ps syntax, perhaps a bogus '-'? See http://procps.sf.net/faq.html

root    20381  0.0  0.0  5100  1752 pts/0    S+  16:08  0:00 grep server

I don't know if the results shows the server running or not. From my reading, I guess the warning is not of major consequence

When you are in the plugin, are there any update buttons showing in blue?

The Manual Update button is blue

You can then run: /etc/rc.d/rc.Embyserver install And that will reinstall the application, also do: 

/etc/rc.d/rc.Embyserver updateplg    And that will reinstall the plugin files

I ran these commands out of curiosity, but no improvement in results

Are you ruining any plugins that are not by me? Just want to make sure nothing else is conflicting.

I have added these: Before this update MB 3 whoked fine with these plugins.

Powerdown Package (2.13)

Dynamix S3 Sleep

Dynamix Cache Directories 

I hate to intrude on your time for solving this issue, but it will be worth making a second donation if I can get my server back. I really think

this is a buggy release.

Thanks