[Plug-In] Community Applications

I have a docker from an outside source (MySQL from the official source at https://hub.docker.com/_/mysql/, which at the time was the only way to get the latest version). When I run CA's "Installed Apps" view, all are displayed except that one. I know you can't give the level of detail you have for CA registered apps but is it possible to show at least the icon and link to the repository? No critical reason other than completeness. ;)

1 hour ago, interwebtech said:

I have a docker from an outside source (MySQL from the official source at https://hub.docker.com/_/mysql/, which at the time was the only way to get the latest version). When I run CA's "Installed Apps" view, all are displayed except that one. I know you can't give the level of detail you have for CA registered apps but is it possible to show at least the icon and link to the repository? No critical reason other than completeness. ;)

Because CA is designed around the concept of templates, it requires a raw / default template in order to operate.  It completely supports outside source apps being displayed within installed apps if it was converted by CA.  Since yours was not, you have to supply that default template.

You can either have CA search for and add the official mysql docker app (you don't need to actually install it though) or you can copy the template from 

/boot/config/plugins/dockerMan/templates-user

to

/boot/config/plugins/community.applications/private/DockerHub/

Don't copy anything else other than the template in question.

What either of those two options does is creates a private repository that CA can read the template from.

After copying the mysql  template either reboot or switch CA from appfeed mode to legacy and back to appfeed.

Pain in the ass in your case but it's just a design thing since it's primary purpose is not to manage existing containers but rather to install containers, with the addition of managing existing IF is knows about a default version of them.

• Upvote 1

Question - i setup backup a while back, but now i no longer wish to do it. The CA Backup tool continues to attempt a backup to a non existent drive mounted via 'unassigned devices'. Is there a way to just reset the settings and stop backup completely? I just can't seem to figure it out...

• 2 weeks later...

Couldn't think of any funny pic to post   :(

• Enhanced: Update plugins now refreshes page instead of reloading * far more convenient
  • Enhanced: Install plugins now refreshes page instead of reloading  * far more convenient
  • Enhanced: Increase search speed on installed apps
  • Added: Paging when utilizing favourite repositories
  • Code cleanup
  • Upvote 1
  • 2 weeks later...

5-6-mistakes.jpg

- Primarily a catch up release / merge of the development thread and the release thread, as I am continually winding up not noticing which thread I'm modifying and wind up losing all my work.

- Fixed: Display aberration in table mode under certain conditions

- Enhanced: View Mode & Results Per Page settings are now saved between instances of loading the plugin

- Enhanced: Increased compatibility with older browsers

- Added: Statistics display for appfeed

4 hours ago, Djoss said:

I have a quick question: Is there a way to force update of templates, instead of waiting for the automatic update that occurs every 2 hours?

You can hit Legacy Mode, which will take a minute or two to run.  But, there is zero reason to ever do that unless there is a new application available which hasn't hit the 2 hour scan yet.

But, as a developer, you can do that to make sure that there are no template errors, etc.

Edited by Squid

Yes, as a developper, I was looking in a way to see how changes done to a template looks in CA.

So is the legacy mode trick is the best way to force a refresh?  Or we could think to add a new functionality to serve this purpose?

Its the only way to do it.  Have CA scan all of the XML's itself.  Although I suppose an alternative would be to create a folder like

/boot/config/plugins/community.applications/private/djoss

And then toss the xmls into there.  It would show up as a private djoss repository with the apps in there.  Still would have to upload them to your GitHub though after verifying operation.

whenever you make a change to those XMLs, enter this in:

touch /tmp/community.applications/tempFiles/TrippingTheRift

That line signals CA to reload the appfeed AND rescan the flash drive for any changes to the XML's  (Just hit the apps tab again)  Without entering in the command, it won't rescan the flash until the appfeed changes.  That "backdoor" is there for the dockerHub search integration.

Note that under either method, some things such as download counts, and baseOS cannot be determined and will show up as such on the popups

Edited by Squid

By looking at the CA source code, I realized that the appFeed update is not occurring locally, but is done by a remote server.

Do you know if there was any though or discussion about the ability to have a way to force this server to perform an update?  This could be done via a webhook.  Developers could then integrate this webhook in their Github repository: whenever a push is done, appFeed would be updated :) 

2 minutes ago, Djoss said:

By looking at the CA source code, I realized that the appFeed update is not occurring locally, but is done by a remote server.

Do you know if there was any though or discussion about the ability to have a way to force this server to perform an update?  This could be done via a webhook.  Developers could then integrate this webhook in their Github repository: whenever a push is done, appFeed would be updated :) 

Already done and implemented.

You might want to hit kode / kodestar up on LSIO's IRC channel though if you've got problems  https://kiwiirc.com/client/chat.freenode.net/#linuxserver.io

• Upvote 1

keep-calm-its-here--4.jpg

Today's release of 6.4.0-RC1 unlocks some new features of Community Applications (versions 2017.05.30+)

- All displays (with the exception of "table mode") are now rendered using <div> instead of <table>.  This should result in faster rendering.

- Icon and Icon Details mode will now fill the window horizontally with as many apps as will fit

- If you resize the window (or rotate your tablet for instance), then the display will automatically re-render so that only the correct number of apps will fit into the screen.  (Phones / tablets: this is all based upon what the browser reports as the resolution.  This value may not be the same as the actual resolution of the screen)

- I would recommend that if using a phone / tablet to navigate through the Apps tab, that you limit the search results to 50 maximum to limit the inconvenience of the browser taking time to re-render the display accordingly when you rotate it.

If you find any display aberrations, then please post a screen shot along with the browser that you are using.

Edited by Squid
  • Upvote 1

Got a small feature addition request to community apps if I may be so bold. Being that I am incessantly impatient I have set "Hover Time delay (miliseconds):" property to zero. this works great when I hover over an app but when I move the mouse off, the item still takes a long time to disappear. can you make this function apply to hover on and move off timings as well? or add another property for hover off time to remain in milliseconds? Many thanks.

5 hours ago, sarf said:

Got a small feature addition request to community apps if I may be so bold. Being that I am incessantly impatient I have set "Hover Time delay (miliseconds):" property to zero. this works great when I hover over an app but when I move the mouse off, the item still takes a long time to disappear. can you make this function apply to hover on and move off timings as well? or add another property for hover off time to remain in milliseconds? Many thanks.

I actually did originally have that variable control both open and close, and then removed the option to change the close because of how dynamix's CSS is all set up (If you look closely at it, there is a gap between the icon and the pop up when it opens up on the right side.   Net result with very short delays is that on occasion the pop up would actually close if you scrolled over to it.

But, I just checked out the docs on the API for the popup, and there is another option (tested it already) that will let me close that gap and allow the close delay to be as fast as you want.

Give me a day or two for this, as everyone always yells at me when I do quick CA updates...

Hopefully at sometime during the 6.4RC series, @bonienl will also find the time finish some of the tooltipster CSS