[PhAzE] Plugins for Unraid 5/6

I'm using the plugins from the first page of this thread, and rebooting my server does not bring the settings page back.

When you update from within the plex gui it doesn't save a copy on your usb. although that shouldn't affect it necessarily, go to /boot/config/plugins/Plexmediaserver and remove the install files.  Basically, remove everything except the .CFG file, then reboot. Doing that will ensure you have a freshly downloaded install file and a freshly downloaded control file archive. Also if the problem persists, open that CFG file and see if anything looks broken, its just text so you would notice if something wasn't right.

Any chance you could create a plugin for gpodder? Would be awesome to get this working in combination with Plex! :)

Does this software work on a headless server? Not sure if you've ever used the linux version before, but can it's interface display via HTML or does it need a gui OS like windows or Ubuntu to work?

Update for all plugins today. Nothing huge:

- Added change log under 'plugins' tab on Unraid 6

- Fixed the error for the remove script when installing plugins on Unraid 5

Specific updates to PlexConnect:

- You can now set the .pem filename from the settings page

- You can now specify the host to intercept from the settings page

- If the certificates (.pem and .cer) do not exist in the certificate folder you selected, the plugin will generate them for you

-=PhAzE=-

The v1 plugins don't yet update to the V2 plugins until unraid 6 goes final, so you need to do the update by replacing the .plg file with the one on the first page of this thread.  The v2 plugins are universal for unraid 5 and 6, so in the future if you ever update to unraid 6 it will be a breeze.

Howdy PhAzE, been admiring your work quietly for some time (don't actually use any), but just updated your section of the Upgrading to UnRAID v6 guide, made the instructions appropriate for your 'universal' plugins.

As I'm sure you know, Tom has begun actively discouraging non-system plugin usage, and the general consensus seems to agree, so the 'flavor' of the upgrade guide leans strongly that way.  It strongly encourages re-formatting the flash drive when upgrading, starting with a clean slate, then selecting what's appropriate to meet a user's needs.  I've tried to be as fair as possible, and represent all views, and would really like to hear your comments and suggestions, if you have time to review the entire page, but especially the Adding software to your server section.  What else would you like it to say?

- If the certificates (.pem and .cer) do not exist in the certificate folder you selected, the plugin will generate them for you

-=PhAzE=-

So this means we can change the name and use iMove for example?

-=PhAzE=-

So this means we can change the name and use iMove for example?

Yep, change the name of pem file to imovie.pem and change the host to intercept to whatever imovie uses (i think its imovie.apple.com) and hit apply.

Hi RobJ,

Looks good on there.  8)

The V2 plugins were actually created with dependency separation in mind. They are all installed to a non standard location (/usr/local/PhAzE-Common) and isolated from the unRAID environment.  All of the applications I support are run using a wrapper script which adds the LD_LIBRARY_PATH environment variable pointing to that PhAzE-Common folder.

This has the advantage of keeping all the application dependencies separate from the OS dependencies, meaning that I can install different versions or variations of dependencies with no connection to the ones the OS itself uses.  Doing this also means that my plugins don't have incompatibilities with other OS dependencies or with dependencies installed by other dev's plugins anymore. 

When Unraid 6 goes final, I plan on putting out an update for the V1 plugins that will install the V2 plugins instead.  The only reason I haven't done so yet is because of those using pre beta 12 versions which don't use Dynamix. I expect when the release goes final most people will update to the final copy instead of remaining on the betas.

A couple of things come to mind:

- Users with my V2 plugins can safely update to Unraid 6 from Unraid 5 and the plugins will still function properly (it will remove its 32bit dependency file and download the 64bit version)

- Users with my V1 plugins can update to the V2 plugins. The V2 .plg file needs to be installed manually at the moment, but the update process will work 100%. I will eventually add the ability to update to V2 from V1 using the V1 internal updater. (If that all makes sense)

- Wiping the USB and installing fresh is a good idea regardless, older plugins used the packages folder which can get pretty full of junk

- Docker and VMs are good, but for some users like myself, I use fairly old hardware for my NAS and the extra overhead and processing required by a VM can slow down functionality.  I'm not sure how much of a difference there is though since I haven't tried Docker yet.

- Plugins can be easier to maintain as most of the updates for the application are done automatically through my plugin code, I don't need to maintain them too often when new versions of the apps are released

- I'll keep my plugins as up to code as possible since I definitely don't want to break my own server either ;)

- Hopefully app plugins won't ever be completely banned from unRAID

- I have removed all links that I can recall to the V1 plugins, so hopefully no one else will install the old V1s anymore

For my section, I don't think there is anything else to add, maybe make note that my .plg files will work on either version of Unraid. I'm just at work now so I can't read the entire page but i'll have a look later to see if anything sticks out. Thanks for all yours and the teams hard work on this software, it's shaping up very nice!

updated to the latest Btsync plugin and it borked my existing settings. Reinstalling it caused it to really mess up my flash drive. I think when the config settings got reset, the default config directory (which is just /) caused the installer to go absolutely ape when I tried reinstalling. Oh well!  :-\  Serves me right for just blindly clicking install when I should've double-checked the settings.

edit: yup. wasn't responding to any commands via telnet (e.g. ps aux, /sbin/powerdown) so I reset via the front panel (which should call the safe reboot). Now it's unresponsive to telnet connections. Any idea on recovering a flash drive? Before hitting reset, I copied the contents of /tower/flash to my windows desktop if that helps.

edit2: GOOD NEWS EVERYONE. Ended up formatting the memstick and putting a fresh copy of 5.06 on it. Copied over my backed-up files that I managed to get from /tower/flash, and it everything seems to be hunky-dory! I guess there were some critical files that were moved by Btsync's installer, but a clean copy of 5.06 replaced the lost files. Parity check is running now and I need to get some sleep. Moral of the story: BACK YOUR STUFF UP AND DON'T BE CLICK-HAPPY.

Have been getting this error in Sickbeard.

AASSLError: The read operation timed out
AA    return self._sslobj.read(len)
AA  File "/usr/local/PhAzE-Common/usr/lib64/python2.7/ssl.py", line 160, in read
AA    return self.read(buflen)
AA  File "/usr/local/PhAzE-Common/usr/lib64/python2.7/ssl.py", line 241, in recv
AA    data = self._sock.recv(self._rbufsize)
AA  File "/usr/local/PhAzE-Common/usr/lib64/python2.7/socket.py", line 476, in readline
AA    line = self.fp.readline(_MAXLINE + 1)
AA  File "/usr/local/PhAzE-Common/usr/lib64/python2.7/httplib.py", line 365, in _read_status
AA    version, status, reason = self._read_status()
AA  File "/usr/local/PhAzE-Common/usr/lib64/python2.7/httplib.py", line 409, in begin
AA    response.begin()
AA  File "/usr/local/PhAzE-Common/usr/lib64/python2.7/httplib.py", line 1045, in getresponse
AA    r = h.getresponse(buffering=True)
AA  File "/usr/local/PhAzE-Common/usr/lib64/python2.7/urllib2.py", line 1187, in do_open
AA    return self.do_open(httplib.HTTPSConnection, req)
AA  File "/usr/local/PhAzE-Common/usr/lib64/python2.7/urllib2.py", line 1222, in https_open
AA    result = func(*args)
AA  File "/usr/local/PhAzE-Common/usr/lib64/python2.7/urllib2.py", line 382, in _call_chain
AA    '_open', req)
AA  File "/usr/local/PhAzE-Common/usr/lib64/python2.7/urllib2.py", line 422, in _open
AA    response = self._open(req, data)
AA  File "/usr/local/PhAzE-Common/usr/lib64/python2.7/urllib2.py", line 404, in open
AA    usock = opener.open(url, post_data)
AA  File "/usr/local/sickbeard/sickbeard/helpers.py", line 181, in getURL

Still looking around for additional info but could this be an issue with the search provider?

I'm not sure about this but definitely a problem with SSL. I know done sites/indexers have updated to tlsv1.2 and some apps are not compatible. For example, nzbgeek did that and doesn't work with sonarr or any mono based apps until mono gets tlsv1.2 support.

I have been getting a similar error on Sickrage. After a recent update, I got pointed to this url: https://github.com/SiCKRAGETV/sickrage-issues/wiki/SSL-Errors

I don't know what to make of it or how to effect the changes they are talking about.

-=PhAzE=-

This is a great feature that will create the certificate files, but could you change it to an option rather than automatically, as a new certificate will mean loading it onto the Apple TV again, I have created certificate files and use the same ones in two servers meaning if I swap server, I don't have to add the certificate onto the Apple TV's again.

Love your Plugins, they work fantastic.

Any chance of getting a PlexWatch plugin? I was looking into installing it with docker, but that doesn't actually work unless you are running Plex in a docker as well apparently. I have everything set up in Unraid6 with your plugin, so I want to avoid swapping Plex to a docker, but Plexwatch is making that tempting.

FYI, I run PlexWatch in a docker, and I run Plex Server using Phaze's plugin.

Could you possibly let us know how you got it working like this... I have tried getting plexWatch working several times and couldn't with Plex as a plugin.

Each program has it's own log file in their config folder. Off hand I don't know the exact location but of you look around in those folders it should be pretty easy to find. Likely will show what's going on in the logs.

Always good to start with a reboot to make sure no zombie processes are preventing it from starting.

Have you made any changes recently, like new plugins or updated unraid or the app?

Yup it was a fresh reboot. I had some issues with my databases (either they were corrupted or pointing in the wrong directory) after some issues with mover. I've since deleted/restored the offending databases and the apps seems to be starting properly again. Thanks for telling me where the logs are!

@ PhAze,

I was updating all of my plugins to the latest version, using the inline updater.  I updated the BTSync plugin and it would not start.  So i pressed the rollback button to the previous pug-gin version and that's when the fun began. The app would not start.  Some how the "Config directory" setting became "/".  When I fixed it to the correct path, my system proceeded to move everything, including all of the contents of my flash drive to "/mnt/cache/apps/BTSync/"

I believe I have successfully recovered my system to the previous state with the exception of leaving the BTSync plugin out. Parity check is currently in progress as I had to hard shut it down.

Just want to let you know.

Actually, I think it the directory change to root happened during the upgrade.  There was a lot of activity on the cache drive and the pluggin control screen was very slow to come back.  So I believe it copied the files to the root at that time.  After I initiated the downgrade and it would not start the app I noticed the change to root.  When I corrected it, it then moved all of root to my cache.

Yea when you change the config directory it moves the files to the new directory if a config file currently does not exist in the new directory already. But upgrading it should never change the settings that you've set.  Did you upgrade from my plugin or from unraid plugin page?

@ PhAze,

I was updating all of my plugins to the latest version, using the inline updater.  I updated the BTSync plugin and it would not start.  So i pressed the rollback button to the previous pug-gin version and that's when the fun began. The app would not start.  Some how the "Config directory" setting became "/".  When I fixed it to the correct path, my system proceeded to move everything, including all of the contents of my flash drive to "/mnt/cache/apps/BTSync/"

I believe I have successfully recovered my system to the previous state with the exception of leaving the BTSync plugin out. Parity check is currently in progress as I had to hard shut it down.

Just want to let you know.

experienced this as well with Btsync and Transmission. Downgrade of Btsync actually killed network access to unraid. So I'm in the process of wiping those two plugins entirely, rebooting, and reinstalling.