Dynamix - V6 Plugins

It appears the S3.Sleep plugin breaks the Dynamix webGUI after the last update to the latter (12.01). This did not happen prior to the last update to webGUI.

It works fine for me. More information on how it breaks would be useful then I'm sure someone will have an answer.

Kevin.

You're right of course. From how the breakage looks here I presumed it'd be universally reproduced.

What happens here is that the sheer installation of the S3 Sleep plugin over the updated dynamix messes up all the pages of the webGUI. It appears as if there's no CSS and no PHP actions (HTML text, no formatting, no action on buttons). Sample screenshot attached.

When S3 Sleep is installed on the "vanilla" (beta12) Dynamix, no problem. When Dynamix is updated - breakage. When I remove S3 Sleep, then update Dynamix to latest - no problem; when I now install S3 Sleep - breakage.

Deleting the S3 plugin files and rebooting doesn't fix the breakage. Deleting the entire /boot/config/plugins/dynamix - does. Deleting only /boot/config/plugins/dynamix/dynamix.cfg - also does.

The problem seems to be with the fact that S3 Sleep plugin writes the dynamix.cfg file if it does not exist. What I end up with here is:

[confirm]\nsleep="1"\n
[display]\nsleep="plugins/dynamix.s3.sleep/Sleep.php"\n

That's the entire file.

I'm guessing you don't experience this because you do have dynamix.cfg already, in which case the plugin edits it, and seems to do that correctly.

S3-Sleep-Issue.PNG.059d62892434b56880aaf705268c47d3.PNG

If I remember the way I fixed it was to remove the S3 plugin via the webgui and delete dynamix.cfg.

Then I rebooted and in settings select Display Settings and clicked Apply.

Reinstalled the S3 Sleep plugin and all was fine after that.

My initial error was that no Sleep button ever displayed but that fixed it.

Also this line does not appear in my dynamix.cfg.

[confirm]\nsleep="1"\n

Kevin.

Also this line does not appear in my dynamix.cfg.

[confirm]\nsleep="1"\n

No, it won't. This happens only when you do not have a dynamix.cfg file. Since you did, as can be seen from the chain of actions you describe, the plugin took a different code path (edit the dynamix.cfg file) which it does correctly.

It appears the S3.Sleep plugin breaks the Dynamix webGUI after the last update to the latter (12.01). This did not happen prior to the last update to webGUI.

It works fine for me. More information on how it breaks would be useful then I'm sure someone will have an answer.

Kevin.

You're right of course. From how the breakage looks here I presumed it'd be universally reproduced.

What happens here is that the sheer installation of the S3 Sleep plugin over the updated dynamix messes up all the pages of the webGUI. It appears as if there's no CSS and no PHP actions (HTML text, no formatting, no action on buttons). Sample screenshot attached.

When S3 Sleep is installed on the "vanilla" (beta12) Dynamix, no problem. When Dynamix is updated - breakage. When I remove S3 Sleep, then update Dynamix to latest - no problem; when I now install S3 Sleep - breakage.

Deleting the S3 plugin files and rebooting doesn't fix the breakage. Deleting the entire /boot/config/plugins/dynamix - does. Deleting only /boot/config/plugins/dynamix/dynamix.cfg - also does.

The problem seems to be with the fact that S3 Sleep plugin writes the dynamix.cfg file if it does not exist. What I end up with here is:

[confirm]\nsleep="1"\n
[display]\nsleep="plugins/dynamix.s3.sleep/Sleep.php"\n

That's the entire file.

I'm guessing you don't experience this because you do have dynamix.cfg already, in which case the plugin edits it, and seems to do that correctly.

Thanks for the detailed explanation.

I see if I can reproduce this error and make a fix accordingly. For the time being use the workaround as described by digitalfixer.

I see if I can reproduce this error and make a fix accordingly. For the time being use the workaround as described by digitalfixer.

Thanks. For me, I fixed it already.

To reproduce:

[*]uninstall S3

[*]install dynamix' latest version (so it's not the vanilla, bundled version ==> there's stuff in /boot/config/plugins/dynamix...)

[*]Remove the dynamix.cfg file, so that the plugin uses the default.cfg

[*]Install the S3 plugin

You should now be able to see the breakage.

• 5 weeks later...

New versions of the optional Dynamix plugins are available, see the plugin manager page.

These should be run with the new version 2015.01.21 of the webGui. If you haven't done so, please update the webGui first before upgrading/installing the optional plugins.

What is happening?  I have three plugins that should be up-datable and I am getting the following message:

/usr/local/sbin/plugin update dynamix.system.temp.plg 2>&1
plugin: running: 'anonymous'
plugin: skipping: /boot/config/plugins/dynamix.system.temp/dynamix.system.temp-2014.12.05.txz already exists
plugin: running: /boot/config/plugins/dynamix.system.temp/dynamix.system.temp-2014.12.05.txz

+==============================================================================
| Skipping package dynamix.system.temp-2014.12.05 (already installed)
+==============================================================================

The date does not look right and the 'update' button is still there after I click on it. 

After a jumped to the 'Main' page and then back to "Plugins', clicked on the 'check of update' button, everything was now shown as updated but all of the updates have December 2014 dates except for the WebGUI. 

I find the Update option often hangs, and has to be closed. Sometimes its on the first item, sometimes 1/2 way down. It seems random on whether it will complete or not.

Any one else having this issue? Any suggestions?

For reference I have most Dynamix plugins and the APCUPSD plugin installed.

Did anyone of you notice the "info" button and read the changes prior to installing the plugin ?

Absolutely,  if given the information, I always check out what the changes are.  (If the changes are major and don't address an issue on my system, I will generally wait a few days to see if any issues/bugs crop up!)

PS--- The description you provided really didn't indicate what the changes were or why they were necessary.  I can only assume that some change in the base WebGUI required some minor updating of the other plugins.