[REQUEST] Mythtv Backend Docker please :)

HD homerun use port 65001 for discovering devices.

You can try to run the container with network type set to host. You should be able to see the HD homerun then if mister sparkly did a good job  :D

lol, give me a break, it's been a complete PITA just to get the config screen up.

i was going to expose that specific port in the template, but of course using host will do for testing.

You mean this?  ;D

bread.jpg

that's PITTA here in the uk, lol.

• Replies 303
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Switched to Host and lost the SQL connection to database. Tried to reconnect but no go.

do you have another database instance on your unraid ?

because switching to host will probably knock it or the one inside the container out as they both fight for port 3306.

It's probably best to map the port manually in the template then.

Here is an overview of the ports used http://www.speedguide.net/port.php?port=5004

HD homerun use port 65001 for discovering devices.

You can try to run the container with network type set to host. You should be able to see the HD homerun then if mister sparkly did a good job  :D

lol, give me a break, it's been a complete PITA just to get the config screen up.

i was going to expose that specific port in the template, but of course using host will do for testing.

You mean this?  ;D

bread.jpg

that's PITTA here in the uk, lol.

The guy introducing the word in UK was probably dyslexic  ;)

Switched to Host and lost the SQL connection to database. Tried to reconnect but no go.

because switching to host will probably knock it or the one inside the container out as they both fight for port 3306.

Here is an overview of the ports used http://www.speedguide.net/port.php?port=5004

read that for 65001 in regards to homerun and it needs both tcp and udp for that port.

put them in the xml

read that for 65001 in regards to homerun and it needs both tcp and udp for that port.

put them in the xml

Ok I put both ports in as requested and switched back to bridge mode and still didn't find the homerun.

Next I switch it back to Host mode and it didn't auto detect my homerun but did allow me to use the IP of the homerun and it scanned channels just fine!

latest version that is building, you don't need to enter that mysql command at the exec prompt anymore.

I can try this now if you like.  However, I have a mariadb container (3306)...how should I proceed?

John

i've put the port assignment in the container options, change it up to 3307, i'm hoping to not to have to resort to using host for this container.

ok go, if you have a previous version, crash and burn everything, update applications in community applications or check for updates in webui if you don't have that plugin (why the f$$k wouldn't you have though ?)

reload new template, don't use mymythtv from dropdown.

I deleted all traces, refreshed the community apps repo, redirected 3306 --> 3307.  Pulling now.

ok go, if you have a previous version, crash and burn everything, update applications in community applications or check for updates in webui if you don't have that plugin (why the f$$k wouldn't you have though ?)

That's the best recommendation I've seen yet... ;D  Although you wouldn't have had to do an update applications.  Editing the container would have pulled the new version.

That's the best recommendation I've seen yet... ;D  Although you wouldn't have had to do an update applications.  Editing the container would have pulled the new version.

i made some changes to the actual template itself too.

root@localhost:# /usr/bin/docker run -d --name="MythTv" --net="bridge" -e TZ="America/New_York" -p 3307:3306/tcp -p 3389:3389/tcp -p 5002:5002/udp -p 5004:5004/udp -p 6543:6543/tcp -p 6544:6544/tcp -p 65001:65001/udp -p 65001:65001/tcp -v "/mnt/cache/Docker/mythtv/":"/root/.mythtv":rw -v "/mnt/cache/Docker/mythtv/db/":"/db":rw -v "/mnt/user/PVR/Recordings/":"/Recordings":rw sparklyballs/mythtv
039a45dcb887bb1978d9b00e28faac1cd1e0edc2c8c812ec5a059853a85d8fe2

The command finished successfully!

Moment of truth...

Before I go any farther...the log file thus far:

*** Running /etc/my_init.d/001-fix-the-time.sh...

Current default time zone: 'America/New_York'
Local time is now: Sun Jun 21 15:20:29 EDT 2015.
Universal Time is now: Sun Jun 21 19:20:29 UTC 2015.

*** Running /etc/my_init.d/002-bring-up-the-database.sh...
Creating database.
Database created. Granting access to 'root' ruser for all hosts.
Starting MariaDB...
Testing whether database is ready
waiting.....
waiting.....
waiting.....
Starting MariaDB...
*** Running /etc/my_init.d/003-bring-up-rdp.sh...
*** Running /etc/my_init.d/00_regen_ssh_host_keys.sh...
*** Running /etc/rc.local...
*** Booting runit daemon...
*** Runit started as PID 1494
Jun 21 15:20:53 039a45dcb887 syslog-ng[1500]: syslog-ng starting up; version='3.5.3'
Jun 21 15:20:54 039a45dcb887 mate-session[1527]: WARNING: Could not connect to ConsoleKit: Failed to connect to socket /var/run/dbus/system_bus_socket: No such file or directory
Jun 21 15:20:54 039a45dcb887 mate-session[1527]: WARNING: Could not connect to ConsoleKit: Failed to connect to socket /var/run/dbus/system_bus_socket: No such file or directory
Jun 21 15:20:55 039a45dcb887 mate-session[1527]: WARNING: Could not launch application 'gnome-keyring-secrets.desktop': Unable to start application: Failed to execute child process "/usr/bin/gnome-keyring-daemon" (Operation not permitted)
Jun 21 15:20:55 039a45dcb887 mate-session[1527]: WARNING: Could not launch application 'gnome-keyring-ssh.desktop': Unable to start application: Failed to execute child process "/usr/bin/gnome-keyring-daemon" (Operation not permitted)
Jun 21 15:20:55 039a45dcb887 mate-session[1527]: WARNING: Could not launch application 'gnome-keyring-gpg.desktop': Unable to start application: Failed to execute child process "/usr/bin/gnome-keyring-daemon" (Operation not permitted)
Jun 21 15:20:55 039a45dcb887 mate-session[1527]: WARNING: Could not launch application 'gnome-keyring-pkcs11.desktop': Unable to start application: Failed to execute child process "/usr/bin/gnome-keyring-daemon" (Operation not permitted)
Jun 21 15:20:55 039a45dcb887 mate-session[1527]: WARNING: Could not connect to ConsoleKit: Failed to connect to socket /var/run/dbus/system_bus_socket: No such file or directory
Jun 21 15:20:55 039a45dcb887 mate-session[1527]: WARNING: Could not connect to ConsoleKit: Failed to connect to socket /var/run/dbus/system_bus_socket: No such file or directory
Jun 21 15:25:54 039a45dcb887 mate-session[1527]: WARNING: Could not connect to ConsoleKit: Failed to connect to socket /var/run/dbus/system_bus_socket: No such file or directory

Before I go any farther...the log file thus far:

*** Running /etc/my_init.d/001-fix-the-time.sh...

Current default time zone: 'America/New_York'
Local time is now: Sun Jun 21 15:20:29 EDT 2015.
Universal Time is now: Sun Jun 21 19:20:29 UTC 2015.

Creating database.
Starting MariaDB...
waiting.....
waiting.....
waiting.....
Starting MariaDB...
Jun 21 15:20:53 039a45dcb887 syslog-ng[1500]: syslog-ng starting up; version='3.5.3'
Jun 21 15:20:55 039a45dcb887 mate-session[1527]: WARNING: Could not launch application 'gnome-keyring-secrets.desktop': Unable to start application: Failed to execute child process "/usr/bin/gnome-keyring-daemon" (Operation not permitted)
Jun 21 15:20:55 039a45dcb887 mate-session[1527]: WARNING: Could not launch application 'gnome-keyring-ssh.desktop': Unable to start application: Failed to execute child process "/usr/bin/gnome-keyring-daemon" (Operation not permitted)
Jun 21 15:20:55 039a45dcb887 mate-session[1527]: WARNING: Could not launch application 'gnome-keyring-gpg.desktop': Unable to start application: Failed to execute child process "/usr/bin/gnome-keyring-daemon" (Operation not permitted)
Jun 21 15:20:55 039a45dcb887 mate-session[1527]: WARNING: Could not launch application 'gnome-keyring-pkcs11.desktop': Unable to start application: Failed to execute child process "/usr/bin/gnome-keyring-daemon" (Operation not permitted)
Jun 21 15:25:54 039a45dcb887 mate-session[1527]: WARNING: Could not connect to ConsoleKit: Failed to connect to socket /var/run/dbus/system_bus_socket: No such file or directory

all that stuff at the bottom is harmless nonsense because of the rdp stuff.

Creating database.
Starting MariaDB...
waiting.....
waiting.....
waiting.....
Starting MariaDB...

this however is all good.

upgrade , or it won't work.

and upgrade again if there is a second screen like that (should be.)

if all goes well should take you through to the main setup screen.

i know this sounds bad, but i really don't know if the backend itself will start because i have no sources to test with, lol.

talk about building in the dark.