disable mover

ijuarez

how do you disable it in beta 6 v15?

You can change the mover schedule under Scheduler Settings. No disable, though.

Why do you want to disable it? There are probably better ways to accomplish what you have in mind.

because it moved stuff and broke things and it pissed me off.

but i then realize it was user error and needed to correct settings and only have it run once.

Also if a have share created and told "yes" on the cache question mover will move that data to the array, correct? if its set to "only" it will stay on the cache drive only?

how do you disable it in beta 6 v15?

You can change the mover schedule under Scheduler Settings. No disable, though.

Why do you want to disable it? There are probably better ways to accomplish what you have in mind.

because it moved stuff and broke things and it pissed me off.

but i then realize it was user error and needed to correct settings and only have it run once.

Also if a have share created and told "yes" on the cache question mover will move that data to the array, correct? if its set to "only" it will stay on the cache drive only?

I thought it might be something like that.

Yes, the whole point of cache-only user shares is to prevent mover from moving them from cache.

You should also check to make sure the share doesn't have folders on any of your other drives left from some accident you may have had.

If you go to the shares page, over to the right of each share is a "compute" link. Click on that (might take a little while) and it will show you how much space is used by the share on each drive it is on.

Folders starting with a dot (hidden) are not moved at all. It can be used as a mechanism to ensure folders stay on the cache drive.

Yes, that is the way everyone did it before cache-only shares were implemented in v5.

The drawback with hidden folders are that they are hidden. They won't appear when browsing folders over the network or through the GUI.

Folders starting with a dot (hidden) are not moved at all. It can be used as a mechanism to ensure folders stay on the cache drive.

Yes, that is the way everyone did it before cache-only shares were implemented in v5.

The drawback with hidden folders are that they are hidden. They won't appear when browsing folders over the network or through the GUI.

Hidden folders may be a positive too, depends on your needs  ;)

I use "Total Commander" and have the option enabled to show hidden files and folders, it is no inconvenience to me, but that's only me. :)

I use "Total Commander" and have the option enabled to show hidden files and folders, it is no inconvenience to me, but that's only me. :)

I sort of have it both ways. I have my cache-only shares with SMB export hidden and private. Can't see them over the network, but ony I can still access them by path, and they aren't hidden in the GUI or from Linux command line.

I sort of have it both ways. I have my cache-only shares with SMB export hidden and private. Can't see them over the network, but ony I can still access them by path, and they aren't hidden in the GUI or from Linux command line.

I also have mine hidden and private, but I can access mine with Windows Explorer because I have that set to show hidden files and folders.  I hate it when stuff gets hidden that I might want to know about, and Microsoft seem to like trying to hide it, even though generally they do so with the best of intentions.  :)

Archived