unRAID Server Release 6.0-rc6-x86_64 Available

• Replies 195
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I have a container that is connecting..

which was also an autostart container...

root@Unraid-Nas:~# docker exec Readerself cat /etc/resolv.conf
# Generated by dhcpcd from br0.dhcp
# /etc/resolv.conf.head can replace this line
domain sparklyballs.home
nameserver 192.168.1.30
# /etc/resolv.conf.tail can replace this line
#root@Unraid-Nas:~# docker exec Readerself cat /etc/hosts
172.17.0.4	021569070f15
127.0.0.1	localhost
::1	localhost ip6-localhost ip6-loopback
fe00::0	ip6-localnet
ff00::0	ip6-mcastprefix
ff02::1	ip6-allnodes
ff02::2	ip6-allrouters
root@Unraid-Nas:~# docker exec Readerself cat /etc/hostname
021569070f15

I just updated my main server - thanks a lot guy's great job!!

Load Statistics ist showing the correct CPU speed now and the with the exception of fan 0 running at 675000 RPM  :o all is looking great (IPMI Tool seems to show the more accurate amount of 975 RPM for fan 0)

Other than that my console is full of messages (see screenshot attached) but syslog is clean. Can you please give advise if this is an area of concern or how to deal with it?

Thanks a lot.

Upgraded and now have JAVA as a process taking up %47 of my CPU power. I don't remember seeing this before. Currently I only have one VM running but I do just have the Crashplan service running. Does that use the JAVA process?

Where are you checking for the Java process?    Java is not part of a standard unRAID install so is this inside the VM you mentioned? 

Also if  your container was created in -beta14 or earlier you need to recreate it because of a change in docker 1.5.0 which introduced in -beta15.

Can you clarify what you mean by this?  I assume we need to explicitly delete the container and recreate it from the image and template?  Should we delete the image and re-download that as well?

You shouldn't have to delete the entire image, just the container.  This can be achieved by stopping container, go to edit page, and just click 'save' - any user data INSIDE the container will be lost of course - but I think all unraid specific containers are set up to map 'appdata' outside the container.

Thanks.  That was my understanding, but it just wanted it to be clear.  Possibly something to add to the first post?

Upgraded and now have JAVA as a process taking up %47 of my CPU power. I don't remember seeing this before. Currently I only have one VM running but I do just have the Crashplan service running. Does that use the JAVA process?

Where are you checking for the Java process?    Java is not part of a standard unRAID install so is this inside the VM you mentioned?

I have confirmed the Java is coming from the Crashplan main app. It is Java loaded. I guess I never noticed it before. After a little while it goes from %80-%90 down to around %40.

java.jpg.d256138c5c89809fd6b3f43e1f72c717.jpg

Ok, I don't know if it's relevant or not, but the dockers that don't connect all appear to have python in them in way or another.

the one app that is connecting of mine, doesn't.

Im jumping into this DNS issue a bit late here BUT I have all the applications running that you guys are talking about and they are running and updating just fine.

In the main I run all them with Network Type = Host apart from Reverse Proxy, Guacamole and Kodi Headless BUT they don't seem to have issues either.

i don't know enough about networking, but just for the sake of trying something, could LT team try a test build with IPV6 enabled in the kernel ?

I think you might be on to something. Maybe not the general DNS issue here but having IPv6 on a bridged interface where the host OS isnt IPv6 capable cant be ideal.

RC5 --> RC6

All good here.

Looks like some work was done around the System Info popup.  :)  My installed memory is correct, however, max installable is still off...

tJXt6v4.png

My MB is capable of 192GB (ECC):  http://www.supermicro.com/products/motherboard/QPI/5500/X8DTH-iF.cfm.

As I said before, this probably should be treated with the lowest priority.  Just wanted to make LT aware.

John

OK...I take back my "all good here".  Looks like I may have been bitten by the DNS bug when I never was before.  I just started to open the webuis for my numerous dockers and saw this in my Emby one:

yuoYvqL.png

Never had that before.

root@unRAID:~# docker exec EmbyServer ping -c 3 google.com
PING google.com (204.186.215.52) 56(84) bytes of data.
64 bytes from cache.google.com (204.186.215.52): icmp_seq=1 ttl=61 time=10.2 ms
64 bytes from cache.google.com (204.186.215.52): icmp_seq=2 ttl=61 time=10.6 ms
64 bytes from cache.google.com (204.186.215.52): icmp_seq=3 ttl=61 time=10.7 ms

--- google.com ping statistics ---
3 packets transmitted, 3 received, 0% packet loss, time 2002ms
rtt min/avg/max/mdev = 10.204/10.549/10.786/0.276 ms

root@unRAID:~# docker exec EmbyServer ping 192.168.1.1
PING 192.168.1.1 (192.168.1.1) 56(84) bytes of data.
64 bytes from 192.168.1.1: icmp_seq=1 ttl=64 time=0.302 ms
64 bytes from 192.168.1.1: icmp_seq=2 ttl=64 time=0.157 ms
64 bytes from 192.168.1.1: icmp_seq=3 ttl=64 time=0.199 ms
64 bytes from 192.168.1.1: icmp_seq=4 ttl=64 time=0.183 ms
64 bytes from 192.168.1.1: icmp_seq=5 ttl=64 time=0.238 ms
64 bytes from 192.168.1.1: icmp_seq=6 ttl=64 time=0.259 ms
64 bytes from 192.168.1.1: icmp_seq=7 ttl=64 time=0.198 ms
64 bytes from 192.168.1.1: icmp_seq=8 ttl=64 time=0.115 ms
^Croot@unRAID:~#

BTW..I am using static IP and DNS for unRAID:

ChCHRs8.png

EDIT:  CouchPotato docker having DNS issues also.  The "Suggested" and "Charts" portion of the frontpage will not populate and I also see this errors in the logs:

06-12 06:28:02INFO[hpotato.core.plugins.base] Opening url: get http://www.omdbapi.com/?type=movie&i=tt0407304, data: []
06-12 06:28:02ERROR[hpotato.core.plugins.base] Failed opening url in CouchPotatoApi: https://api.couchpota.to/info/tt0407304/ Traceback (most recent call last):
ConnectionError: ('Connection aborted.', gaierror(-2, 'Name or service not known'))
06-12 06:28:02ERROR[hpotato.core.plugins.base] Failed opening url in OMDBAPI: http://www.omdbapi.com/?type=movie&i=tt0407304 Traceback (most recent call last):
ConnectionError: ('Connection aborted.', gaierror(-2, 'Name or service not known'))
06-12 06:28:02INFO[hpotato.core.plugins.base] Opening url: get https://api.couchpota.to/info/tt1545103/, data: []
06-12 06:28:02INFO[hpotato.core.plugins.base] Opening url: get http://www.omdbapi.com/?type=movie&i=tt1545103, data: []
06-12 06:28:02ERROR[hpotato.core.plugins.base] Failed opening url in CouchPotatoApi: https://api.couchpota.to/info/tt1545103/ Traceback (most recent call last):
06-12 06:28:02ERROR[hpotato.core.plugins.base] Failed opening url in OMDBAPI: http://www.omdbapi.com/?type=movie&i=tt1545103 Traceback (most recent call last):

EDIT#2:  Attached Diagnostics...

EDIT#3:  Sonarr also:

KickassTorrents http://kickass.to/tv/1/?rss=1&field=time_add&sorder=desc Error: NameResolutionFailure

unraid-diagnostics-20150612-0702.zip

Has anyone ever worked out why some suffer from the DNS issue and others don't?

http://lime-technology.com/forum/index.php?topic=40584.msg382990#msg382990

I asked that too. I can't get to grips (after reading people talking about it) just what even it is.

It feels like those who are experiencing it are those who are using certain Dockers in Bridge Network mode (which in the main apart from 3 I don't) But to be honest that is just me interpreting a post here and a post there.

Weirdness.

5l6Xudz.png

See what comes back from this command:

docker exec Sickbeard python -c "import socket; print socket.gethostbyname('localhost'); print socket.gethostbyname('github.com');"

from my needo/sickbeard docker I get:

Just my $0.02

I had the dns issue frequently when I also had VMs. Ever since I got rid of the VMs and turned off the VM tab, I never had a single dns issue.

I'm using all my containers in bridge mode except for plex and amazon echo which are set to host by default

i've recycled the container bridge/host/bridge a while back.

but i'll run it now and then again next reboot (if it doesn't connect) for comparision.

root@Unraid-Nas:~# docker exec Sickbeard python -c "import socket; print socket.gethostbyname('localhost'); print socket.gethostbyname('github.com');"
root@Unraid-Nas:~#

Looks like I'm having problems now..

Anything I can do to help debug this one?

So far looks like couchpotato, sonarr, Emby, Plex

Interestingly NZBGet & Deluge which are both versions using a VPN connection are working fine..

you people (LT crew, lol) always ask me to run these things when i'm in the middle of a container and can't put it down because i haven't commited to git yet and most of the stuff is in my human memory, which is getting bad, lol.

it's like you want to make me appear to be unhelpful (or there's a secret backdoor in unraid and you know what i'm doing)

RC5 --> RC6

All good here.

Looks like some work was done around the System Info popup.  :)  My installed memory is correct, however, max installable is still off...

tJXt6v4.png

My MB is capable of 192GB (ECC):  http://www.supermicro.com/products/motherboard/QPI/5500/X8DTH-iF.cfm.

As I said before, this probably should be treated with the lowest priority.  Just wanted to make LT aware.

John

Shoot, I see what Supermicro did there.  To Linux/unRAID the motherboard chipset is reporting a max capacity of 288GB but that's only possible if you have one of your cousin motherboards (e.g. X8DAH+) that come with 18 dimm slots instead of 12.  Don't think there's any easy way for us to detect this.

Just my $0.02

I had the dns issue frequently when I also had VMs. Ever since I got rid of the VMs and turned off the VM tab, I never had a single dns issue.

I'm using all my containers in bridge mode except for plex and amazon echo which are set to host by default

i tried a reboot a while back with VM's not autostarting and still had connection issues with containers.

Looks like I'm having problems now..

Anything I can do to help debug this one?

So far looks like couchpotato, sonarr, Emby, Plex

Interestingly NZBGet & Deluge which are both versions using a VPN connection are working fine..

I am having the same exact experience.  My Deluge and NZBGet containers both connect through my PIA VPN and appear unaffected.

John

Just my $0.02

I have always had a mix of VMs and containers and did not experience this issue (not even once) prior to RC6.

John