[REQUEST] Mythtv Backend Docker please :)

• Replies 303
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Having fun yet Sparkly?  :D

Pretty sure fun isn't the word he's been using, although it does begin with the same two letters  :o

hit a few walls, mainly with the database side of things.

giving it a rest for a little bit on it and will come back at it later this week.

Good idea...  ;)

Pretty sure fun isn't the word he's been using, although it does begin with the same two letters  :o

giving it a rest for a little bit on it and will come back at it later this week.

Good idea...  ;)

fibre went live about 10 minutes ago....

Good idea...  ;)

Cool, thought it wasn't going to happen till Thursday?

Modem work?

Good idea...  ;)

Cool, thought it wasn't going to happen till Thursday?

Modem work?

gonna fix it up in a bit, watching a movie.

little reading first then going to hook it up.

Good idea...  ;)

LOL...when I first read this I thought you had to make a dash to the bathroom!

it will probably just pull up the setup routine and fail to start the backend, but i need someone to verify.

I am no expert but I do run a mythtv backend in a vm now with a HDHomerun.  I will do what I can to help.

ok, i'll flip it into my beta repo.

at this stage i'm just looking to see whether it will connect with a homerun. if the backend starts then that's a bonus, i'm not expecting it to. also there's no mythweb component yet, that's for further down the line.

you'll have to manually add a mapping for recordings, to set up recording groups etc...

put a recordings mapping in the template.

it will probably just pull up the setup routine and fail to start the backend, but i need someone to verify.

I am no expert but I do run a mythtv backend in a vm now with a HDHomerun.  I will do what I can to help.

ok, i'll flip it into my beta repo.

at this stage i'm just looking to see whether it will connect with a homerun. if the backend starts then that's a bonus, i'm not expecting it to. also there's no mythweb component yet, that's for further down the line.

you'll have to manually add a mapping for recordings, to set up recording groups etc...

put a recordings mapping in the template.

Ok  will do!

to get the setup screen to load,

once the container is loaded and started for a few minutes, issue this at the unraid command line

docker exec -it MythTv bash

and then

mysql_tzinfo_to_sql /usr/share/zoneinfo | mysql -uroot -p mysql

it will ask for a password, just press enter.

DON'T try and run that external to the container with exec, it won't work, it has to be inside the container.

then exit out.

you will also need to either use guacamole or RDP into the container at

<your unraid ip>:3389

username/passwd is root/root

the setup program is here...

CwFN2WY.png

once the container is loaded and started for a few minutes, issue this at the unraid command line

and then

DON'T try and run that external to the container with exec, it won't work, it has to be inside the container.

then exit out.

CwFN2WY.png

I followed your commands and got it running. Went to setup and It did not find my HDhomerun but does give the option to manual add an IP of the Homerun and it still didn't find it. I went to scan for channels and it times out. I did enter my schedules direct tv guide info and it pulled the guide data down fine, but I could not view it since there is no mythweb part yet.

and then

then exit out.

CwFN2WY.png

I followed your commands and got it running. Went to setup and It did not find my HDhomerun but does give the option to manual add an IP of the Homerun and it still didn't find it. I went to scan for channels and it times out. I did enter my schedules direct tv guide info and it pulled the guide data down fine, but I could not view it since there is no mythweb part yet.

what port does hd homerun usually use.

I don't know that but I do know that I can type this on my mythtv vm command prompt (hdhomerun_config discover) and it will show me the id of my hdhomerun. I tried this on your docker and it did not understand the command so I guess mythubuntu vm I run already had that package installed.

HD homerun use port 65001 for discovering devices.

You can try to run the container with network type set to host. You should be able to see the HD homerun then if mister sparkly did a good job  :D

lol, give me a break, it's been a complete PITA just to get the config screen up.

i was going to expose that specific port in the template, but of course using host will do for testing.

HD homerun use port 65001 for discovering devices.

You can try to run the container with network type set to host. You should be able to see the HD homerun then if mister sparkly did a good job  :D

lol, give me a break, it's been a complete PITA just to get the config screen up.

i was going to expose that specific port in the template, but of course using host will do for testing.

You mean this?  ;D

bread.jpg