[DOCKER] Mythtv

• Replies 236
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I have the same setup, with host mode networking.  The fact that you get this dialog coming up suggests that networking is okay and that you are connecting to an instance of xrdp - is it possible you have multiple instances running?  Another docker running for example - not even mythtv.  The first instance running will listen on the RDP port (3389) and later instances will fail to connect.

Thanks for the tip.

I must confess I'm actually running this on a synology ds1815+ nas (not unraid), but I am desperate as this is the only forum that seems to deal with running mythtv backend via docker....and I am so close to getting it up and running!

Looking  at /var/log/xrdp-sesman.log I see the following error which must be the cause of all this:

[ERROR] bind error on port '3350': 98 (Address already in use)

I have tried changing ports in the ini file, but no matter what I change it to I get the same binding error.

In xrdp i get the following error:

connecting to sesman ip 127.0.0.1 port 3350
sesman connect ok
sending login info to session manager. please wait...
xrdp_mm_process_login_response: login failed

for some reason, when running in host mode, the service is unable to bind to the localhost ip of 127.0.0.1:3350

I have read other posts about it perhaps being something to do with the loopback interface, but I didn't understand it tbh. Hopefully someone can help

I have the same setup, with host mode networking.  The fact that you get this dialog coming up suggests that networking is okay and that you are connecting to an instance of xrdp - is it possible you have multiple instances running?  Another docker running for example - not even mythtv.  The first instance running will listen on the RDP port (3389) and later instances will fail to connect.

Thanks for the tip.

I must confess I'm actually running this on a synology ds1815+ nas (not unraid), but I am desperate as this is the only forum that seems to deal with running mythtv backend via docker....and I am so close to getting it up and running!

Looking  at /var/log/xrdp-sesman.log I see the following error which must be the cause of all this:

[ERROR] bind error on port '3350': 98 (Address already in use)

I have tried changing ports in the ini file, but no matter what I change it to I get the same binding error.

In xrdp i get the following error:

connecting to sesman ip 127.0.0.1 port 3350
sesman connect ok
sending login info to session manager. please wait...
xrdp_mm_process_login_response: login failed

for some reason, when running in host mode, the service is unable to bind to the localhost ip of 127.0.0.1:3350

I have read other posts about it perhaps being something to do with the loopback interface, but I didn't understand it tbh. Hopefully someone can help

What command are you running the docker with?  Or post the json file I think Synology uses...

What command are you running the docker with?  Or post the json file I think Synology uses...

I used the following....

docker run -d --name="mythtv" --net="host" sparklyballs/sparkly-mythtv:latest

re the json file there is a registry.json and key.json which dont have any relevant information. There's a myth.config file for the container which looks like

{"cap_add":[],
"cap_drop":[],
"cmd":"","cpu_priority":50,
"ddsm_bind_share":"",
"devices":[],
"enable_publish_all_ports":false,
"enable_restart_policy":false,
"enabled":false,
"env_variables":[],
"exporting":false,
"id":"e397525f3dfb994cf3c0f0d4523bcd1c9a9edf879eadd81b1120d593bf958707",
"image":"sparklyballs/sparkly-mythtv:latest",
"is_ddsm":false,
"is_package":false,
"links":[],
"memory_limit":2147483648,
"memory_limit_slider":2048,
"name":"mythtv","network":[],
"port_bindings":[],
"privileged":false,
"shortcut":{"enable_shortcut":false},
"use_host_network":true,
"volume_bindings":[]
}

For what its worth. inspect gives the following output

sh-4.3# docker inspect mythtv
[
    {
        "Id": "e397525f3dfb994cf3c0f0d4523bcd1c9a9edf879eadd81b1120d593bf958707",
        "Created": "2016-07-04T09:31:27.944516344Z",
        "Path": "/sbin/my_init",
        "Args": [],
        "State": {
            "Status": "exited",
            "Running": false,
            "Paused": false,
            "Restarting": false,
            "OOMKilled": false,
            "Dead": false,
            "Pid": 0,
            "ExitCode": 2,
            "Error": "",
            "StartedAt": "2016-07-04T10:53:05.375601629Z",
            "FinishedAt": "2016-07-04T11:13:33.934249205Z"
        },
        "Image": "sha256:530eb1ec43e7f48979bc348644a90997148470ceae260e79fdd869017a9b3cc1",
        "ResolvConfPath": "/volume1/@docker/containers/e397525f3dfb994cf3c0f0d4523bcd1c9a9edf879eadd81b1120d593bf958707/resolv.conf",
        "HostnamePath": "/volume1/@docker/containers/e397525f3dfb994cf3c0f0d4523bcd1c9a9edf879eadd81b1120d593bf958707/hostname",
        "HostsPath": "/volume1/@docker/containers/e397525f3dfb994cf3c0f0d4523bcd1c9a9edf879eadd81b1120d593bf958707/hosts",
        "LogPath": "/volume1/@docker/containers/e397525f3dfb994cf3c0f0d4523bcd1c9a9edf879eadd81b1120d593bf958707/log.db",
        "Name": "/mythtv",
        "RestartCount": 0,
        "Driver": "btrfs",
        "MountLabel": "",
        "ProcessLabel": "",
        "AppArmorProfile": "",
        "ExecIDs": null,
        "HostConfig": {
            "Binds": null,
            "ContainerIDFile": "",
            "LogConfig": {
                "Type": "db",
                "Config": {}
            },
            "NetworkMode": "host",
            "PortBindings": {},
            "RestartPolicy": {
                "Name": "",
                "MaximumRetryCount": 0
            },
            "AutoRemove": false,
            "VolumeDriver": "",
            "VolumesFrom": null,
            "CapAdd": null,
            "CapDrop": null,
            "Dns": [],
            "DnsOptions": [],
            "DnsSearch": [],
            "ExtraHosts": null,
            "GroupAdd": null,
            "IpcMode": "",
            "Cgroup": "",
            "Links": null,
            "OomScoreAdj": 0,
            "PidMode": "",
            "Privileged": true,
            "PublishAllPorts": false,
            "ReadonlyRootfs": false,
            "SecurityOpt": null,
            "StorageOpt": null,
            "UTSMode": "",
            "UsernsMode": "",
            "ShmSize": 67108864,
            "Env": null,
            "Override": true,
            "ConsoleSize": [
            ],
            "Isolation": "",
            "CpuShares": 50,
            "Memory": 2147483648,
            "CgroupParent": "",
            "BlkioWeight": 0,
            "BlkioWeightDevice": null,
            "BlkioDeviceReadBps": null,
            "BlkioDeviceWriteBps": null,
            "BlkioDeviceReadIOps": null,
            "BlkioDeviceWriteIOps": null,
            "CpuPeriod": 0,
            "CpuQuota": 0,
            "CpusetCpus": "",
            "CpusetMems": "",
            "Devices": [],
            "DiskQuota": 0,
            "KernelMemory": 0,
            "MemoryReservation": 0,
            "MemorySwap": 4294967296,
            "MemorySwappiness": -1,
            "OomKillDisable": false,
            "PidsLimit": 0,
            "Ulimits": null,
            "CpuCount": 0,
            "CpuPercent": 0,
            "BlkioIOps": 0,
            "BlkioBps": 0,
            "SandboxSize": 0
        },
        "GraphDriver": {
            "Name": "btrfs",
            "Data": null
        },
        "SynoUpTime": -1,
        "SynoFinishTime": 1467630813,
        "SynoStatus": "exited",
        "Mounts": [
            {
                "Name": "41f67d29a05f8c142f2ca53538c8787721b426338d42a04847c3dc159278ab50",
                "Source": "/volume1/@docker/volumes/41f67d29a05f8c142f2ca53538c8787721b426338d42a04847c3dc159278ab50/_data",
                "Destination": "/db",
                "Driver": "local",
                "Mode": "",
                "RW": true,
                "Propagation": ""
            },
            {
                "Name": "e898cb99e843a63760f016594ecbac16d6a42f5ae26a5248c1147838c426dd40",
                "Source": "/volume1/@docker/volumes/e898cb99e843a63760f016594ecbac16d6a42f5ae26a5248c1147838c426dd40/_data",
                "Destination": "/home/mythtv",
                "Driver": "local",
                "Mode": "",
                "RW": true,
                "Propagation": ""
            }
        ],
        "Config": {
            "Hostname": "nas",
            "Domainname": "",
            "User": "",
            "AttachStdin": false,
            "AttachStdout": false,
            "AttachStderr": false,
            "ExposedPorts": {
                "3310/tcp": {},
                "3389/tcp": {},
                "5000/udp": {},
                "5002/udp": {},
                "5004/udp": {},
                "65001/tcp": {},
                "65001/udp": {},
                "6543/tcp": {},
                "6544/tcp": {},
                "6760/tcp": {}
            },
            "Tty": true,
            "OpenStdin": true,
            "StdinOnce": false,
            "Env": [
                "PATH=/usr/local/sbin:/usr/local/bin:/usr/sbin:/usr/bin:/sbin:/bin",
                "HOME=/root",
                "DEBIAN_FRONTEND=noninteractive",
                "TERM=xterm",
                "LANG=en_US.UTF-8",
                "LANGUAGE=en_US:en",
                "LC_ALL=en_US.UTF-8",
                "APACHE_RUN_USER=www-data",
                "APACHE_RUN_GROUP=www-data",
                "APACHE_LOG_DIR=/var/log/apache2",
                "APACHE_LOCK_DIR=/var/lock/apache2",
                "APACHE_PID_FILE=/var/run/apache2.pid"
            ],
            "Cmd": [
                "/sbin/my_init"
            ],
            "Image": "sparklyballs/sparkly-mythtv:latest",
            "Volumes": {
                "/db": {},
                "/home/mythtv": {}
            },
            "WorkingDir": "",
            "Entrypoint": null,
            "OnBuild": null,
            "Labels": {},
            "DDSM": false
        },
        "NetworkSettings": {
            "Bridge": "",
            "SandboxID": "a9f03978afb6240d9cc15883835813cf009fc09625af36af65bc580fde3b4f5b",
            "HairpinMode": false,
            "LinkLocalIPv6Address": "",
            "LinkLocalIPv6PrefixLen": 0,
            "Ports": null,
            "SandboxKey": "/var/run/docker/netns/default",
            "SecondaryIPAddresses": null,
            "SecondaryIPv6Addresses": null,
            "EndpointID": "",
            "Gateway": "",
            "GlobalIPv6Address": "",
            "GlobalIPv6PrefixLen": 0,
            "IPAddress": "",
            "IPPrefixLen": 0,
            "IPv6Gateway": "",
            "MacAddress": "",
            "Networks": {
                "host": {
                    "IPAMConfig": null,
                    "Links": null,
                    "Aliases": null,
                    "NetworkID": "bdac4fc351bfce85c8182d7ac39178be6c172529163b9b9157ac15f9dae194b0",
                    "EndpointID": "",
                    "Gateway": "",
                    "IPAddress": "",
                    "IPPrefixLen": 0,
                    "IPv6Gateway": "",
                    "GlobalIPv6Address": "",
                    "GlobalIPv6PrefixLen": 0,
                    "MacAddress": ""
                }
            }
        }
    }
]

Thanks

My guess is something is using the port on your Synology, generally, trying to change the port inside the container breaks stuff.  Just tried running this myself and it's working my end.

docker run -d --name="MythTv" --net="host" -e TZ="Europe/London" -e HOST_OS="unRAID" -e "TCP_PORT_6760"="6760" -e "TCP_PORT_3310"="3310" -e "TCP_PORT_3389"="3389" -e "UDP_PORT_5000"="5000" -e "UDP_PORT_5002"="5002" -e "UDP_PORT_5004"="5004" -e "TCP_PORT_6543"="6543" -e "TCP_PORT_6544"="6544" -e "UDP_PORT_65001"="65001" -e "TCP_PORT_65001"="65001" -v "/mnt/cache/.appdata/mythtv/home":"/home/mythtv":rw -v "/mnt/user/.appdata/mythtv/db":"/db":rw -v "/mnt/user/.appdata/mythtv/lib/":"/var/lib/mythtv":rw sparklyballs/sparkly-mythtv

Unraid automatically puts in all the port mappings despite it being run in host mode.  Thought it might be helpful to see.  Nothing is using port 3350 according to that.

Only other thing I can think of is if you're sure nothing is using port is that I can't see where your mapped folders are going.  You don't really want them inside the container.

Sorry can't be of any more help.

My guess is something is using the port on your Synology, generally, trying to change the port inside the container breaks stuff.  Just tried running this myself and it's working my end.

docker run -d --name="MythTv" --net="host" -e TZ="Europe/London" -e HOST_OS="unRAID" -e "TCP_PORT_6760"="6760" -e "TCP_PORT_3310"="3310" -e "TCP_PORT_3389"="3389" -e "UDP_PORT_5000"="5000" -e "UDP_PORT_5002"="5002" -e "UDP_PORT_5004"="5004" -e "TCP_PORT_6543"="6543" -e "TCP_PORT_6544"="6544" -e "UDP_PORT_65001"="65001" -e "TCP_PORT_65001"="65001" -v "/mnt/cache/.appdata/mythtv/home":"/home/mythtv":rw -v "/mnt/user/.appdata/mythtv/db":"/db":rw -v "/mnt/user/.appdata/mythtv/lib/":"/var/lib/mythtv":rw sparklyballs/sparkly-mythtv

Unraid automatically puts in all the port mappings despite it being run in host mode.  Thought it might be helpful to see.  Nothing is using port 3350 according to that.

Only other thing I can think of is if you're sure nothing is using port is that I can't see where your mapped folders are going.  You don't really want them inside the container.

Sorry can't be of any more help.

Thanks for the that, I appreciate your response.

Re the mapped folders, I hadn't got around to that yet...I was thinking once I get the HDHR working then I'd move onto that, or else there's no point in continuing. I plan to map the folders to the host once I get past this hurdle.

There's definitely nothing using the port as i have tried many random ports also did a check with netstat. My gut feeling is it has something to do with a limitation on Synology's implementation of docker.

On a hunch, instead of using the rdp client in windows, I thought I would try using vncviewer instead, which connects via 5900.

To my surprise it works and i can get the desktop. But when I launch mythth-setup all I get is a brown screen, ie it fails to paint the menu and buttons etc  >:(

I tried starting with a smaller window (ie mythtv-setup --geometry 800x600), but still the same issue, just a brown screen.

I just don't think it's meant to be!

ok just an update. I realised xrdp and xvnc were separate applications (i thought xrdp was a part of xvnc, i've never heard of it until now :-[ )

anyway, so i decided to focus on dealing with the redraw problem i was experiencing via vnc as i was getting nowhere getting xrdp to work in host mode.

it looks like the issue with the redraw problem via vnc is related to the fact that mythtv uses the qt toolkit (not gtk as most apps do).

the workaround is to run the following from the terminal

export QT_X11_NO_MITSHM=1

then when running mythtv-setup it now renders the windows correctly :)

my run command is as follows:

docker run -d --name="mythtv" --net="host" -e TZ="Australia/Melbourne" -v "/mnt/mythtv/home":"/home/mythtv":rw -v "/mnt/mythtv/db":"/db":rw -v "/mnt/mythtv/lib/":"/var/lib/mythtv":rw sparklyballs/sparkly-mythtv

live tv is working correctly

mythweb also working correctly, using port 6760 :)

thank you for your help :)

• 3 weeks later...

Will there be a new version of this container with a more recent mythtv version?  I tried doing a apt-get update & upgrade a few weeks ago which worked to a significant extent but failed around database updates if I recall correctly.  I've deleted the instance again but will get back to looking at upgrading it again soon.

This will not be easy as part of a docker update.  I believe and maybe everyone can chime in if I am wrong,  but to upgrade to .28 within the container is not easy.  The easiest and most realistic method would be to shutdown your .27 instance and have a new .28 instance.  In order to do an update to .28 within an existing docker would be really tough to accomplish.  I also tried to do all of what you didl within the docker and was unsuccessful.

The issues I have run into is that the new .28 mythtv uses QT5 libraries.  I was having issues with QT5 in conjunction with running the mythtv-setup application that Sparkly has so nicely setup via xrdp connection.  The only way I was able to get around this is to create a new docker with Phusion .9.19 and mythtv .28.    I am not an expert by any means,  but it would way more of a challenge to upgrade. Would there be interest in a .28 docker container that would be all new,  that you would have to re-go through the setup of your tuners, and channel data and also re-setup all your recording schedules?  I know this is a pain.  I know,  I just went through it, but it is actually alot easier than going through an upgrade within the docker already created....

The main reason I wanted the .28 docker is that the Services API finally does not need to rely on StartTS and Channel ID to delete recordings via the API.  I was playing with some python scripts I wrote to see if I could automatically move the Mythtv Recordings to the Directory structure I have for Plex to automatically add things to the library.    I am a long ways off from that,  but with .28,  the dvr service api allows you delete recordings based on a recording ID unique to each recording instead of trying to keep track of StartTS and Channel ID.   

Anyway,  I am babbling....

Sparkly,

Do you have any issues with me creating a new .28 only docker based off of all of your hard work?  I want to start contributing back since I have enjoyed your Mythtv Docker for the last year.  It has been awesome!    I just needed .28 so I went through a lot of the initial work to try and get it working in a docker based off of phusion .9.19 and your Dockerfile and init scripts.  I have a fairly repeatable build out there on dockerhub as well as a templates repo build,  but have kept my work as a private repo for community applications so far since I feel it isn't my place since it was all your hard work.  Can I help you release a new .28 docker under your repo?  I tried to private message you,  but it said I was denied.

mp54u

• 1 month later...

I have been having a problem with mythtv slowly eating up my docker space.  I can delete the docker and container, reinstall and be fine, but I'd like to find out the root of the problem.  My volume mappings include:

/home/mythtv  ->    /mnt/cache/appdata/mythtv/home

/db        ->          /mnt/cache/appdata/mythtv/db

/var/lib/mythtv    ->  /mnt/cache/appdata/mythtv/data

As a side note, I noticed that I slowly run out of space whether I have watched tv or not.  Is there a directory that is creating some sort of log file?  Could it be the guide filling it up?

Is there a directory I'm missing?  I couldn't seem to find an answer in my search.  Thank You!

I have been having a problem with mythtv slowly eating up my docker space.  I can delete the docker and container, reinstall and be fine, but I'd like to find out the root of the problem.  My volume mappings include:

As a side note, I noticed that I slowly run out of space whether I have watched tv or not.  Is there a directory that is creating some sort of log file?  Could it be the guide filling it up?

Is there a directory I'm missing?  I couldn't seem to find an answer in my search.  Thank You!

I've located the file that is gradually growing.  It is in folder Var->log->mysql  It is a mariadb-bin file and I can almost watch it grow in size.  Will this gradually level out?  Should I do a volume mapping to my cache?  Is this even supposed to be happening?

Thank you.

I've located the file that is gradually growing.  It is in folder Var->log->mysql  It is a mariadb-bin file and I can almost watch it grow in size.  Will this gradually level out?  Should I do a volume mapping to my cache?  Is this even supposed to be happening?

Thank you.

You can try this: http://lime-technology.com/forum/index.php?topic=40937.msg475225#msg475225

Thank you.

You can try this: http://lime-technology.com/forum/index.php?topic=40937.msg475225#msg475225

Thank you for this.  However, I don't think it is a log file issue.  That command issued a return of just 2.8MB.  I think this might be more of an issue with the mythtv database growing constantly. 

• 4 weeks later...

Hello,

I'm trying to install his docker. It looks like it installs OK but when I try to launch it I get this message.

Not sure where I need to go from here.

datetime:  2016-09-25 17:30:19 (MDT)

errornum:  256

error type:  User Error

error string:  !!NoTrans: MasterServerIP or MasterServerPort not found! You may need to check your mythweb.conf file or re-run mythtv-setup!!

filename:  /usr/share/mythtv/bindings/php/MythBackend.php

error line:  42

Here is what is in the log for the docker.

** Running /etc/my_init.d/001-fix-the-time.sh...

Current default time zone: 'America/Denver'

Local time is now: Sun Sep 25 17:28:32 MDT 2016.

Universal Time is now: Sun Sep 25 23:28:32 UTC 2016.

*** Running /etc/my_init.d/002-fix-the-config-etc.sh...

*** Running /etc/my_init.d/003-bring-up-the-database.sh...

Creating database(s).

Database(s) created.

Starting MariaDB...

Checking whether database(s) are ready

waiting.....

waiting.....

Starting MariaDB...

*** Running /etc/my_init.d/004-bring-up-rdp.sh...

*** Running /etc/my_init.d/005-bring-up-the-backend.sh...

*** Running /etc/my_init.d/006-bring-up-mythweb.sh...

Hello,

I'm trying to install his docker. It looks like it installs OK but when I try to launch it I get this message.

error string:  !!NoTrans: MasterServerIP or MasterServerPort not found! You may need to check your mythweb.conf file or re-run mythtv-setup!!

Creating database(s).

Database(s) created.

Starting MariaDB...

waiting.....

waiting.....

Starting MariaDB...

Did you remote desktop into mythtv and set it up first?  I think I ran across this problem too when I did mine.  When you remote in and set it up, it should be fine if I am remembering correction.  You want to remote to:  your ip:3389  if you used the default device mappings.

You'd have to have a pretty good reason to continue (or commence) using this over the new linuxserver tvheadend docker http://lime-technology.com/forum/index.php?topic=51621.0

Like unreliable seek behaviour whilst skipping through timeshifted shows in Kodi? Unreliable=press skip back to go back a few seconds and it jumps all the way back to the start of the recorded show. It may be the Kodi addon causing the problem, but that doesn't really matter if that's the front end you use.

MythTV=everything just works.

Tvheadend=sometimes doesn't work.

I used to use tvheadend, but that's my reason to stick with MythTV for now. I tested the previous version of tvheadend and it still had issues. I'd like to use it again as it's lightweight and I like the GUI for recorded programs, but it's got to "just work" first.

Hello,

Creating database(s).

Database(s) created.

Starting MariaDB...

waiting.....

waiting.....

Starting MariaDB...

Did you remote desktop into mythtv and set it up first?  I think I ran across this problem too when I did mine.  When you remote in and set it up, it should be fine if I am remembering correction.  You want to remote to:  your ip:3389  if you used the default device mappings.

Sorry for the late reply. This was the issue. Thanks for the help.

I have another question. I'm trying to setup my video source setup. It doesn't seem like it retrieving any lineups when I enter my SD username and password. When I hit retrieve the progress bar gets to 50% then disappears. I'm behind a Pf-sense firewall so do I need to forward a certain port in order to download the guide info?

Thanks,

• 2 months later...
  • 2 months later...