Dockerization of some popular applications.

thanks to Jack0w I got my couch potato issue fixed but now im having an issue with Sonarr, it runs and sends things to sab but when it tries to process completed files I get this

Couldn't import file. /config/downloads/complete/Sonarr/downloaded file folder/: File doesn't exist:

based on other threads it suggested that I make the /Downloads path the same for both sonarr and sab which I have done but I still get this error.

Any ideas?

I have just upgraded from 5.0 > 6.0 and am trying to get Dockers for Plex, SB and ruTorrent setup as before. I am having some trouble with needo's Sickbeard and am looking for some help.

I have mapped the following in the Docker setup:

/config to /mnt/cache/Appdata/sickbeard - and it has found all of my old shows etc.

/downloads to /mnt/cache/Appdata/rtorrent/Downloads/TV - where my completed episodes are placed, and

/tv to /mnt/user/TV_Shows

I am able to add a New Show, and SB adds a folder to /tv and downloads metadata etc.

When I add completed downloads to /downloads it is able to post-process the new show I have just added, however, when I try to process new episodes of existing shows I get the following error:

"Processing failed for /downloads/filename Unable to post-process an episode if the show dir doesn't exist, quitting"

Can someone please offer some advice.

Thanks in advance

I have just upgraded from 5.0 > 6.0 and am trying to get Dockers for Plex, SB and ruTorrent setup as before. I am having some trouble with needo's Sickbeard and am looking for some help.

I have mapped the following in the Docker setup:

/config to /mnt/cache/Appdata/sickbeard - and it has found all of my old shows etc.

/downloads to /mnt/cache/Appdata/rtorrent/Downloads/TV - where my completed episodes are placed, and

/tv to /mnt/user/TV_Shows

I am able to add a New Show, and SB adds a folder to /tv and downloads metadata etc.

When I add completed downloads to /downloads it is able to post-process the new show I have just added, however, when I try to process new episodes of existing shows I get the following error:

"Processing failed for /downloads/filename Unable to post-process an episode if the show dir doesn't exist, quitting"

Can someone please offer some advice.

Thanks in advance

Sickbed can't find the storage dir of the show. To help you debug, go here: Sickbeard Web GUI>Show

Under Location (or similar) does it say something like <dir_missing>?

Sickbed can't find the storage dir of the show. To help you debug, go here: Sickbeard Web GUI>Show

Actually it does! How do I fix this problem?

I thought that given I had mapped /tv to /mint/user/TV_Shows it would be able to find all of the old shows. Could it be because I upgraded to needo's Docker from a plugin and the links are all still hard coded? If so, would I be better served mounting /tv to /mnt/ so SB can find them all?

Actually it does! How do I fix this problem?

I thought that given I had mapped /tv to /mint/user/TV_Shows it would be able to find all of the old shows. Could it be because I upgraded to needo's Docker from a plugin and the links are all still hard coded? If so, would I be better served mounting /tv to /mnt/ so SB can find them all?

If you have setup your mount correctly then this should be easy. Sickbeard has an intuitive drop down "auto complete" feature for dir fields.

Goto the show. Click Edit. Then go to the path and first put "/" (without quotes). You can then intuitively go to the path where your shows are. You will easily find out if your mapping hasn't worked properly.

Note: there is also a "Mass Update" option to change the paths of ALL your shows if they are incorrect. I have used this before. Excellent feature.

If you have setup your mount correctly then this should be easy. Sickbeard has an intuitive drop down "auto complete" feature for dir fields.

Goto the show. Click Edit. Then go to the path and first put "/" (without quotes). You can then intuitively go to the path where your shows are. You will easily find out if your mapping hasn't worked properly.

Note: there is also a "Mass Update" option to change the paths of ALL your shows if they are incorrect. I have used this before. Excellent feature.

Thanks very much for your advice.

I am performing a Mass Update now and everything seems to be going smoothly. Shows that have already been updated have successfully processed new episodes so I just have to let it run overnight to complete the rest of my library.

For other users information, I selected Manage > Mass Update > Ticked Edit all > Edit Selected and changed dir from /mnt/user/TV_Shows => /tv.

Have any other users had to complete this step when moving from plugins or should I have done something differently to avoid this step???

I am performing a Mass Update now and everything seems to be going smoothly. Shows that have already been updated have successfully processed new episodes so I just have to let it run overnight to complete the rest of my library.

For other users information, I selected Manage > Mass Update > Ticked Edit all > Edit Selected and changed dir from /mnt/user/TV_Shows => /tv.

Have any other users had to complete this step when moving from plugins or should I have done something differently to avoid this step???

I would think so. I didn't "migrate" from Plugins to Dockers. I setup new.

However I would think anyone who is trying to use the same settings file and "migrate" would have to reconfigure their default library path from whatever it was (e.g. /mnt/user/sharename/television) to the new internal docker mount (e.g. /sharename/television) and so on for configuration files too.

The other way you could have done this is to completely disregard the 'tv' volume mapping.

Instead change it to /mnt - /mnt/

That would allow you to continue using your existing paths from v5 plugins. This is what I did.

Hope this might help someone :)

I cant figure out how to search just this topic anymore but when I am trying to set up the couchpotato docker I cant figure out how to make it read my old config from the v5 Phaze plugin. This wouldnt be an issue but I basically only use this to rename stuff and I cant get the renamer to point to the folder where files are located to be renamed because the From folder option line doesn't list my directory structure properly. No matter what I do the wizard pops up first. I was able to get sonarr and sabnzbd to work just fine.

i take that back sonarr gives an error saying Missing root folder: /mnt/user/TV Shows

sigh should have stayed on v5 i think...

What's the name of your share? Have you tried using /mnt - /mnt/ as a volume mapping? This should give you complete access to your user shares as you would have had in v5 in a plugin.

The other way you could have done this is to completely disregard the 'tv' volume mapping.

That would allow you to continue using your existing paths from v5 plugins. This is what I did.

Thanks, I will keep this in mind for other dockers. However, I did initially try using /mnt/ without success, maybe because needo's docker is setup with /tv and /downloads shares by default?

for all my dockers, I remove any pre-assigned mappings like /tv or /downloads etc.

I replace them with the same one on all dockers: /mnt/user to /mnt/user (no / at the end of either mapping)

this lets me navigate all user shares in dockers the exact same way I do in unraid.  I find it MUCH easier this way.

Thanks, I will keep this in mind for other dockers. However, I did initially try using /mnt/ without success, maybe because needo's docker is setup with /tv and /downloads shares by default?

I can't explain that one. I'm not actually using that particular docker, but am using several other dockers created by needo. Have managed to use /mnt - /mnt/ on all of those.

I cant figure out how to search just this topic anymore but when I am trying to set up the couchpotato docker I cant figure out how to make it read my old config from the v5 Phaze plugin. This wouldnt be an issue but I basically only use this to rename stuff and I cant get the renamer to point to the folder where files are located to be renamed because the From folder option line doesn't list my directory structure properly. No matter what I do the wizard pops up first. I was able to get sonarr and sabnzbd to work just fine.

i take that back sonarr gives an error saying Missing root folder: /mnt/user/TV Shows

What's the name of your share? Have you tried using /mnt - /mnt/ as a volume mapping? This should give you complete access to your user shares as you would have had in v5 in a plugin.

I have /mnt/ mapped as well as the proper folders that sonarr is requesting in the docker setup and it is complaining about not being able to import files from the folder that SAB puts things when it is done downloading.

Import failed, path does not exist or is not accessible by Sonarr: /config/Downloads/complete/TV

it seems like instead of looking for the Downloads folder that is in the Sab subfolder it is looking for something within what I configured as the config folder which would be the sonarr folder.

I have /mnt/ mapped as well as the proper folders that sonarr is requesting in the docker setup and it is complaining about not being able to import files from the folder that SAB puts things when it is done downloading.

Import failed, path does not exist or is not accessible by Sonarr: /config/Downloads/complete/TV

it seems like instead of looking for the Downloads folder that is in the Sab subfolder it is looking for something within what I configured as the config folder which would be the sonarr folder.

The way that SAB and Sonaar communicate with each other is that SAB tells it the folder that the download is in.

In your case, I'm assuming its /config/Downloads/complete/TV (this is the container path -> the host path can be anything -> doesn't matter at this point)

Sonaar comes along and then looks for the show in its /config/Downloads/complete/TV.  If you haven't set up a container path for sonaar of /config and then set the host path to the same path as the host path for sonaar it won't be able to find the file.

Passing through /mnt (host and container) to each container is one easy way around this dilemma, since by default everything will match between sab and sonaar.  Its not the "ideal" way to use containers since one of the advantages of containers is that they only have access to the paths which you allow them to (and by using /mnt you're allowing them access to everything), but it is an easy fix.

I have mnt passed in both dockers yet I still have this issue.

"Sonaar comes along and then looks for the show in its /config/Downloads/complete/TV.  If you haven't set up a container path for sonaar of /config and then set the host path to the same path as the host path for sonaar it won't be able to find the file."

I dont understand what you are saying here. I have the /config set up for Sonarr as /mnt/cache/apps/sonarr/ as that is where sonarr resides.

"Sonaar comes along and then looks for the show in its /config/Downloads/complete/TV.  If you haven't set up a container path for sonaar of /config and then set the host path to the same path as the host path for sonaar it won't be able to find the file."

I dont understand what you are saying here. I have the /config set up for Sonarr as /mnt/cache/apps/sonarr/ as that is where sonarr resides.

But SAB is putting everything into ITS /config/Downloads/complete/TV.

SAB tells Sonaar that the downloaded file is in /config/Downloads/complete/TV.  Sonaar gets that path and isn't finding it because after the mapping from docker takes place its looking for the file on your array at /mnt/cache/apps/sonarr/Downloads/complete/TV

The easiest way would be sab and sonaar each have their own separate appdata (config paths)  Then you map /mnt to each of the containers as /mnt.

Give the download locations within the locations referenced from /mnt

Path mapping is one of the hardest things to wrap your head around, but once you get it it'll make sense.

It'll probably also help if you post a screen shot of SAB and Sonaar's mappings.

But SAB is putting everything into ITS /config/Downloads/complete/TV.

SAB tells Sonaar that the downloaded file is in /config/Downloads/complete/TV.  Sonaar gets that path and isn't finding it because after the mapping from docker takes place its looking for the file on your array at /mnt/cache/apps/sonarr/Downloads/complete/TV

The easiest way would be sab and sonaar each have their own separate appdata (config paths)  Then you map /mnt to each of the containers as /mnt.

Give the download locations within the locations referenced from /mnt

Path mapping is one of the hardest things to wrap your head around, but once you get it it'll make sense.

yeah I think that makes sense and I have other programs working correctly but I just cant get sonarr to work. I attached the config pages for both

https://www.dropbox.com/s/79oq1yq5x9z3a8l/Screen%20Shot%202015-06-21%20at%2010.07.41%20PM.png?dl=0

https://www.dropbox.com/s/w15tuqqsph9c8e5/Screen%20Shot%202015-06-21%20at%2010.07.50%20PM.png?dl=0

The host paths on your /downloads for each container have to match exactly (and they don't)

Also, since SAB is telling sonaar the file is in /config/Downloads/complete/TV, then you also have to tell SAB in its UI to put everything into /downloads.

Or alternatively, tell SAB to put everything into /mnt/user/whateverfolder, and sonaar will find it since /mnt is passed through to both correctly.

ok I set the sonarr /downloads path to match Sab's exactly and since I have mnt passed I left the sab downloads folders exactly as they are and I still get the import issue.

But what is SAB's internal settings of where to put the downloads?  Have you changed that yet?

Untitled_zpspknu3bdl.png

EDIT: attached wrong picture

looks like yours

https://www.dropbox.com/s/t469lde6kjstn1j/Screen%20Shot%202015-06-21%20at%2010.39.43%20PM.png?dl=0

btw thanks to you guys for helping sort out these issues

No it doesn't... There's a very slight difference that has a big consequence.  you've got Downloads/incomplete instead of /Downloads/incomplete.

Without the leading "/" its going to put everything off of the default base folder (/config)  With the leading "/" it will not (btw you're going to want to use /downloads since that is the folder you passed in the mapping (not /Downloads)